East Germany in from the Cold: The Economic Aftermath of Currency Union
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 22 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
macroeconomics; East Germany; currency union;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurt Vogler-Ludwig, 1990. "Verdeckte Arbeitslosigkeit in der DDR," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 43(24), pages 03-10, October.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Rudiger Dornbusch & Richard Layard (ed.), 1986. "Restoring Europe's Prosperity: Macroeconomic Papers from the Centre for European Policy Studies," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262523949, December.
- Renate Filip-Köhn & Udo Ludwig, 1990. "Dimensionen eines Ausgleichs des Wirtschaftsgefälles zur DDR," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 3, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Davis, Steven J, 1987. "Allocative Disturbances and Specific Capital in Real Business Cycle Theories," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 326-32, May.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
478, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1991. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," NBER Working Papers 3579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Economics Working Papers, University of California at Berkeley 90-151, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley qt40m5g6pp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Colin Lawrence & Robert Z. Lawrence, 1985. "Manufacturing Wage Dispersion: An End Game Interpretation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(1), pages 47-116.
- Michael C. Burda & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1987. "Institutional Aspects of High Unemployment in the Federal Republic of Germany," NBER Working Papers 2241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- André Sapir & Daniel Begg & Alasdair Smith & Charles Wyplosz & Carl Hamilton & L. Alan Winters & Francesco Giavazzi & Victor Norman & Jean-Pierre Danthine & Damien Neven, 1990. "Monitoring European integration: the impact of Eastern Europe :a CEPR annual report," ULB Institutional Repository, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 2013/8224, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Siebert, Horst, 1990. "The economic integration of Germany," Kiel Discussion Papers, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW) 160, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-93, August.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-93, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1991. "Macroeconomic Aspects of German Unification," NBER Working Papers 3596, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siebert, Horst & Schmieding, Holger & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1991. "The transformation of a socialist economy: lessons of German unification," Kiel Working Papers, Kiel Institute for the World Economy 469, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Burda, Michael C, 1990. "The Consequences of German Economic and Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 449, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1977.
"Search Theory and Duration Data: A Theory of Sorts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-57, February.
- Stephen W. Salant, 1974. "Search theory and duration data: a theory of sorts," Special Studies Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.