Estimating the extent of potential competition in the Korean mobile telecommunications market: Switching costs and number portability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shy, Oz, 2002. "A quick-and-easy method for estimating switching costs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-87, January.
- Kevin T. Stroupe & Eleanor D. Kinney & Thomas J.J. Kniesner, 2001.
"Chronic Illness and Health Insurance-Related Job Lock,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 525-544.
- Kevin T. Stroupe & Eleanor D. Kinney & Thomas J. Kniesner, 2000. "Chronic Illness and Health Insurance-Related Job Lock," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 19, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Jones, Michael A. & Mothersbaugh, David L. & Beatty, Sharon E., 2002. "Why customers stay: measuring the underlying dimensions of services switching costs and managing their differential strategic outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 441-450, June.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, April.
- Roe, Brian & Boyle, Kevin J. & Teisl, Mario F., 1996. "Using Conjoint Analysis to Derive Estimates of Compensating Variation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 145-159, September.
- McCulloch, Robert & Rossi, Peter E., 1994. "An exact likelihood analysis of the multinomial probit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 207-240.
- Justus Haucap, 2003. "Telephone Number Allocation: A Property Rights Approach," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 91-109, March.
- Kim, Moshe & Kliger, Doron & Vale, Bent, 2003. "Estimating switching costs: the case of banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-56, January.
- Joel Huber & Kenneth Train, 2001.
"On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths,"
- Huber, Joel & Train, Kenneth, 2000. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7zm4f51b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joel Huber and Kenneth Train., 2000. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Economics Working Papers E00-289, University of California at Berkeley.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1995. "Competition When Consumers Have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 515-39, October.
- Layton, David F., 2000. "Random Coefficient Models for Stated Preference Surveys," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 21-36, July.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1998.
"Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 109-129, November.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1j6814b3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3tb6j874, University of California Transportation Center.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Reinke, Thomas H, 1998. "Local number portability and local loop competition. Critical issues," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 73-87, February.
- David Hensher, 2001. "The valuation of commuter travel time savings for car drivers: evaluating alternative model specifications," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 101-118, May.
- Gans, Joshua S. & King, Stephen P. & Woodbridge, Graeme, 2001. "Numbers to the people: regulation, ownership and local number portability," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 167-180, June.
- Vincenzo Andrietti & Vincent Hildebrand, 2001. "Pension Portability and Labour Mobility in the United States. New Evidence from the SIPP Data," CeRP Working Papers 10, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Alan Gustman & Thomas Steinmeier, 1990.
"Pension Portability and Labor Mobility: Evidence From the Survey of Income and Program Participation,"
NBER Working Papers
3525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustman, Alan L. & Steinmeier, Thomas L., 1993. "Pension portability and labor mobility : Evidence from the survey of income and program participation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 299-323, March.
- Vincenzo Andrietti & Vincent Hildebrand, 2001.
"Pension Portability and Labour Mobility in the United States. New Evidence from SIPP Data,"
Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers
42, McMaster University.
- Andrietti, Vincenzo & Hildebrand, Vincent, 2001. "Pension Portability and Labour Mobility in the United States. New Evidence from SIPP Data," IRISS Working Paper Series 2001-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Alvarez-Farizo, Begona & Hanley, Nick, 2002. "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms. An example from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-116, January.
- Allenby, Greg M. & Rossi, Peter E., 1998. "Marketing models of consumer heterogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 57-78, November.
- Chiang, Jeongwen & Chib, Siddhartha & Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1998. "Markov chain Monte Carlo and models of consideration set and parameter heterogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 223-248, November.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Vagstad, Steinar, 2003. "Consumer heterogeneity, incomplete information and pricing in a duopoly with switching costs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 384-401, September.
- John Calfee & Clifford Winston & Randolph Stempski, 2001. "Econometric Issues In Estimating Consumer Preferences From Stated Preference Data: A Case Study Of The Value Of Automobile Travel Time," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 699-707, November.
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Pedro Pereira, 2011. "Subscription Choices and Switching Costs in Mobile Telephony," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2013. "Switching Costs and Network Effects – How Much Do they Really Matter in Mobile Telecommunications?," Working Papers 2013-29, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Donghun Kim & Philip Sugai, 2006. "Willingness to Pay for Service Attributes in the Japanese Digital Content Market," Working Papers EMS_2006_14, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Carlos Ocaña Pérez de Tudela & Yolanda Polo & Francisco Javier Sesé, 2009. "Existencia y heterogeneidad de los costes de cambio en la industria de la Telefonía Móvil," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 191(4), pages 9-26, December.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Sobolewski, Maciej, 2013. "Estimation of switching costs and network effects in mobile telecommunications in Poland," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88515, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Ricardo Ribeiro & João Vareda, 2007. "Crowding Out or Complementarity in the Telecommunications Market?," Working Papers 07-33, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Akihiro Nakamura, 2010. "Changes in consumers' behavior when a vertically integrated service is separated —The case of Japanese mobile phone services—," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 437-449.
- Donghun Kim & Philip Sugai, 2010. "Willingness to Pay for Digital Contents in Japan," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 1745-1752.
- Nakamura, A., 2011. "Estimating switching costs after introducing Fixed-Mobile Convergence in Japan," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 59-71, March.
- Jorge Ale, 2013. "Switching Costs and Introductory Pricing in the Wireless Service Industry," Working Papers 13-17, NET Institute.
- Daeho Lee & Jungwoo Shin & Junseok Hwang, 2011. "Application-Based Quality Assessment of Internet Access Service," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201183, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2011.
- Michal Grajek, 2003.
"Estimating Network Effects and Compatibility in Mobile Telecommunications,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2003-26, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Michal Grajek, 2007. "Estimating network effects and compatibility in mobile telecommunications," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-07-001, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:437-449 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicoletta Corrocher & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2010. "Switching costs, consumer heterogeneity and price discrimination," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 101(2), pages 149-167, October.
- Savage, Scott James & Waldman, Donald M., 2009. "Ability, location and household demand for Internet bandwidth," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 166-174, March.
- Amante, Ana & Vareda, João, 2010. "Improving consumer mobility in the mobile voice services market: a comprehensive set of remedies," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 2, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.