Why customers stay: measuring the underlying dimensions of services switching costs and managing their differential strategic outcomes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 55 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1987. "Entry Deterrence in Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 99-117, Supplemen.
- Maute, Manfred F. & Forrester, William Jr., 1993. "The structure and determinants of consumer complaint intentions and behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 219-247, June.
- Czepiel, John A., 1990. "Service encounters and service relationships: Implications for research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 13-21, January.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980.
"Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands,"
1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982. "Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-65, June.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1987. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 375-94, May.
- Eugene W. Anderson & Mary W. Sullivan, 1993. "The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 125-143.
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Davidow, Moshe & Borges, Adilson, 2011. "More on the role of switching costs in service markets: A research note," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 823-829, August.
- Erifili Papista & Athanasios Krystallis, 2013. "Investigating the Types of Value and Cost of Green Brands: Proposition of a Conceptual Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 75-92, June.
- Joaquín Alegre & Maria Sard, 2006. "Tour operators' price strategie in the Balearic Islands," DEA Working Papers 19, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Woisetschläger, David M. & Lentz, Patrick & Evanschitzky, Heiner, 2011. "How habits, social ties, and economic switching barriers affect customer loyalty in contractual service settings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 800-808, August.
- D. Van Den Poel & B. Larivière, 2003.
"Customer Attrition Analysis For Financial Services Using Proportional Hazard Models,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
03/164, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Van den Poel, Dirk & Lariviere, Bart, 2004. "Customer attrition analysis for financial services using proportional hazard models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 196-217, August.
- Carlos Ocaña Pérez de Tudela & Yolanda Polo & Francisco Javier Sesé, 2009. "Existencia y heterogeneidad de los costes de cambio en la industria de la Telefonía Móvil," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 191(4), pages 9-26, December.
- Liang, Dapeng & Ma, Zhenzhong & Qi, Liyun, 2013. "Service quality and customer switching behavior in China's mobile phone service sector," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1161-1167.
- Yee, Rachel W.Y. & Yeung, Andy C.L. & Edwin Cheng, T.C., 2010. "An empirical study of employee loyalty, service quality and firm performance in the service industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 109-120, March.
- Lee, Jongsu & Kim, Yeonbae & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Park, Yuri, 2006. "Estimating the extent of potential competition in the Korean mobile telecommunications market: Switching costs and number portability," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 107-124, January.
- Sander Triest & Maurice Bun & Erik Raaij & Maarten Vernooij, 2009. "The impact of customer-specific marketing expenses on customer retention and customer profitability," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 125-138, June.
- Basiony, Abd Elazim & abd alla, Ghada & shaker El Sayed, Alaa, 2014. "Evaluating Tourism Service Quality Provided to the European Tourist “Applied on the British tourist"," MPRA Paper 57164, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Haj-Salem, Narjes & Chebat, Jean-Charles, 2014. "The double-edged sword: The positive and negative effects of switching costs on customer exit and revenge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1106-1113.
- Wu, Chih-Wen, 2014. "The study of service innovation for digiservice on loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 819-824.
- Lai, Fujun & Griffin, Mitch & Babin, Barry J., 2009. "How quality, value, image, and satisfaction create loyalty at a Chinese telecom," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 980-986, October.
- Balabanis, George & Reynolds, Nina & Simintiras, Antonis, 2006. "Bases of e-store loyalty: Perceived switching barriers and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 214-224, February.
- Afsar BILAL, 2010. "Determinants Of Customer Loyalty And Proposing A Customer Loyalty Model For The Banking Sector Of Pakistan," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(1), pages 73-90, May.
- Martin, William C. & Ponder, Nicole & Lueg, Jason E., 2009. "Price fairness perceptions and customer loyalty in a retail context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(6), pages 588-593, June.
- Wu, Lei-Yu & Chen, Kuan-Yang & Chen, Po-Yuan & Cheng, Shu-Ling, 2014. "Perceived value, transaction cost, and repurchase-intention in online shopping: A relational exchange perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2768-2776.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.