Children and Youth Services Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:cysrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2011, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 1426-1434 Dosage matters: The relationship between participation in the Nurturing Parenting Program for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and subsequent child maltreatment
by Maher, Erin J. & Marcynyszyn, Lyscha A. & Corwin, Tyler W. & Hodnett, Rhenda
- 1435-1444 Prevention of child maltreatment in high-risk rural families: A randomized clinical trial with child welfare outcomes
by Silovsky, Jane F. & Bard, David & Chaffin, Mark & Hecht, Debra & Burris, Lorena & Owora, Arthur & Beasley, Lana & Doughty, Debbie & Lutzker, John
- 1445-1453 Crisis nursery effects on child placement after foster care
by Cole, Susan A. & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 1454-1463 Maltreatment prevention through early childhood intervention: A confirmatory evaluation of the Chicago Child-Parent Center preschool program
by Mersky, Joshua P. & Topitzes, James D. & Reynolds, Arthur J.
- 1464-1468 Infants/toddlers in child welfare: What have we learned and where do we go from here?
by Harden, Brenda Jones & Klein, Sacha
2011, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 1049-1057 The impact of maternal education on children's enrollment in early childhood education and care
by Greenberg, Joy Pastan
- 1058-1066 Child maltreatment in South Korea: An ecological systems analysis
by Hong, Jun Sung & Lee, Na Youn & Park, Hye Joon & Faller, Kathleen Coulborn
- 1067-1071 Bring back orphanages--An alternative to foster care?
by Allen, Barton S. & Vacca, James S.
- 1072-1083 Who uses child care subsidies? Comparing recipients to eligible non-recipients on family background characteristics and child care preferences
by Johnson, Anna D. & Martin, Anne & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 1084-1089 "They're not my favourite people": What mothers who have experienced intimate partner violence say about involvement in the child protection system
by Hughes, Judy & Chau, Shirley & Poff, Deborah C.
- 1090-1100 Lives in motion: A review of former foster youth in the context of their experiences in the child welfare system
by Havlicek, Judy
- 1101-1111 The age old question, which comes first? A simultaneous test of children's savings and children's college-bound identity
by Elliott, William & Choi, Eun Hee & Destin, Mesmin & Kim, Kevin H.
- 1112-1119 Do employment and type of exit influence child maltreatment among families leaving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families?
by Beimers, David & Coulton, Claudia J.
- 1120-1126 Alcohol and tobacco use among South Korean adolescents: An ecological review of the literature
by Hong, Jun Sung & Lee, Na Youn & Grogan-Kaylor, Andrew & Huang, Hui
- 1127-1133 Individual and relationship factors associated with delinquency among throwaway adolescents
by Montgomery, Katherine L. & Thompson, Sanna J. & Barczyk, Amanda N.
- 1134-1141 Future expectations of adolescents in residential care in Israel
by Sulimani-Aidan, Yafit & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1142-1148 Maltreatment of children with developmental disabilities: An ecological systems analysis
by Algood, Carl L. & Hong, Jun Sung & Gourdine, Ruby M. & Williams, Abigail B.
- 1149-1158 Worker time and the cost of stability
by Tregeagle, Susan & Cox, Elizabeth & Forbes, Catherine & Humphreys, Cathy & O'Neill, Cas
- 1159-1165 Child care policy: A need for greater advocacy
by Palley, Elizabeth & Shdaimah, Corey
- 1166-1172 Examining the need for cultural adaptations to an evidence-based parent training program targeting the prevention of child maltreatment
by Self-Brown, Shannon & Frederick, Kim & Binder, Sue & Whitaker, Daniel & Lutzker, John & Edwards, Anna & Blankenship, Jaimi
- 1173-1180 Increasing college access for youth aging out of foster care: Evaluation of a summer camp program for foster youth transitioning from high school to college
by Kirk, Rosalind & Day, Angelique
- 1181-1188 Public attitudes toward child maltreatment in Israel: Implications for policy
by Schmid, Hillel & Benbenishty, Rami
- 1189-1195 Asian adolescent and young adult adoptees' psychological well-being: Examining the mediating role of marginality
by Mohanty, Jayashree & Newhill, Christina E.
- 1196-1202 Reflections on the enactment of children's participation rights through research: Between transactional and relational spaces
by Nolas, Sevasti-Melissa
- 1203-1211 Effects of federal programs on children: Absolute poverty, relative poverty, and income inequality
by Joo, Myungkook
- 1212-1216 New roles for families in child welfare: Strategies for expanding family involvement beyond the case level
by Williamson, Erin & Gray, Aracelis
- 1217-1223 The situated self and the negotiation of a "bad" identity in therapeutic foster care
by S. McKinney, Jason
- 1224-1233 "Try to make it seem like we're regular kids": Youth perceptions of restrictiveness in out-of-home care
by Rauktis, Mary E. & Fusco, Rachael A. & Cahalane, Helen & Bennett, Ivory Kierston & Reinhart, Shauna M.
- 1234-1244 Racial/ethnic disparity in child welfare systems: A longitudinal study utilizing the Disparity Index (DI)
by Kim, Hansung & Chenot, David & Ji, Juye
- 1245-1253 Foster children placed with or separated from siblings: Outcomes based on a national sample
by Hegar, Rebecca L. & Rosenthal, James A.
- 1254-1261 Using Parent-Child Interaction Therapy to develop a pre-parent education module
by Lee, Ember L. & Wilsie, Carisa C. & Brestan-Knight, Elizabeth
- 1262-1269 Examining the trajectories of children providing care for adults in rural Kenya: Implications for service delivery
by Skovdal, Morten
- 1270-1279 Use of a parent management training intervention with urban foster parents: A pilot study
by Leathers, Sonya J. & Spielfogel, Jill E. & McMeel, Lorri S. & Atkins, Marc S.
- 1280-1287 Are economic trends associated with child maltreatment? Preliminary results from the recent recession using state level data
by Millett, Lina & Lanier, Paul & Drake, Brett
- 1288-1297 Adult visitation and permanency for children following residential treatment
by Lee, Linda J.
- 1298-1308 Center-based childcare use by Hispanic families: Reasons and predictors
by Yesil-Dagli, Ummuhan
- 1309-1317 Predictors of late adolescent delinquency: The protective role of after-school activities in low-income families
by Mahatmya, Duhita & Lohman, Brenda
- 1318-1324 Using portable computers in home visits: Effects on programs, data quality, home visitors and caregivers
by O'Connor, Cailin & Laszewski, Audrey & Hammel, Jennifer & Durkin, Maureen S.
- 1325-1331 Design of a language stimulation program for children suffering abuse
by Manso, Juan Manuel Moreno & García-Baamonde, Mª. Elena & Alonso, Macarena Blázquez
2011, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 791-797 The outcome of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy among foster care adolescents: The changes of behavior and perceived somatic and cognitive difficulties
by Cepukiene, Viktorija & Pakrosnis, Rytis
- 798-803 Moving toward being analytical: A framework to evaluate the impact of influential factors on interagency collaboration
by Tseng, Shu hsien & Liu, Kae & Wang, Wen-Ling
- 804-809 Availability of treatment to youth offenders: Comparison of public versus private programs from a national census
by Yazzie, Rebecca A.
- 810-819 Person centered planning in a transition program for Bronx youth with disabilities
by Croke, Erin E. & Thompson, Ashleigh B.
- 820-828 Patterns and correlates of involuntary unemployment and underemployment in single-mother families
by Wu, Chi-Fang & Eamon, Mary Keegan
- 829-837 School connectedness in community and residential treatment schools: The influence of gender, grades, and engagement in treatment
by Nickerson, Amanda B. & Hopson, Laura M. & Steinke, Camela M.
- 838-845 Social skills training and parent education programs for aggressive preschoolers and their parents in South Korea
by Kim, Min-Jung & Doh, Hyun-Sim & Hong, Jun Sung & Choi, Mi-Kyung
- 846-854 Assets and liabilities, educational expectations, and children's college degree attainment
by Zhan, Min & Sherraden, Michael
- 855-860 Allegations of maltreatment and delinquency: Does risk of juvenile arrest vary substantiation status?
by Chiu, Yu-Ling & Ryan, Joseph P. & Herz, Denise C.
- 861-868 The social ecology of the Columbine High School shootings
by Hong, Jun Sung & Cho, Hyunkag & Allen-Meares, Paula & Espelage, Dorothy L.
- 869-877 Principals' perceptions of benefits and barriers to school-based suicide prevention programs
by Whitney, Stephen D. & Renner, Lynette M. & Pate, Christina M. & Jacobs, Katie A.
- 878-887 "Delinquent behaviour as a kind of body politics" against adult regulations -- Young people's discourses in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin
- 888-893 Theoretical adherence to family centered practice: Are strengths-based principles illustrated in families' descriptions of child welfare services?
by Lietz, Cynthia A.
- 894-900 The crucial role played by social outrage in efforts to reform child protective services
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J.
- 901-909 Children in therapy: Learning from evaluation of university-based community counseling clinical services
by Tsai, Mei-Hsiang & Ray, Dee C.
- 910-917 Gentle iron will: Foster parents' perspectives
by Daniel, Ellice
- 918-926 Aggression and conduct disorder in former Soviet Union immigrant adolescents: The role of parenting style and ego identity
by Finzi-Dottan, Ricky & Bilu, Rinat & Golubchik, Pavel
- 927-935 Parental involvement in school: A test of Hoover-Dempsey and Sandler's model among Jewish and Arab parents in Israel
by Lavenda, Osnat
- 936-944 Child maltreatment dynamics among immigrant and U.S. born Latino children: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW)
by Dettlaff, Alan J. & Johnson, Michelle A.
- 945-954 The impacts of accessible child protection services on services, jobs, and families
by Cameron, Gary & Hazineh, Lirondel & Frensch, Karen & Freymond, Nancy & Preyde, Michèle & Gebotys, Bob & DeGeer, Ian & Quosai, Trudy Smit
- 955-962 How parents decide to participate and save in their children's asset-building accounts: Implications for practice, policy, and theory
by Wheeler-Brooks, Jennifer
- 963-968 The relationship between extracurricular activities and delinquency of adolescents in foster care
by Farineau, Heather M. & McWey, Lenore M.
- 969-979 Do parental assets matter for children's educational attainment?: Evidence from mediation tests
by Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael
- 980-990 The presence of IPV in foster care cases: Examining referrals for services, reunification goals, and system responsibility
by Renner, Lynette M.
- 991-998 The role of crisis in family crisis intervention: Do crisis experience and crisis change matter?
by Al, Channa M.W. & Stams, Geert Jan J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Asscher, Jessica J.
- 999-1011 Predictors of foster care exits to permanency: A competing risks analysis of reunification, guardianship, and adoption
by Akin, Becci A.
- 1012-1023 Qualitative exploration of relationships with important non-parental adults in the lives of youth in foster care
by Ahrens, Kym R. & DuBois, David Lane & Garrison, Michelle & Spencer, Renee & Richardson, Laura P. & Lozano, Paula
- 1024-1030 Intergenerational families in child welfare: Assessing needs and estimating permanency
by Marshall, Jane Marie & Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 1031-1038 Criteria for the selection of foster families and monitoring of placements.: Comparative study of the application of the Casey Foster Applicant Inventory-Applicant Version (CFAI-A)
by Delgado, Paulo & Pinto, Vânia S.
- 1039-1048 Why youth leave care: Understandings of adulthood and transition successes and challenges among youth aging out of child welfare
by Goodkind, Sara & Schelbe, Lisa A. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 569-574 Comparison of treatment response among GLB and non-GLB street-living youth
by Grafsky, Erika L. & Letcher, Amber & Slesnick, Natasha & Serovich, Julianne M.
- 575-587 Children's exposure to paternal imprisonment: Incidence, evolution, and correlates among young nonmarital children
by Chung, Yiyoon
- 588-597 How do economic downturns affect welfare leavers? A comparison of two cohorts
by Kwon, Hyeok Chang & Meyer, Daniel R.
- 598-604 Disentangling system contact and services: A key pathway to evidence-based children's policy
by Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 605-611 Our perverse reliance on prescribed standardized processes as proxies for quality in Ontario Children's Aid Societies: Towards the establishment of direct service and outcomes standards
by Lemay, Raymond A.
- 612-621 Reflections on citizen-state child welfare partnerships: Listening to citizen review panel volunteers and agency liaisons
by Bryan, Valerie & Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Jones, Blake
- 622-633 Successful adoption and implementation of a comprehensive casework practice model in a public child welfare agency: Application of the Getting to Outcomes (GTO) model
by Barbee, Anita P. & Christensen, Dana & Antle, Becky & Wandersman, Abraham & Cahn, Katharine
- 634-643 Non-income effects of welfare receipt on early childhood cognitive scores
by Heflin, Colleen M. & Acevedo, Sharon Kukla
- 644-650 Social supports preferred by the teachers when facing school violence
by Türküm, Ayse Sibel
- 651-655 Peer contagion among youth in Medicaid-funded residential mental health treatment programs
by Robst, John & Armstrong, Mary & Dollard, Norin
- 656-662 Vulnerability to violence of girls of the street in Mauritania
by Ballet, Jérôme & Sirven, Nicolas & Bhukuth, Augendra & Rousseau, Sophie
- 663-668 Marital conflict and adolescent outcomes: A cross-ethnic group comparison of Latino and European American youth
by Stutzman, Stephen V. & Bean, Roy A. & Miller, Richard B. & Day, Randall D. & Feinauer, Leslie L. & Porter, Chris L. & Moore, Adam
- 669-677 Substance abuse among Asian American youth: An ecological review of the literature
by Hong, Jun Sung & Huang, Hui & Sabri, Bushra & Kim, Johnny S.
- 678-688 Long-term implications of welfare reform for the development of adolescents and young adults
by Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay & Cherlin, Andrew J. & Guttmannova, Katarina & Fomby, Paula & Ribar, David C. & Coley, Rebekah Levine
- 689-697 Aligning theory with practice: Understanding school-family partnerships at an inner-city high school
by Williams, Terrinieka T. & Sánchez, Bernadette & Hunnell, Jessica
- 698-704 Fathers' involvement and child behavior problems in poor African American single-mother families
by Choi, Jeong-Kyun & Jackson, Aurora P.
- 705-714 Foster care reunification: An exploration of non-linear hierarchical modeling
by Putnam-Hornstein, Emily & Shaw, Terry V.
- 715-722 Unmet needs in addressing child neglect: Should we go back to the drawing board?
by Hearn, Jody
- 723-731 Community reinsertion success of street children programs in Brazil and Peru
by Harris, Melissa S. & Johnson, Knowlton & Young, Linda & Edwards, Jessica
- 732-740 Does teacher educational training help the early math skills of English language learners in Head Start?
by Kim, Sunha & Chang, Mido & Kim, Heejung
- 741-746 The feminization of social services: Implications for black male youth
by Hall, Ronald E.
- 747-757 Getting with the (evidence-based) program: An evaluation of the Incredible Years Parenting Training Program in child welfare
by Marcynyszyn, Lyscha A. & Maher, Erin J. & Corwin, Tyler W.
- 758-766 Adjustment of adolescent adoptees: The role of age of adoption and exposure to pre-adoption stressors
by Gleitman, Ilana & Savaya, Riki
- 767-773 Cultural diversity competencies in child and youth care services in Portugal: Development of two measures and a brief training program
by Moleiro, Carla & Marques, Susana & Pacheco, Pedro
- 774-782 How to integrate digital media into a drop-in for homeless young people for deepening relationships between youth and adults
by Hendry, David G. & Woelfer, Jill Palzkill & Harper, Rowena & Bauer, Tyler & Fitzer, Brynn & Champagne, Mike
- 783-789 Self-care among school-aged children of immigrants
by Greene, Kaylin M. & Hynes, Kathryn & Doyle, Emily A.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 487-489 Child inclusive research, policy and practice
by Fernandez, Elizabeth
- 490-495 Exploring issues of children as actors in social research
by Mason, Jan & Hood, Suzanne
- 496-501 Participation in decision-making in out-of-home care in Australia: What do young people say?
by Bessell, Sharon
- 502-508 Agency and structure in the life-world of Aboriginal children in Central Australia
by Eickelkamp, Ute
- 509-514 Children and young people as active agents in care-giving: Agency and constraint
by Smyth, Ciara & Cass, Bettina & Hill, Trish
- 515-520 Children's participation in family law decision-making: Theoretical approaches to understanding children's views
by Cashmore, Judy
- 521-527 Making choices in my life: Listening to the ideas and experiences of young people in the UK who communicate non-verbally
by Mitchell, Wendy & Sloper, Patricia
- 528-533 "When the money's low": Economic participation among disadvantaged young Australians
by Skattebol, Jen
- 534-540 Strengthening youth citizenship and social inclusion practice -- The Australian case: Towards rights based and inclusive practice in services for marginalized young people
by Wearing, Michael
- 541-547 Why not ask them? Mapping and promoting youth participation
by Head, Brian W.
- 548-556 Children's subjective well-being: International comparative perspectives
by Bradshaw, Jonathan & Keung, Antonia & Rees, Gwyther & Goswami, Haridhan
- 557-563 Experiences of children in armed conflict in Nepal
by Shakya, Anjana
- 564-568 Influencing international child labour policy: The potential and limits of children-centred research
by Bessell, Sharon
2011, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 419-423 Introduction to the Special Issue: Mothers of children in foster care
by Wells, Kathleen & Marcenko, Maureen O.
- 424-430 Family reunification in a social structural context
by Wulczyn, Fred & Chen, Lijun & Courtney, Mark
- 431-438 Mothers' experiences, resources and needs: The context for reunification
by Marcenko, Maureen O. & Lyons, Sandra J. & Courtney, Mark
- 439-447 A narrative analysis of one mother's story of child custody loss and regain
by Wells, Kathleen
- 448-456 Negotiating stigma: Understanding mothers' responses to accusations of child neglect
by Sykes, Jennifer
- 457-465 Interviewing parents of children in care: Perspectives, discourses and accountability
by Hall, Christopher & Slembrouck, Stef
- 466-472 Integrated substance abuse and child welfare services for women: A progress review
by Marsh, Jeanne C. & Smith, Brenda D. & Bruni, Maria
- 473-480 Toward relationship-based child welfare services
by Lawler, Michael J. & Shaver, Phillip R. & Goodman, Gail S.
- 481-485 Concluding commentary: Varied perspectives on child welfare
by Pelton, Leroy H.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 207-216 Evidence-based practice in real-world services for young people with complex needs: New opportunities suggested by recent implementation science
by Mitchell, Penelope F.
- 217-225 Kinship liaisons: A peer-to-peer approach to supporting kinship caregivers
by Denby, Ramona W.
- 226-232 Improving the measurement of child welfare in the context of intra-household inequality
by Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca
- 233-241 Effects of unemployment and underemployment on material hardship in single-mother families
by Eamon, Mary Keegan & Wu, Chi-Fang
- 242-253 Reducing racial disparities and disproportionalities in the child welfare system: Policy perspectives about how to serve the best interests of African American youth
by Anyon, Yolanda
- 254-264 Advice from teens to teens about dating: Implications for healthy relationships
by Adams, Heidi L. & Williams, Lela Rankin
- 265-273 Early screening for autism spectrum disorders: A primer for social work practice
by Dababnah, Sarah & Parish, Susan L. & Turner Brown, Lauren & Hooper, Stephen R.
- 274-283 The challenges of child welfare involvement for Afro-Caribbean families in Toronto
by Clarke, Jennifer
- 284-290 Are social networking sites a source of online harassment for teens? Evidence from survey data
by Sengupta, Anirban & Chaudhuri, Anoshua
- 291-300 Direct and modifying influences of selected risk factors on children's pre-adoption functioning and post-adoption adjustment
by Goldman, Gerri DeLong & Ryan, Scott D.
- 301-307 A preliminary evaluation: Demographic and clinical profiles and changes in functioning in children receiving psychosocial rehabilitation
by Kenaley, Bonnie L. Davis & Williams, Nathaniel J.
- 308-321 What works in group care? -- A structured review of treatment models for group homes and residential care
by James, Sigrid
- 322-329 Trying to come home: Substance exposed infants, mothers, and family reunification
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 330-339 Use of data to assess performance and promote outcome achievement by public and private child welfare agency staff
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Sullivan, Dana & Murphy, April
- 340-345 What is youth participation?
by Checkoway, Barry
- 346-350 Protective supervision: An inquiry into the relationship between child welfare and the court system
by Wattenberg, Esther & Troy, Kate & Beuch, Ann
- 351-357 Recruiting ethnic minority groups to evidence-based parent training. Who will come and how?
by Bjørknes, Ragnhild & Jakobsen, Reidar & Nærde, Ane
- 358-367 Job conditions, unmet expectations, and burnout in public child welfare workers: How different from other social workers?
by Kim, Hansung
- 368-375 Effective inter-agency collaboration to safeguard children: Rising to the challenge through collective development
by Horwath, Jan & Morrison, Tony
- 376-385 Meta-analysis of relationships between religiosity and constructive and destructive behaviors among adolescents
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yeung, Jerf Wai-keung
- 386-394 "I'm wondering if I am completely missing that": Foster care case managers and supervisors report on their IPV training
by Renner, Lynette M.
- 395-404 Foster youth and psychotropic treatment: Where next?
by Longhofer, Jeffrey & Floersch, Jerry & Okpych, Nate
- 405-415 Living arrangements and level of care among clients discharged from a scattered-site housing-based independent living program
by Kroner, Mark J. & Mares, Alvin S.
- 416-417 Erratum to "Factors associated with reunification: A longitudinal analysis of long-term foster care" Review 32 (2010) 1311-1316]
by Cheng, Tyrone C.
2011, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-15 Risk and protective factors for residential foster care adolescents
by Aguilar-Vafaie, Maria E. & Roshani, Mehrnoosh & Hassanabadi, Hamidreza & Masoudian, Zahra & Afruz, Gholam A.
- 16-20 NIS interpretations: Race and the National Incidence Studies of Child Abuse and Neglect
by Drake, Brett & Jonson-Reid, Melissa
- 21-27 Planned treatment and outcomes in residential youth care: Evidence from Sweden
by Lindqvist, Erik
- 28-33 The intersection of home study assessments and child specific recruitment: the performance of home studies in practice
by Crea, Thomas M. & Griffin, Amy & Barth, Richard P.
- 34-41 Youth volunteer service as positive youth development in Latin America and the Caribbean
by McBride, Amanda Moore & Johnson, Elizabeth & Olate, Rene & O'Hara, Kathleen
- 42-50 Resilience in parenting among young mothers: Family and ecological risks and opportunities
by Easterbrooks, M. Ann & Chaudhuri, Jana H. & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Copeman, Abby
- 51-58 Are nonprofit density and nonprofit expenditures related to youth deviance?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Freisthler, Bridget
- 59-65 Measuring the willingness to foster children with emotional and behavioral problems
by Cox, Mary Ellen & Cherry, Donna J. & Orme, John G.
- 66-77 Validity in an evaluation of Healthy Families Florida--A program to prevent child abuse and neglect
by Falconer, Mary Kay & Clark, M.H. & Parris, Don
- 78-85 Parental transfer of financial knowledge and later credit outcomes among low- and moderate-income homeowners
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Spader, Jonathan & Yeo, Yeong Hun & Taylor, Andréa & Books Freeze, Elizabeth
- 86-90 LoTTS parent-infant interaction coding scale: Ease of use and reliability in a sample of high-risk mothers and their infants
by Beatty, Jessica R. & Stacks, Ann M. & Partridge, Ty & Tzilos, Golfo K. & Loree, Amy & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 91-101 Long-term employment and earnings among low-income families with children
by Wu, Chi-Fang
- 102-109 The retention of public child welfare workers: The roles of professional organizational culture and coping strategies
by Lee, Joohee & Forster, Michael & Rehner, Tim
- 110-117 Health outcomes for adults in family foster care as children: An analysis by ethnicity
by Villegas, Susy & Rosenthal, James A. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter
- 118-125 Explaining the disparity in placement instability among African-American and white children in child welfare: A Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition
by Foster, E. Michael & Hillemeier, Marianne M. & Bai, Yu
- 126-133 'Like waking up in a Franz Kafka novel': Service users' experiences of the child protection system when domestic violence and acrimonious separations are involved
by Buckley, Helen & Whelan, Sadhbh & Carr, Nicola
- 134-138 Are case management services associated with increased utilization of adolescent mental health treatment?
by Bender, Kimberly & Kapp, Stephen & Hahn, Sur Ah
- 139-148 Protective factors among families with children at risk of maltreatment: Follow up to early school years
by Li, Fenfang & Godinet, Meripa T. & Arnsberger, Pam
- 149-156 Transferring training to child welfare practice: Individual and collective efforts
by Liu, Junqing & Smith, Brenda D.
- 157-160 A recent look at the factors influencing workforce retention in public child welfare
by Williams, Sharon E. & Nichols, Quienton l. & Kirk, Alan & Wilson, Takeisha
- 161-166 Perceived stigma and depression among black adolescents in outpatient treatment
by Rose, Theda & Joe, Sean & Lindsey, Michael
- 167-172 Rock Up: An initiative supporting students' wellbeing in their transition to secondary school
by Carmen, Brenda & Waycott, Louise & Smith, Ken
- 173-179 Healthy relationship education for dating violence prevention among high-risk youth
by Antle, Becky F. & Sullivan, Dana J. & Dryden, Althea & Karam, Eli A. & Barbee, Anita P.
- 180-186 "I haven't done nothin' crazy lately:" Conflict resolution strategies in adolescent mothers' dating relationships
by Toews, Michelle L. & Yazedjian, Ani & Jorgensen, Denise
- 187-194 The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal on First Nations Child Welfare: Why if Canada wins, equality and justice lose
by Blackstock, Cindy
- 195-203 Judicial bias in adjudicating the adoption of minors in Israel
by Ben-David, Vered
- 204-205 Fostering accountability: Using evidence to guide and improve child welfare policy, M.F. Testa, J. Poertner (Eds.), Oxford University Press, 2010
by Mienko, Joseph A.
2010, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1623-1630 Wife battering in South Korea: An ecological systems analysis
by Hong, Jun Sung & Kim, Seon Mi & Yoshihama, Mieko & Byoun, Soo-Jung
- 1631-1639 Kin adopting kin: In the best interest of the children?
by Ryan, Scott D. & Hinterlong, James & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Johnson, Lisa B.
- 1640-1647 Child welfare professionals' responses to domestic violence exposure among children
by LaLiberte, Traci & Bills, Jessie & Shin, Narae & Edleson, Jeffrey L.
- 1648-1655 Living situation and placement change and children's behavior
by Rosenthal, James A. & Villegas, Susy
- 1656-1663 Adoption satisfaction of Black adopted children
by Gillum, Nerissa & O'Brien, Marion
- 1664-1669 The contribution of a hospital child protection team in determining suspected child abuse and neglect: Analysis of referrals of children aged 0-9
by Chen, Wendy & Glasser, Saralee & Benbenishty, Rami & Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Tzur, Shmuel & Lerner-Geva, Liat
- 1670-1674 Risk of low birth weight associated with family poverty in Korea
by Lee, Bong Joo & Lim, Se Hee
- 1675-1682 Do maltreated children who remain at home function better than those who are placed?
by Mennen, Ferol E. & Brensilver, Matthew & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 1683-1689 Voices from the periphery: Prospects and challenges for the homeless youth service sector
by Gharabaghi, Kiaras & Stuart, Carol
- 1690-1703 Do early academic achievement and behavior problems predict long-term effects among Head Start children?
by Lee, Kyunghee
- 1704-1710 Social capital, savings, and educational performance of orphaned adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ssewamala, Fred M. & Karimli, Leyla & Han, Chang-Keun & Ismayilova, Leyla
- 1711-1718 Child care subsidies post TANF: Child care subsidy use by African American, White and Hispanic TANF-leavers
by Shlay, Anne B. & Weinraub, Marsha & Harmon, Michelle
- 1719-1728 The emerging attachment relationship between adopted Chinese infants and their mothers
by Pugliese, Mirella & Cohen, Nancy J. & Farnia, Fataneh & Lojkasek, Mirek
- 1729-1734 Child welfare informatics: A proposed subspecialty for social work
by Naccarato, Toni
- 1735-1739 Drug use among maltreated adolescents receiving child welfare services
by Cheng, Tyrone C. & Lo, Celia C.
- 1740-1749 Risk chains over the life course among homeless urban adolescent mothers: Altering their trajectories through formal support
by Kennedy, Angie C. & Agbényiga, DeBrenna LaFa & Kasiborski, Natalie & Gladden, Jessica
- 1750-1757 Gender differential in deviant friends' influence on children's academic self-esteem
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yeung, Jerf Wai-keung
- 1758-1769 The overlap between bullying and victimization in adolescent residential care: Are bully/victims a special category?
by Sekol, Ivana & Farrington, David P.
- 1770-1777 Transitioning from group care to family care: Child welfare worker assessments
by Lee, Bethany R. & Shaw, Terry V. & Gove, Britni & Hwang, Jeongha
- 1778-1786 Public expenditure, locality characteristics and child outcomes
by Ben-Arieh, Asher
- 1787-1795 Youth offender reentry: Models for intervention and directions for future inquiry
by Abrams, Laura S. & Snyder, Susan M.
- 1796-1802 Support needs of Aboriginal foster parents
by Ivanova, Viktoria & Brown, Jason
- 1803-1806 Death and taxes: Child health and the state tax freedom race
by MacKenzie, Michael J. & Tucker, David J.
- 1807-1813 Stress, coping and personal strengths and difficulties in internationally adopted children in Spain
by Reinoso, M. & Forns, M.
- 1814-1822 The role of inter-agency collaboration in facilitating receipt of behavioral health services for youth involved with child welfare and juvenile justice
by Chuang, Emmeline & Wells, Rebecca
- 1823-1830 Kinship foster care and the risk of juvenile delinquency
by Ryan, Joseph P. & Hong, Jun Sung & Herz, Denise & Hernandez, Pedro M.
- 1831-1836 Why do adolescents become involved with the child welfare system? Exploring risk factors that affect young adolescents
by Simmel, Cassandra
2010, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1487-1487 Testing a new policy concept: Editors' introduction and acknowledgements
by Sherraden, Michael & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon
- 1488-1496 Assets and child well-being in developed countries
by Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon & Destin, Mesmin
- 1497-1507 Asset holding and educational attainment among African American youth
by Elliott, William & Kim, Kevin & Jung, Hyunzee & Zhan, Min
- 1508-1519 Assets and child well-being in developing countries: A research review
by Chowa, Gina & Ansong, David & Masa, Rainier
- 1520-1527 City and community innovations in CDAs: The role of community-based organizations
by Rist, Carl & Humphrey, Liana