The height-for-age of Indian children
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics & Human Biology.
Volume (Year): 3 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osmani, Siddiq & Sen, Amartya, 2003. "The hidden penalties of gender inequality: fetal origins of ill-health," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 105-121, January.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Svedberg, Peter, 2000. "Poverty and Undernutrition: Theory, Measurement, and Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292685, September.
- Jason Abrevaya, 2001. "The effects of demographics and maternal behavior on the distribution of birth outcomes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 247-257.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, April.
- Brennan, Lance & McDonald, John & Shlomowitz, Ralph, 2004. "Infant feeding practices and chronic child malnutrition in the Indian states of Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 139-158, March.
- Lavy, V & Strauss, J & Thomas, D & de Vreyer, P, 1996.
"Quality of Health Care, Survivial and Health Outcomes in Ghana,"
96-20, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan & de Vreyer, Philippe, 1996. "Quality of health care, survival and health outcomes in Ghana," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 333-357, June.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 2000. "Explaining child malnutrition in developing countries: a cross-country analysis," Research reports 111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- D. E. Sahn & D. C. Stifel, 2002. "Parental Preferences for Nutrition of Boys and Girls: Evidence from Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 21-45.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996.
"Issues in measuring and modeling poverty,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1615, The World Bank.
- Borooah, Vani K., 2004.
"Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1719-1731, May.
- Borooah, Vani, 2004. "Gender Bias Among Children in India in their Diet and Immunisation Against Disease," MPRA Paper 19590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caldwell, John C., 1993. "Health transition: The cultural, social and behavioural determinants of health in the Third World," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 125-135, January.
- Basu, Kaushik & Foster, James E, 1998.
"On Measuring Literacy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1733-49, November.
- Rohini Pande, 2003. "Selective gender differences in childhood nutrition and immunization in rural India: The role of siblings," Demography, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 395-418, August.
- Veena Kulkarni & Raghav Gaiha, 2004. "Anthropometric Failure and Persistence of Poverty in Rural India," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 35, Econometric Society.
- David E. Sahn & David C. Stifel, 2002. "Robust Comparisons of Malnutrition in Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 716-735.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Duncan Thomas & John Strauss & Maria-Helena Henriques, 1991. "How Does Mother's Education Affect Child Height?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 183-211.
- Weihua Guan, 2003. "From the help desk: Bootstrapped standard errors," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 71-80, March.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Samuel Kobina Annim & Raghav Gaiha & Veena S. Kulkarni, 2012.
"Does Women's Empowerment Reduce Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India?,"
Discussion Paper Series
DP2012-11, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Dec 2012.
- Katsushi Imai & Samuel Kobina Annim & Veena S. Kulkarni & Raghav Gaiha, 2013. "Does Women's Empowerment Reduce Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India?," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-33, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Katsushi Imai & Samuel Kobina Annim & Raghav Gaiha & Veena S. Kulkarni, 2012. "Does Women’s Empowerment Reduce Prevalence of Stunted and Underweight Children in Rural India?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1209, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Sweeney, Stuart & Davenport, Frank & Grace, Kathryn, 2013. "Combining insights from quantile and ordinal regression: Child malnutrition in Guatemala," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 164-177.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2008. "Growth reference charts and the nutritional status of Indian children," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 455-468, December.
- Dasgupta, Parasmani & Saha, Rana & Nubé, Maarten, 2008. "Changes in body size, shape and nutritional status of Middle-Class Bengali boys of Kolkata, India, 1982-2002," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 75-94, March.
- Courtney Monk & Geeta Kingdon, 2010.
"Health, Nutrition and Acadmic Achievement: New Evidence from India,"
Economics Series Working Papers
CSAE WPS/2010-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Geeta Kingdon, 2010. "Health, Nutrition and Academic Achievement: New Evidence from India," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Di Mo & Hongmei Yi & Linxiu Zhang & Yaojiang Shi & Scott Rozelle & Alexis Medina, 2011. "Standard, Reputation and Trade: Evidence from U.S horticultural imports refusals," LICOS Discussion Papers 28211, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.