Low probability, high impact: Policy making and extreme events
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 30 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002.
"Towards a new early warning system of financial crises,"
Working Paper Series
0145, European Central Bank.
- Bussiere, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2006. "Towards a new early warning system of financial crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 953-973, October.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Matthieu Bussiere, 2003. "Towards A New Early Warning System of Financial Crises," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 81, Royal Economic Society.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981.
"Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model,"
292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984. "Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-40, September.
- Catherine A. Pattillo & Andrew Berg, 1998.
"Are Currency Crises Predictable? a Test,"
IMF Working Papers
98/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997.
"Leading indicators of currency crises,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1852, The World Bank.
- Mussa, Michael, 1999. "Policies to Avoid or Ameliorate Financial Crises," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 301-310, May.
- Steven B. Kamin, 1999. "The current international financial crisis: how much is new?," International Finance Discussion Papers 636, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999.
"The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems,"
14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999. "The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrew Berg & Eduardo Borensztein & Catherine A. Pattillo, 2004. "Assessing Early Warning Systems," IMF Working Papers 04/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Basdevant, Olivier & Hall, Stephen G., 2002. "The 1998 Russian crisis: could the exchange rate volatility have predicted it?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 151-168, May.
- Alan Greenspan, 2004. "Risk and Uncertainty in Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 33-40, May.
- Kamin, Steven B., 1999. "The current international financial crisis:: how much is new?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 501-514, August.
- Salvatore, Dominick, 1999. "Could the Financial Crisis in East Asia Have Been Predicted?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 341-347, May.
- Tobias Knedlik & Gregor Von Schweinitz, 2012.
"Macroeconomic Imbalances as Indicators for Debt Crises in Europe,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 726-745, 09.
- Tobias Knedlik & Gregor von Schweinitz, 2011. "Macroeconomic Imbalances as Indicators for Debt Crises in Europe," IWH Discussion Papers 12, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Sarlin, Peter, 2013.
"On policymakers’ loss functions and the evaluation of early warning systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 1-7.
- Sarlin, Peter, 2013. "On policymakers' loss function and the evaluation of early warning systems," Working Paper Series 1509, European Central Bank.
- Esaka, Taro, 2013. "Evaluating the effect of de facto pegs on currency crises," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 943-963.
- Bussière, M., 2013. "In Defense of Early Warning Signals," Working papers 420, Banque de France.
- El-Shagi, M. & Knedlik, T. & von Schweinitz, G., 2013.
"Predicting financial crises: The (statistical) significance of the signals approach,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 76-103.
- Makram El-Shagi & Tobias Knedlik & Gregor von Schweinitz, 2012. "Predicting Financial Crises: The (Statistical) Significance of the Signals Approach," IWH Discussion Papers 3, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Tobias Knedlik, 2012.
"The European Commission’s Scoreboard of Macroeconomic Imbalances – The Impact of Preferences on an Early Warning System,"
IWH Discussion Papers
10, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Knedlik, Tobias, 2013. "The European Commission's Scoreboard of Macroeconomic Imbalances: The impact of preferences on an early warning system," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80028, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alessi, Lucia & Detken, Carsten, 2011. "Quasi real time early warning indicators for costly asset price boom/bust cycles: A role for global liquidity," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 520-533, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.