Why do black basketball players work more for less money?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 44 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Brown & R. Jewell, 1995. "Race, revenues, and college basketball," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 75-90, March.
- Clement, Robert C & McCormick, Robert E, 1989. "Coaching Team Production," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 287-304, April.
- Daniel Marburger, 1996. "Racial discrimination and long-term contracts in major league baseball," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 83-94, September.
- Lott, John R, Jr & Roberts, Russell D, 1991. "A Guide to the Pitfalls of Identifying Price Discrimination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 14-23, January.
- Andersen, Torben & La Croix, Sumner J, 1991. "Customer Racial Discrimination in Major League Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 665-77, October.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 1991. "Discrimination in professional sports: A survey of the literature," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(3), pages 395-418, April.
- Lindsay, Cotton M & Maloney, Michael T, 1988. "A Model and Some Evidence Concerning the Influence of Discrimination on Wages," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 645-60, October.
- Nardinelli, Clark & Simon, Curtis, 1990. "Customer Racial Discrimination in the Market for Memorabilia: The Case of Baseball," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(3), pages 575-95, August.
- Michael T. Maloney & Robert E. McCormick, 1993. "An Examination of the Role That Intercollegiate Athletic Participation Plays in Academic Achievement: Athletes' Feats in the Classroom," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-570.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kahn, Lawrence M., 2009.
"The Economics of Discrimination: Evidence from Basketball,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2009. "The Economics of Discrimination: Evidence from Basketball," NCER Working Paper Series 40, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- D Berri & R Simmons, 2007. "Race and the evaluation of signal callers in the national football league," Working Papers 591147, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3679 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3964 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mongeon, Kevin & Winfree, Jason, 2012. "Comparison of television and gate demand in the National Basketball Association," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 72-79.
- Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Partridge, Mark D., 2001. "A supply and demand model of co-worker, employer and customer discrimination," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 389-416, June.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Richard T. Hossfeld & Janet K. Smith, 2002. "Are NBA Fans Becoming Indifferent to Race? Evidence from the 1990s," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2002-12, Claremont Colleges.
- Robert Tollison in Wikipedia (English)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.