Children and Youth Services Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:cysrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2014, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-10 Intervening to improve outcomes for siblings in foster care: Conceptual, substantive, and methodological dimensions of a prevention science framework
by McBeath, Bowen & Kothari, Brianne H. & Blakeslee, Jennifer & Lamson-Siu, Emilie & Bank, Lew & Linares, L. Oriana & Waid, Jeffrey & Sorenson, Paul & Jimenez, Jessica & Pearson, Eva & Shlonsky, Aron
- 11-19 Factors associated with the motivation to use psychoactive substances and the motivation to change in adolescents in an authoritarian context
by Orsi, Mylène Magrinelli & Brochu, Serge & Lafortune, Denis & Patenaude, Catherine
- 20-24 A multi-site study of the ACT Raising Safe Kids program: Predictors of outcomes and attrition
by Knox, Michele & Burkhart, Kimberly
- 25-38 Housing costs and child functioning: Processes through investments and financial strains
by Kull, Melissa A. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 39-47 The challenge and opportunity of parental involvement in juvenile justice services
by Burke, Jeffrey D. & Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Garbin, Sara R.
- 48-56 Group care worker interventions and child problem behavior in residential youth care: Course and bidirectional associations
by Bastiaanssen, Inge L.W. & Delsing, Marc J.M.H. & Kroes, Gert & Engels, Rutger C.M.E. & Veerman, Jan W.
- 57-64 Supporting families: Outcomes of placement in voluntary out-of-home care for children and young people with disabilities and their families
by Crettenden, Angela & Wright, Annemarie & Beilby, Erin
- 65-72 Supervised contact visits: Results from a study of women in drug treatment with children in care
by Taplin, Stephanie & Mattick, Richard P.
- 73-83 Profiles of relational permanence at 22: Variability in parental supports and outcomes among young adults with foster care histories
by Cushing, Gretta & Samuels, Gina Miranda & Kerman, Ben
- 84-90 Speaking of self: “Winners” and “losers” in therapeutic foster care
by McKinney, Jason
- 91-100 Implementing the Crossover Youth Practice Model in diverse contexts: Child welfare and juvenile justice professionals' experiences of multisystem collaborations
by Haight, Wendy L. & Bidwell, Laurel N. & Marshall, Jane Marie & Khatiwoda, Parmananda
- 101-107 The impact of school connectedness and teacher support on depressive symptoms in adolescents: A multilevel analysis
by Joyce, Hilary D. & Early, Theresa J.
- 108-116 Boosting program integrity and effectiveness of the cognitive behavioral program EQUIP for incarcerated youth in The Netherlands
by Helmond, Petra & Overbeek, Geertjan & Brugman, Daniel
- 117-122 A comparison of service use among youth involved with juvenile justice and mental health
by Liebenberg, Linda & Ungar, Michael
- 123-134 Parentification in military families: Overlapping constructs and theoretical explorations in family, clinical, and military psychology
by Hooper, Lisa M. & Moore, Heather M. & Smith, Annie K.
- 135-143 The outcomes of foster care in South Korea ten years after its foundation: A comparison with institutional care
by Kang, Hyunah & Chung, Ick-Joong & Chun, JongSerl & Nho, Choong Rai & Woo, Seokjin
- 147-152 Exploration and adoption of evidence-based practice by US child welfare agencies
by Horwitz, Sarah McCue & Hurlburt, Michael S. & Goldhaber-Fiebert, Jeremy D. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Rolls-Reutz, Jennifer & Zhang, JinJin & Fisher, Emily & Landsverk, John
- 153-159 From practice to evidence in child welfare: Model specification and fidelity measurement of Team Decisionmaking
by Bearman, Sarah Kate & Garland, Ann F. & Schoenwald, Sonja K.
- 160-168 Interagency Collaborative Team model for capacity building to scale-up evidence-based practice
by Hurlburt, Michael & Aarons, Gregory A. & Fettes, Danielle & Willging, Cathleen & Gunderson, Lara & Chaffin, Mark J.
- 169-176 Cost calculator methods for estimating casework time in child welfare services: A promising approach for use in implementation of evidence-based practices and other service innovations
by Holmes, Lisa & Landsverk, John & Ward, Harriet & Rolls-Reutz, Jennifer & Saldana, Lisa & Wulczyn, Fred & Chamberlain, Patricia
- 177-182 The cost of implementing new strategies (COINS): A method for mapping implementation resources using the stages of implementation completion
by Saldana, Lisa & Chamberlain, Patricia & Bradford, W. David & Campbell, Mark & Landsverk, John
- 183-206 Explaining variations in state foster care maintenance rates and the implications for implementing new evidence-based programs
by Goldhaber-Fiebert, Jeremy D. & Babiarz, Kimberly S. & Garfield, Rachel L. & Wulczyn, Fred & Landsverk, John & Horwitz, Sarah M.
2014, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-9 Kin as Teachers: An early childhood education and support intervention for kinship families
by Littlewood, Kerry A. & Strozier, Anne L. & Whittington, Danielle
- 10-19 Comprehensive residential education: A promising model for emerging adults in foster care
by Lawler, Michael J. & Sayfan, Liat & Goodman, Gail S. & Narr, Rachel & Cordon, Ingrid M.
- 20-28 Universal reporting laws and child maltreatment report rates in large U.S. counties
by Palusci, Vincent J. & Vandervort, Frank E.
- 29-35 Cross-community youth work in North Belfast: Funding and youth leader personal networks
by Smith, Stephanie S.
- 36-43 A mixed-methods study of the impact of organizational culture on workforce retention in child welfare
by Zeitlin, Wendy & Augsberger, Astraea & Auerbach, Charles & McGowan, Brenda
- 44-51 The effectiveness of EQUIP on sociomoral development and recidivism reduction: A meta-analytic study
by van Stam, M.A. & van der Schuur, W.A. & Tserkezis, S. & van Vugt, E.S. & Asscher, J.J. & Gibbs, J.C. & Stams, G.J.J.M.
- 52-57 Youth sport administrators' perceptions and knowledge of organizational policies on child maltreatment
by Noble, Jeff & Vermillion, Mark
- 58-65 Student perspectives on how trauma experiences manifest in the classroom: Engaging court-involved youth in the development of a trauma-informed teaching curriculum
by West, Shantel D. & Day, Angelique G. & Somers, Cheryl L. & Baroni, Beverly A.
- 66-74 Perspectives on children's experiences in families with parental substance misuse and child protection interventions
by O'Connor, Louise & Forrester, Donald & Holland, Sally & Williams, Annie
- 75-81 Towards a rights-based approach to youth programs: Duty-bearers' perspectives
by Blanchet-Cohen, Natasha & Bedeaux, Christophe
- 83-92 New directions for research on the organizational and institutional context of child welfare agencies: Introduction to the symposium on “The Organizational and Managerial Context of Private Child Welfare Agencies”
by McBeath, Bowen & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Chuang, Emmeline & Wells, Rebecca & Bunger, Alicia C. & Jolles, Mónica Pérez
- 93-100 Trends in local public child welfare agencies 1999–2009
by Wells, Rebecca & Jolles, Mónica Pérez & Chuang, Emmeline & McBeath, Bowen & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 101-112 An empirical typology of private child and family serving agencies
by Chuang, Emmeline & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & McBeath, Bowen & Wells, Rebecca & Bunger, Alicia
- 113-122 Collaboration, competition, and co-opetition: Interorganizational dynamics between private child welfare agencies and child serving sectors
by Bunger, Alicia C. & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & McBeath, Bowen & Chuang, Emmeline & Pérez-Jolles, Monica & Wells, Rebecca
- 123-132 Organizational responsiveness to children and families: Findings from a national survey of nonprofit child welfare agencies
by McBeath, Bowen & Jolles, Mónica Pérez & Chuang, Emmeline & Bunger, Alicia C. & Collins-Camargo, Crystal
- 133-141 Private child welfare agency managers' perceptions of the effectiveness of different performance management strategies
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Chuang, Emmeline & McBeath, Bowen & Bunger, Alicia C.
- 142-149 Private child and family serving agencies: Implications of national survey results for policy and managerial practice
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Hollie, Mary & McBeath, Bowen
2014, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-8 Smoothing the transition to adulthood: Creating ongoing supportive relationships among foster youth
by Nesmith, Ande & Christophersen, Kaitlin
- 9-14 Preventing the residential placement of young children: A multidisciplinary investigation of challenges and opportunities in a rural state
by Rishel, Carrie W. & Morris, Tracy L. & Colyer, Corey & Gurley-Calvez, Tami
- 15-27 African American disproportionality and disparity in child welfare: Toward a comprehensive conceptual framework
by Boyd, Reiko
- 28-35 Who's on board? Child welfare worker reports of buy-in and readiness for organizational change
by McCrae, Julie S. & Scannapieco, Maria & Leake, Robin & Potter, Cathryn C. & Menefee, David
- 36-45 What explains instability in foster care? Comparison of a matched sample of children with stable and unstable placements
by Koh, Eun & Rolock, Nancy & Cross, Theodore P. & Eblen-Manning, Jennifer
- 46-54 Effectiveness of a multi-faceted, school-based health intervention program with 4th graders in Alabama
by Zaremba Morgan, Ali & Ulrich, Pamela & Simmons, Karla P. & Gropper, Sareen S. & Connell, Lenda Jo & Daniels, Mary Katherine & Latham, Elizabeth & Keiley, Margaret K.
- 55-63 Diffusing responsibility: A case study of child sexual abuse in popular discourse
by Miller, Susan L. & Hefner, M. Kristen & Leon, Chrysanthi S.
- 64-70 Out of home placement to promote safety? The prevalence of physical abuse in residential and foster care
by Euser, Saskia & Alink, Lenneke R.A. & Tharner, Anne & van IJzendoorn, Marinus H. & Bakermans-Kranenburg, Marian J.
- 71-80 Maternal criminal justice involvement and co-occurring mental health and substance abuse problems: Examining moderation of sex and race on children's mental health
by Miller, Keva M.
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-14 The effect of welfare sanctions on TANF exits and employment
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Cancian, Maria & Wallace, Geoffrey
- 15-21 Policies to promote economic stability, asset building, and child development
by Lewis, Melinda & Cramer, Reid & Elliott, William & Sprague, Aleta
- 22-29 The impact of repeated maltreatment on behavioral trajectories from early childhood to early adolescence
by Li, Fenfang & Godinet, Meripa T.
- 32-41 Evaluating Services for Kinship Care Families: A Systematic Review
by Lin, Ching-Hsuan
- 42-52 Educational outcomes for adults formerly in foster care: The role of ethnicity
by Villegas, Susy & Rosenthal, James & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter J.
- 53-61 Stability of post-treatment functioning after residential treatment: The perceptions of parents and adolescents
by Nijhof, Karin S. & Otten, Roy & Vermaes, Ignace P.R.
- 62-69 Results from a family finding experiment
by Landsman, Miriam J. & Boel-Studt, Shamra & Malone, Kelli
- 70-80 Foster parenting together: Assessing foster parent applicant couples
by Combs-Orme, Terri & Orme, John G.
- 81-89 Influencing factors on mothers' parenting style of young children at risk for developmental delay in South Korea: The mediating effects of parenting stress
by Nam, SungHee & Chun, JongSerl
- 90-100 Juvenile court pathways to legal permanence for children in substitute care
by Zinn, Andrew & Cusick, Gretchen
- 101-114 Is it that we are afraid to ask? A scoping review about sons and daughters of foster parents
by Serbinski, Sarah & Shlonsky, Aron
- 115-123 The needs and experiences of young people with a disability transitioning from out-of-home care: The views of practitioners in Victoria, Australia
by Mendes, Philip & Snow, Pamela
- 124-132 Foster parenting together: Foster parent couples
by Orme, John G. & Combs-Orme, Terri
- 133-140 Cyberbullying perpetration and victimization among adolescents in Hong Kong
by Wong, Dennis S.W. & Chan, Heng Choon (Oliver) & Cheng, Christopher H.K.
- 143-149 Motivation for foster care
by De Maeyer, Skrallan & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Robberechts, Marijke & Van Holen, Frank
- 150-154 Environmental risk factors and custody status in children of substance abusers
by Kyzer, Angela & Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & McKelvey, Lorraine
- 155-162 Implementing evidence-supported methods in residential care and special education: A process-model
by Soenen, Bram & D'Oosterlinck, Franky & Broekaert, Eric
- 163-169 Social and familial determinants of health: Mediating effects of caregiver mental and physical health on children's mental health
by Quinn, Adam & Briggs, Harold E. & Miller, Keva M. & Orellana, E. Roberto
- 170-178 From assessing needs to designing and evaluating programs: Case study of a family support program in Portugal
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Graça, João & Patrício, Joana Nunes
- 179-186 A cross-sectional examination of birth rates among adolescent girls in foster care
by King, Bryn & Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Cederbaum, Julie A. & Needell, Barbara
- 187-194 Student and school factors associated with school suspension: A multilevel analysis of students in Victoria, Australia and Washington State, United States
by Hemphill, Sheryl A. & Plenty, Stephanie M. & Herrenkohl, Todd I. & Toumbourou, John W. & Catalano, Richard F.
- 195-200 Profile of children placed in out-of-home care: Association with permanency outcomes
by Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Sharrock, Patty & Armstrong, Mary I. & Strozier, Anne & Swanke, Jayme
- 201-205 Youth in out-of-home care: Relation of engagement in structured group activities with social and mental health measures
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Calais, Chante & Szilagyi, Moira & Baldwin, Constance & Jee, Sandra H.
- 206-212 Familism, substance abuse, and sexual risk among foster care alumni
by Maliszewski, Genevieve & Brown, Chris
- 213-219 Incremental net benefit of early intervention for preschool-aged children with emotional and behavioral problems in foster care
by Lynch, Frances L. & Dickerson, John F. & Saldana, Lisa & Fisher, Phillip A.
- 220-229 Former foster youth: Employment outcomes up to age 30
by Stewart, C. Joy & Kum, Hye-Chung & Barth, Richard P. & Duncan, Dean F.
- 230-240 Child care subsidies and child care choices: The moderating role of household structure
by Markowitz, Anna J. & Ryan, Rebecca M. & Johnson, Anna D.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 1901-1912 Peer violence in adolescent residential care: A qualitative examination of contextual and peer factors
by Sekol, Ivana
- 1913-1922 Post-adoption service need and access: Differences between international, kinship and non-kinship foster care
by Merritt, Darcey H. & Festinger, Trudy
- 1923-1932 Washington State's adoption of a child welfare practice model: An illustration of the Getting To Outcomes implementation framework
by Pipkin, Simon & Sterrett, Emma M. & Antle, Becky & Christensen, Dana N.
- 1933-1940 The moderating effect of substance abuse service accessibility on the relationship between child maltreatment and neighborhood alcohol availability
by Morton, Cory M.
- 1941-1945 ‘Nothing works’ in secure residential youth care?
by Souverein, F.A. & Van der Helm, G.H.P. & Stams, G.J.J.M.
- 1946-1953 “It's hard enough to deal with all the abuse issues”: Child welfare workers' experiences with intimate partner violence on their caseloads
by Fusco, Rachel A.
- 1954-1961 Alcohol and drug abuse among young adults who grew up in substitute care — Findings from a Swedish national cohort study
by von Borczyskowski, Annika & Vinnerljung, Bo & Hjern, Anders
- 1962-1969 Racial disparity in risk factors for substantiation of child maltreatment
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 1970-1978 A learning collaborative approach to training school-based health providers in evidence-based mental health treatment
by Stephan, Sharon H. & Connors, Elizabeth H. & Arora, Prerna & Brey, Laura
- 1979-1987 Managing moods and parenting: Perspectives of former system youth who struggle with emotional challenges
by Narendorf, Sarah Carter & Munson, Michelle R. & Levingston, Fredreka
- 1988-1992 Randomized trial of Promoting First Relationships: Effects on maltreated toddlers' separation distress and sleep regulation after reunification
by Oxford, Monica L. & Fleming, Charles B. & Nelson, Elizabeth M. & Kelly, Jean F. & Spieker, Susan J.
- 1993-2002 Factor analyzing the “ASK” cultural competency self-assessment scale for child protective services
by Leung, Patrick & Cheung, Monit
- 2003-2012 Advancing case manager motivation in child welfare: Job control's curvilinear relationship and instrumental feedback's moderating influence
by Preston, Mark S.
- 2013-2019 Organizational change: The role of climate and job satisfaction in child welfare workers' perception of readiness for change
by Claiborne, Nancy & Auerbach, Charles & Lawrence, Catherine & Schudrich, Wendy Zeitlin
- 2020-2030 The effects of parental involvement on academic performance of Ghanaian youth: Testing measurement and relationships using structural equation modeling
by Chowa, Gina A.N. & Masa, Rainier D. & Tucker, Jenna
- 2031-2039 Placement of children in out-of-home care in Québec, Canada: When and for whom initial out-of-home placement is most likely to occur
by Esposito, Tonino & Trocmé, Nico & Chabot, Martin & Shlonsky, Aron & Collin-Vézina, Delphine & Sinha, Vandna
- 2040-2048 Comparison of hope of maltreating parents whose children were removed from home with those whose children were kept at home
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Aram-Fichman, Reut & Bashan-Paz, Michal & Gingis, Raya & Klein-Katz, Tali
- 2049-2058 A case study of the effects of privatization of child welfare on services for children and families: The Nebraska experience
by Hubel, Grace S. & Schreier, Alayna & Hansen, David J. & Wilcox, Brian L.
- 2059-2071 Young people's experience of social support during the process of leaving care: A review of the literature
by Hiles, Dominic & Moss, Duncan & Wright, John & Dallos, Rudi
- 2072-2079 Grandmas' hands rocked the cradle
by Harris, Deneen M.
- 2080-2090 Substantiating neglect of first nations and non-aboriginal children
by Sinha, Vandna & Ellenbogen, Stephen & Trocmé, Nico
- 2091-2100 Agreement among students', teachers', and parents' perceptions of victimization by bullying
by Demaray, Michelle K. & Malecki, Christine K. & Secord, Stephanie M. & Lyell, Kelly M.
- 2101-2109 Representation of children's views in court hearings about custody and parental visitations — A comparison between what children wanted and what the courts ruled
by Vis, Svein Arild & Fossum, Sturla
- 2110-2117 Voices of former foster youth: Supportive relationships in the transition to adulthood
by Singer, Erin Rebecca & Berzin, Stephanie Cosner & Hokanson, Kim
- 2118-2127 The relationship between parent immigration status and concrete support service use among Latinos in child welfare: Findings using the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAWII)
by Finno-Velasquez, Megan
- 2128-2134 24-month update on the impact of roundtables on permanency for youth in foster care
by Davis, Cynthia W. & O'Brien, Kirk & Rogg, Carla S. & Morgan, Linda Jewell & White, Catherine Roller & Houston, Millicent
- 2135-2139 Psychometric testing of the Chinese version of ISPCAN Child Abuse Screening Tools Children's Home Version (ICAST-CH-C)
by Chang, Hsin-Yi & Lin, Chiao-Li & Chang, Yi-Ting & Tsai, Meng-Chu & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 2140-2146 The use of sociograms to explore collaboration in child protection conferences
by Appleton, Jane V. & Terlektsi, Emmanouela & Coombes, Lindsey
- 2147-2153 The quality of evaluations of foster parent training: An empirical review
by Festinger, Trudy & Baker, Amy J.L.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1795-1800 National certification for child and youth workers: Does it make a difference?
by Curry, Dale & Eckles, Frank & Stuart, Carol & Schneider-Muñoz, Andrew J. & Qaqish, Basil
- 1801-1808 Reaching everyone: Promoting the inclusion of youth with disabilities in evaluating foster care outcomes
by Blakeslee, Jennifer E. & Del Quest, A. & Powers, Jennifer & Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Nelson, May & Dalton, Lawrence D. & McHugh, Elizabeth
- 1809-1815 Inadequate housing and the child protection system response
by Font, Sarah A. & Warren, Emily J.
- 1816-1822 Have child maltreatment and child placement rates declined?
by Pelton, Leroy H.
- 1823-1829 Online programs as tools to improve parenting: A meta-analytic review
by Nieuwboer, Christa C. & Fukkink, Ruben G. & Hermanns, Jo M.A.
- 1830-1835 Trauma-informed care training in a child welfare system: Moving it to the front line
by Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & Kramer, Teresa L. & Sigel, Benjamin A. & Helpenstill, Kathy & Sievers, Chad & McKelvey, Lorraine
- 1836-1842 Enough is enough: Grandmother caregivers' strategies for mitigating out-of-school suspensions for African–American youth
by Gibson, Priscilla A. & McGlynn, Cara
- 1843-1853 The surprisingly weak evidence base for supervision: Findings from a systematic review of research in child welfare practice (2000–2012)
by Carpenter, John & Webb, Caroline M. & Bostock, Lisa
- 1854-1861 Individual differences in referral for help for severe emotional difficulties in adolescence
by Slone, Michelle & Meir, Yael & Tarrasch, Ricardo
- 1862-1870 Systemic differences in views on risk: A comparative case vignette study of risk assessment in England, Norway and the United States (California)
by Križ, Katrin & Skivenes, Marit
- 1871-1877 Reducing turnover is not enough: The need for proficient organizational cultures to support positive youth outcomes in child welfare
by Williams, Nathaniel J. & Glisson, Charles
- 1878-1885 Child protection and out-of-home placement experiences of preschool children born to mothers enrolled in methadone maintenance treatment during pregnancy
by Lean, Rachel E. & Pritchard, Verena E. & Woodward, Lianne J.
- 1886-1893 Social needs of aboriginal foster parents
by Brown, Jason D. & Ivanova, Viktoria & Mehta, Nisha & Skrodzki, Donna & Gerrits, Julie
- 1894-1899 Four forms of youth civic engagement for diverse democracy
by Checkoway, Barry & Aldana, Adriana
2013, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1657-1669 Organizational tenure among child welfare workers, burnout, stress, and intent to leave: Does employment-based social capital make a difference?
by Boyas, Javier F. & Wind, Leslie H. & Ruiz, Erika
- 1670-1678 “At a moment, you could collapse”: Raising children with autism in the West Bank
by Dababnah, Sarah & Parish, Susan L.
- 1679-1686 Children removed from home by court order: Fathers' disenfranchised grief and reclamation of paternal functions
by Baum, Nehami & Negbi, Irit
- 1687-1697 Professional development opportunities as retention incentives in child welfare
by Clark, Sherrill J. & Smith, Richard J. & Uota, Kazumi
- 1698-1704 In a different mindset: Critical youth work with marginalized youth
by Lavie-Ajayi, Maya & Krumer-Nevo, Michal
- 1705-1711 The subjective well-being of young people aging out of care
by Dinisman, Tamar & Zeira, Anat & Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1712-1718 Recent changes in the child welfare system: One state's experience
by Armstrong, Mary I. & Swanke, Jayme R. & Strozier, Anne & Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Sharrock, Patty J.
- 1719-1726 Family histories and multiple transitions among homeless young adults: Pathways to homelessness
by Tyler, Kimberly A. & Schmitz, Rachel M.
- 1727-1733 Looking beneath and in-between the hidden surfaces: a critical review of defining, measuring and contextualizing mental health service disparities in the child welfare system
by Garcia, Antonio R. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Snowden, Lonnie & Landsverk, John
- 1734-1741 Recruiting fathers to parenting programs: Advice from dads and fatherhood program providers
by Stahlschmidt, Mary Jo & Threlfall, Jennifer & Seay, Kristen D. & Lewis, Ericka M. & Kohl, Patricia L.
- 1742-1750 Parenting stress and parenting behavior among foster mothers of foster children with externalizing problems
by Vanschoonlandt, Femke & Vanderfaeillie, Johan & Van Holen, Frank & De Maeyer, Skrällan & Robberechts, Marijke
- 1751-1759 Fathers' involvement with the Child Welfare Service
by Storhaug, Anita Skårstad
- 1760-1765 Pregnancy risk among older youth transitioning out of foster care
by Matta Oshima, Karen M. & Narendorf, Sarah Carter & McMillen, J. Curtis
- 1766-1772 Can children and young people be empowered in participatory initiatives?: Perspectives from young people's participation in policy formulation and implementation in Ghana
by Adu-Gyamfi, Jones
- 1773-1779 Concurrent reductions in psychotropic medication, assault, and physical restraint in two residential treatment programs for youth
by Bellonci, Christopher & Huefner, Jonathan C. & Griffith, Annette K. & Vogel-Rosen, Georgi & Smith, Gail L. & Preston, Scott
- 1780-1788 An item response theory investigation of the Family Assessment Form
by Franke, Todd M. & Christie, Christina A. & Ho, Jennifer & Du, Lingyun
- 1789-1793 Public child welfare workers' perception of efficacy relative to multicultural awareness, knowledge and skills
by Williams, Sharon E. & Nichols, Quienton L. & Williams, Nadia L.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1159-1165 Place, power, and possibility: Remaking social work with children and youth
by Finn, Janet L. & Nybell, Lynn M. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 1166-1173 Judging childhood
by Finn, Janet L.
- 1174-1181 Providing new opportunities or reinforcing old stereotypes? Perceptions and experiences of single-sex public education
by Goodkind, Sara & Schelbe, Lisa & Joseph, Andrea A. & Beers, Daphne E. & Pinsky, Stephanie L.
- 1182-1188 Violent children and structural violence: Re-signaling ‘RAD Kids’ to inform the social work professions
by Stryker, Rachael
- 1189-1196 Rethinking youth voice and institutional power: Reflections from inside a service learning partnership in a California juvenile hall
by Tilton, Jennifer
- 1197-1205 Dissolving borders: Reframing risk, delinquent peers, and youth violence
by Lustig, Deborah Freedman & Sung, Kenzo K.
- 1206-1211 Promoting youth voice in Indian country
by Caringi, James C. & Klika, Bart & Zimmerman, Marilyn & Trautman, Ashley & van den Pol, Rick
- 1212-1218 Between badness and sickness: Reconsidering medicalization for high risk children and youth
by Bosk, Emily Adlin
- 1219-1226 Negotiating narratives surrounding children's mental health diagnoses: Children and their contribution to the discourse
by Bringewatt, Elizabeth H.
- 1227-1235 Locating “youth voice:” Considering the contexts of speaking in foster care
by Nybell, Lynn M.
- 1236-1244 Juvenile or adult? Negotiating and contesting childhood in the courtroom
by Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 1245-1251 Framing “at risk” students: Struggles at the boundaries of access to higher education
by Gray, Sylvia Sims
- 1252-1259 Deservingness, children in poverty, and collective well being
by Cousins, Linwood H.
- 1260-1267 For the public good: Urban youth advocacy and the fight for public education
by Ramey, Jessie B.
- 1268-1275 Building a youth-led movement to keep young people out of the adult criminal justice system
by Ford, Recco & Hershberger, Shawna & Glenn, Joshua & Morris, Sarah & Saez, Victor & Togba, Francis & Watson, Joshua & Williams, Romeeka
- 1276-1283 “Well, if you can't smile you should go home!” Experiences and reflective insights on providing outreach to young sex trade workers
by Saldanha, Kennedy & Parenteau, Derek
- 1284-1290 Navigating “illegality”: Undocumented youth & oppositional consciousness
by Negrón-Gonzales, Genevieve
- 1291-1296 What constitutes youth organizing? Exploring the role of conservative contexts in understanding practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Juras, Jennifer & Young, Sarah R. & Timmermans, Rebecca J.
2013, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1041-1047 Childhood maltreatment and motivation for treatment in girls in compulsory residential care
by Leenarts, Laura E.W. & Hoeve, Machteld & Van de Ven, Peter M. & Lodewijks, Henny P.B. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H.
- 1050-1054 Mental health service utilization in children adopted from US foster care, US private agencies and foreign countries: Data from the 2007 National Survey of Adoption Parents (NSAP)
by Tan, Tony Xing & Marn, Travis
- 1055-1070 Fathers as ‘core business’ in child welfare practice and research: An interdisciplinary review
by Zanoni, Lee & Warburton, Wayne & Bussey, Kay & McMaugh, Anne
- 1071-1077 Sibling relationships and internalizing symptoms of youth in foster care
by Wojciak, Armeda Stevenson & McWey, Lenore M. & Helfrich, Christine M.
- 1078-1086 Family assets, postsecondary education, and students with disabilities: Building on progress and overcoming challenges
by Cheatham, Gregory A. & Smith, Sean J. & Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri
- 1087-1094 Placement disruption in long-term kinship and nonkinship foster care
by Holtan, Amy & Handegård, Bjørn Helge & Thørnblad, Renee & Vis, Svein Arild
- 1095-1100 Friendship in children with internalizing and externalizing problems: A preliminary investigation with the Pictorial Assessment of Interpersonal Relationships
by Laghi, Fiorenzo & Baiocco, Roberto & Cannoni, Eleonora & Di Norcia, Anna & Baumgartner, Emma & Bombi, Anna Silvia
- 1101-1109 South African social workers' knowledge of attachment theory and their perceptions of attachment relationships in foster care supervision
by Lesch, E. & Deist, M. & Booysen, L. & Edwards, E.
- 1110-1117 Friends with benefits or “friends” with deficits? The meaning and contexts of uncommitted sexual relationships among Mexican American and European American adolescents
by Williams, Lela Rankin & Adams, Heidi L.
- 1119-1129 Estimating the effects of Head Start on parenting and child maltreatment
by Zhai, Fuhua & Waldfogel, Jane & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 1130-1142 Child welfare and the challenge of causal inference
by Foster, E. Michael & McCombs-Thornton, Kimberly
- 1143-1151 Causal effects of foster care: An instrumental-variables approach
by Doyle, Joseph J.
- 1152-1157 Evaluating situations in child welfare: From tools to workgroups
by Boutanquoi, Michel & Bournel-Bosson, Maryse & Minary, Jean-Pierre
2013, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 923-929 Emerging adulthood among former system youth: The ideal versus the real
by Munson, Michelle R. & Lee, Bethany R. & Miller, David & Cole, Andrea & Nedelcu, Cristina
- 930-936 Biogenetic and functional frameworks for the assignment of parentage by the courts: Implications for foster caregivers
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Yoshioka-Maxwell, Amanda
- 937-949 Adult resilience among maltreated children: A prospective investigation of main effect and mediating models
by Topitzes, James & Mersky, Joshua P. & Dezen, Kristin A. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 950-959 The independent effects of socio-demographic and programmatic factors on economic strain among parents in a Child Savings Accounts program
by Okech, David
- 960-965 Patterns and correlates of adolescent weight change in residential care
by Nelson, Timothy D. & Van Dyk, Tori R. & Lundahl, Alyssa & Huefner, Jonathan & Thompson, Ronald W. & Epstein, Michael H.
- 966-972 A population-based inquiry of homeless episode characteristics and early educational well-being
by Fantuzzo, John & LeBoeuf, Whitney & Brumley, Benjamin & Perlman, Staci
- 973-983 Analyzing sub-population profiles and risk factors for school bullying
by Lawson, Michael A. & Alameda-Lawson, Tania & Downer, Jenai & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 984-993 Can we trust parental reports of child care subsidy receipt?
by Johnson, Anna D. & Herbst, Chris M.
- 994-1006 Connections with banking institutions and diverse asset portfolios in young adulthood: Children as potential future investors
by Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William
- 1007-1014 Recollections of harsh discipline in childhood and depressive feelings in adulthood: The roles of culture and gender
by Davidov, Maayan & Khoury-Kassabri, Mona
- 1015-1022 Child-centered approach in the context of the assessment of children in need: Reflections of child protection workers in Estonia
by Toros, Karmen & Tiko, Anne & Saia, Koidu
- 1023-1029 Statewide dissemination of trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
by Sigel, Benjamin A. & Kramer, Teresa L. & Conners-Burrow, Nicola A. & Church, Janice K. & Worley, Karen B. & Mitrani, Nicholas A.
- 1030-1040 Assigning volunteer tasks: The relation between task preferences and functional motives of youth volunteers
by Willems, Jurgen & Walk, Marlene
2013, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 743-752 Juvenile life without the possibility of parole: Constitutional but complicated
by Mallett, Christopher A.
- 753-761 Typologies of substance use and illegal behaviors: A comparison of emerging adults with histories of foster care and the general population
by Snyder, Susan M. & Medeiros, Rose Anne
- 762-770 “It is difficult to be here with my sister but intolerable to be without her”: Intact sibling placement in residential care
by Leichtentritt, Judy
- 771-779 The Brief Assessment Checklists (BAC-C, BAC-A): Mental health screening measures for school-aged children and adolescents in foster, kinship, residential and adoptive care
by Tarren-Sweeney, Michael
- 780-786 Economic abuse, physical violence, and union formation
by Huang, Chien-Chung & Postmus, Judy L. & Vikse, Juliann H. & Wang, Lih-Rong
- 787-796 Implementing a case management initiative in high-need schools
by Wells, Rebecca & Gifford, Elizabeth J.
- 797-805 Children with disabilities in out-of-home care: Perspectives on organisational collaborations
by Ziviani, Jenny & Darlington, Yvonne & Feeney, Rachel & Meredith, Pamela & Head, Brian
- 806-815 Substance use among adolescent mothers: A review
by Carroll Chapman, Shawna L. & Wu, Li-Tzy
- 816-825 Preschool attendance and school-age profiles: A revision
by Borraz, Fernando & Cid, Alejandro
- 826-833 The relationship of placement experience to school absenteeism and changing schools in young, school-aged children in foster care
by Zorc, Catherine S. & O'Reilly, Amanda L.R. & Matone, Meredith & Long, Jin & Watts, Caroline L. & Rubin, David
- 834-836 Preventing hepatitis C virus transmission among young people in the justice system
by Lenton, Emily & White, Bethany & Aitken, Campbell & Hellard, Margaret & Higgs, Peter
- 837-847 The role of parental work schedule in CPS involvement
by Han, Wen-Jui & Huang, Chien-Chung & Williams, Margaret
- 848-855 School as haven: Transforming school environments into welcoming learning communities
by Bryant, Virletta C. & Shdaimah, Corey & Sander, Rebecca L. & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
- 856-864 Academic engagement and performance: Estimating the impact of out-of-home care for maltreated children
by Font, Sarah & Maguire-Jack, Kathryn
- 865-870 Communicative competence and the facilitating and perturbing factors in the socialisation of immigrant students
by Moreno-Manso, Juan Manuel & Godoy-Merino, Ma José & Suárez-Muñoz, Ángel & García-Baamonde, Ma Elena
- 871-876 Is program structure related to stigma and community acceptance of justice-involved adolescents?
by Schwalbe, Craig S. & Ibrahim, Rawan W. & Brewer, Kathryne B. & MacKenzie, Michael J. & Gearing, Robin E.
- 877-882 “Draw me everything that happened to you”: Exploring children's drawings of sexual abuse
by Katz, Carmit & Hamama, Liat
- 883-889 Didn't we just see you? Time to recurrence among frequently encountered families in CPS
by Zhang, Saijun & Fuller, Tamara & Nieto, Martin
- 890-898 Program features and developmental experiences at a camp for youth with cancer
by Gillard, Ann & Watts, Clifton E.
- 899-907 Doing time, filling time: Bureaucratic ritualism as a systemic barrier to youth reentry
by Fader, Jamie J. & Dum, Christopher P.
- 908-915 Sources of parenting support in early fatherhood: Perspectives of United States Air Force members
by Lee, Shawna J. & Neugut, Tova B. & Rosenblum, Katherine L. & Tolman, Richard M. & Travis, Wendy J. & Walker, Margaret H.