Existence of stationary equilibrium in the markets for new and used durable goods
AbstractWe prove the existence of stationary equilibrium in the primary and secondhand markets for an indivisible consumer durable in a general model with stochastic degradation and endogenous scrappage decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Other versions of this item:
- Hideo Konishi & Michael Sandfort, 2000. "Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 450, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Konishi, H. & Sandfort, M.T., 2000. "Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods," Papers 00-8, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-90, July.
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, .
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974. "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 159-166, August.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A., 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 23-44, January.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., . "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1719, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Manski, Charles F., 1983. "Analysis of equilibrium automobile holdings in Israel with aggregate discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 373-389, October.
- Bond, Eric W, 1983. "Trade in Used Equipment with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-705, August.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1982. "Durability, Market Structure, and New-Used Goods Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 816-24, September.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Igal Hendel, 1999.
"Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1097-1115, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1988.
"Anonymous sequential games,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-87, February.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- Rust, John, 1985. "Stationary Equilibrium in a Market for Durable Assets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 783-805, July.
- Ernő Kovács & Zsuzsanna Lőke & Ibolya Bokor, 2007. "Trade of second-hand products, as a means of social emergence in the European Union and Hungary," Acta Universitatis Bohemiae Meridionales, University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, vol. 10(1), pages 37-42.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.