Competition regimes and air transport costs: The effects of open skies agreements
AbstractThis presentation discusses the authors' paper on the effects of open skies agreement. They explain how they estimate the effect of a change in Air Competition Regimes (OSA) on air transport costs, the effect of better infrastructure and Regulatory Quality on Air transport Costs, and the impact of OSA through time. Findings and conclusions are highlighted. This presentation was created for the Latin America/Caribbean and Asia/Pacific Economics and Business Association (LAEBA)'s 4th Annual Meeting, held in Lima, Peru, on June 17th, 2008.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 70 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Other versions of this item:
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications 49839, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications 46738, Inter-American Development Bank.
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clark, Ximena & Dollar, David & Micco, Alejandro, 2004.
"Port efficiency, maritime transport costs, and bilateral trade,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 417-450, December.
- Ximena Clark & David Dollar & Alejandro Micco, 2004. "Port Efficiency, Maritime Transport Costs and Bilateral Trade," NBER Working Papers 10353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Overman, Henry G. & Redding, Stephen J & Venables, Anthony J., 2001.
"The Economic Geography of Trade Production and Income: A Survey of Empirics,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henry Overman & Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Economic Geography of Trade, Production, and Income: A Survey of Empirics," CEP Discussion Papers dp0508, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G. & Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony, 2003. "The economic geography of trade, production and income : a survey of empirics," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto Stein & Guillermo OrdoÒez, 2003.
"The currency union effect on trade: early evidence from EMU,"
CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 315-356, October.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003. "The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU," Research Department Publications 4339, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2001.
"Trade in international maritime services : how much does policy matter?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2522, The World Bank.
- Carsten Fink & Aaditya Mattoo & Ileana Cristina Neagu, 2002. "Trade in International Maritime Services: How Much Does Policy Matter?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(1), pages 81-108, June.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1984. "Testing trade theories and predicting trade flows," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 467-517 Elsevier.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00586878 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grancay, Martin, 2009. "A Brief Genesis of the North Atlantic Air Transport," MPRA Paper 14095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grancay, Martin, 2009. "Evaluating competitiveness of airports - Airport competitiveness index," MPRA Paper 16488, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baldwin, Richard & Harrigan, James, 2007.
"Zeros, Quality and Space: Trade Theory and Trade Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6368, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin & James Harrigan, 2011. "Zeros, Quality, and Space: Trade Theory and Trade Evidence," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 60-88, May.
- Richard Baldwin & James Harrigan, 2007. "Zeros, Quality and Space: Trade Theory and Trade Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danielken Molina, 2009. "Elasticity of Substitution in the U.S. Market with Endogenous Transport Costs: a Sectoral Approach," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Henry Vega, 2008.
"Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison across Major Exporting Countries,"
48178, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Henry Vega, 2008. "Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison across Major Exporting Countries," IDB Publications 48798, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Henry Vega, 2008. "The Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison between Ecuador and Major Exporting Countries," IDB Publications 9293, Inter-American Development Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "Logistics in Argentina : Analysis, Options and Strategies to Overcome Emerging Restrictions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12553, The World Bank.
- Blyde, Juan & Molina, Danielken, 2013. "Logistics Infrastructure and the International Location of Fragmented Production," MPRA Paper 45749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David L. Hummels & Georg Schaur, 2009.
"Hedging Price Volatility Using Fast Transport,"
NBER Working Papers
15154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lux, Matthias, 2011. "Defying Gravity: The Substitutability of Transportation in International Trade," MPRA Paper 36395, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2012.
- Danielken Molina, 2008. "Bilateral Transport Cost, Infrastructure, Common Bilateral Ties and Political Stability," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Piermartini, Roberta & Rousova, Linda, 2009. "Free Sky and Clouds of Restrictions," Discussion Papers in Economics 10944, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira & Paolo Giordano & Antoni Estevadeordal & Tomás Serebrisky & Jordan Schwartz & Ricardo Sánchez & Aiga Stokenberga, 2010. "Nota de Discusión de Politícas: Cómo Reducir Las Brechas de Integración (Escenarios y Recomendaciones de Políticas para Promover la Infraestructura Física y Reducir los Costes del Comercio Intra," IDB Publications 9338, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.