Structural uncertainty and subsidy removal for economies in transition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 41 (1997)
Issue (Month): 9 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Controlling a Stochastic Process with Unknown Parameters," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1045-64, September.
- Richard Layard & Ansgar Richter, 1995.
"How Much Unemployment is Needed for Restructuring?: The Russian Experience,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0238, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Richard Layard & Andrea Richter, 1995. "How much unemployment is needed for restructing: the Russian experience," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 3(1), pages 39-58, 03.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Gérard Roland, 1995.
"The design of reform packages under uncertainty,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/9607, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aghion, P. & Bolton, P. & Harris, C. & Jullien, B., 1990.
"Optimal Learning By Experimentation,"
DELTA Working Papers
90-10, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- David Backus & John Driffill, 1984.
"Inflation and Reputation,"
560, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Barro, Robert J., 1986.
"Reputation in a model of monetary policy with incomplete information,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 3-20, January.
- Robert J. Barro, 1986. "Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy with Incomplete Information," NBER Working Papers 1794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1990.
"Credibility and Stabilization,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
454, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido, 1990. "A Positive Theory of Fiscal Deficits and Government Debt," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 403-14, July.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen & Helga Hessenius, 1991. "East Germany in from the Cold: The Economic Aftermath of Currency Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 1-106.
- Backus, David & Driffill, John, 1985. "Rational Expectations and Policy Credibility Following a Change in Regime," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 211-21, April.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cukierman, Alex & Liviatan, Nissan, 1992.
"The Dynamics of Optimal Gradual Stabilizations,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 439-58, September.
- Wijnbergen, S. van, 1991.
"Intertemporal Speculation, Shortages and the Political Economy of Price Reform,"
1991-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992. "Intertemporal Speculation, Shortages and the Political Economy of Price Reform," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1395-406, November.
- Van Wijnbergen, S., 1991. "Intertemporal Speculation , Shortages annd the Political Economy of Price Reform," Papers 9149, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition Central Europe," NBER Working Papers 4736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Spagat, Michael, 1991.
"Learning, Experimentation and Monetary Policy,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1991018, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1991. "Reversing the Soviet Economic Collapse," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 341-367.
- Blanchard, Olivier J., 1985. "Credibility, disinflation and gradualism," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 211-217.
- Cocherane, J. & Ickes, B.W., 1990. "Stopping Inflation in Reforming Socialist Economies: Some Pleasant Socialist Arithmetics," Papers 12-90-1, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Driffill, John, 1987.
"Macroeconomic Policy Games with Incomplete Information - A Survey,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
288, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Driffill, John, 1988. "Macroeconomic policy games with incomplete information : A survey," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 533-541, March.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1990. "A Positive Theory of Fiscal Deficits and Government Debt," Scholarly Articles 3612769, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dewatripont, M & Roland, G, 1992. "Economic Reform and Dynamic Political Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 703-30, October.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995.
"The Dynamics of Political Support for Reform in Economies in Transition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodrik Dani, 1995. "The Dynamics of Political Suppport for Reform in Economies in Transition," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 403-425, December.
- David Lipton & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1990. "Creating a Market Economy in Eastern Europe: The Case of Poland," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(1), pages 75-148.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Kihlstrom, Richard E & Mirman, Leonard J, 1977. "A Bayesian Approach to the Production of Information and Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 533-47, October.
- Alberto Alesina & Allan Drazen, 1989.
"Why are Stabilizations Delayed?,"
NBER Working Papers
3053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh, Atish R & Masson, Paul R, 1991. "Model Uncertainty, Learning, and the Gains from Coordination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 465-79, June.
- David Lipton & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1992. "Prospects for Russia's Economic Reforms," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(2), pages 213-284.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 1993. "A Theory of Public Debt Management with Unobservable Demand," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 960-74, July.
- Aghion, Philippe, et al, 1991. "Optimal Learning by Experimentation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 621-54, July.
- Fardmanesh, Mohsen & Tan, Li, 2003. "Wage and price control policies in transition economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 173-200, February.
- Jody Overland & Kenneth L. Simons & Michael Spagat, 2000.
"Political Instability and Growth in Dictatorships,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
354, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Overland, Jody & Simons, Kenneth L & Spagat, Michael, 2000. "Political Instability and Growth in Dictatorships," CEPR Discussion Papers 2653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jody Overland, Kenneth Simons and Michael Spagat, 2003. "Political Instability and Growth in Dictatorships," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 03/11, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
- G. Berttocchi, 1995.
"Growth Under Uncertainty with Experimentation,"
95-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.