Measurement of economic efficiency using the behavioral and stochastic cost frontier approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 18 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lau, Lawrence J & Yotopoulos, Pan A, 1971. "A Test for Relative Efficiency and Application to Indian Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 94-109, March.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1992. "Price Distortions and Resource-Use Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Restricted Profit Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 231-39, May.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1977. "Allocative Efficiency: The Role of Human Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 59-79, February.
- Ram, Rati, 1980. "Role of Education in Production: A Slightly New Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 365-73, September.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and Its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 239-53, January.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., . "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP -412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Zavale, Helder & Mabaya, Edward T. & Christy, Ralph D., 2006. "Smallholders' Cost Efficiency in Mozambique: Implications for Improved Maize Seed Adoption," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25648, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Annika Herr & Hendrik Schmitz & Boris Augurzky, 2009. "Does Higher Cost Inefficiency Imply Higher Profit Inefficiency? - Evidence on Inefficiency and Ownership of German Hospitals," Ruhr Economic Papers 0132, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Fan, Shenggen, 1999.
"Technological change, technical and allocative efficiency in Chinese agriculture: the case of rice production in Jiangsu,"
EPTD discussion papers
39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shenggen Fan, 2000. "Technological change, technical and allocative efficiency in Chinese agriculture: the case of rice production in Jiangsu," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 1-12.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2009.
"Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 340-349, August.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2008. "Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36867, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996. "Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 17-28, September.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2003.
"Profit Efficiency Among Bangladeshi Rice Farmers,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25898, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dimitris Christopoulos & John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2001. "Efficiency in European railways: Not as inefficient as one might think," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 63-88, May.
- Berg, Nathan, 2006. "Behavioral Labor Economics," MPRA Paper 26366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007. "Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001. "Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 235-243, September.
- Sumelius, John & Islam, K.M. Zahidul & Sipilainen, Timo, 2011. "Access to Microfinance: Does it Matter for Profit Efficiency Among Small Scale Rice Farmers in Bangladesh?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116067, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anik, Asif Reza & Breustedt, Gunnar & Bauer, Siegfried, 2011. "The Impact of Corruption on Farmers' Efficiency in Rice Production: A Natural Experiment from Bangladesh," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114224, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zavale, Helder & Mabaya, Edward T. & Christy, Ralph D., 2005. "Smallholders’ Cost Efficiency in Mozambique: Implications for Improved Maize Seed Adoption," Staff Papers 121066, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.