Price discrimination via second-hand markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/1719.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: European Economic Review (1994) v.38,p.23-44
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rust, John, 1986. "When Is It Optimal to Kill Off the Market for Used Durable Goods?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 65-86, January.
- Swan, Peter L, 1972. "Optimum Durability, Second-Hand Markets, and Planned Obsolescence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 575-85, May-June.
- Swan, Peter L, 1980. "Alcoa: The Influence of Recycling on Monopoly Power," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 76-99, February.
- Bond, Eric W, 1982. "A Direct Test of the "Lemons" Model: The Market for Used Pickup Trucks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 836-40, September.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Swan, Peter L, 1970. "Durability of Consumption Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 884-94, December.
- Kim, Jae-Cheol, 1985. "The Market for "Lemons" Reconsidered: A Model of the Used Car Market with Asymmetric Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 836-43, September.
- Pasquale Schiraldi, 2006.
"Second-Hand Markets and Collusion by Manufacturers of Semidurable Goods,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2006-028, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Pasquale Schiraldi, 2009. "Second-Hand Markets and Collusion byManufacturers of Semidurable Goods," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 48, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Michael Waldman, 2004. "Antitrust Perspectives for Durable-Goods Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 1306, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nikita Roketskiy & Alessandro Lizzeri & Alessandro Gavazza, 2012.
"A Quantitative Analysis of the Used Car Market,"
2012 Meeting Papers
173, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Konishi, H. & Sandfort, M.T., 2000.
"Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods,"
00-8, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Konishi, Hideo & Sandfort, Michael T., 2002. "Existence of stationary equilibrium in the markets for new and used durable goods," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1029-1052, June.
- Hideo Konishi & Michael Sandfort, 2000. "Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 450, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Waldman, Michael, 2013. "What Limits Indirect Appropriability?," MPRA Paper 44690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grilo, Isabel & Wauthy, Xavier, 1997. "Competition through second-hand products when consumers differ in risk aversion," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Lee, In Ho, 2003. "Entry deterrence and innovation in durable-goods monopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1011-1036, December.
- Eric Avenel & Sebastien Mitraille, 2004.
"Strategic Delays of Delivery, Market Separation and Demand Discrimination,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
04/112, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Mitraille, Sebastien & Eric Avenel, 2003. "Strategic delays of delivery, market separation and demand discrimination," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 155, Royal Economic Society.
- Kumar, Praveen, 2002. "Price and quality discrimination in durable goods monopoly with resale trading," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1313-1339, November.
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1997.
"Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sylvain Prado, 2010. "A Family Hitch : Econometrics of the New and the Used Car Markets," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-4, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Clerides, Sofronis & Hadjiyiannis, Costas, 2008. "Quality standards for used durables: An indirect subsidy?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 268-282, July.
- Eric BROUILLAT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Durability of consumption goods and market competition: an agent-based modelling," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-31, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Heese, Hans S. & Cattani, Kyle & Ferrer, Geraldo & Gilland, Wendell & Roth, Aleda V., 2005. "Competitive advantage through take-back of used products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 143-157, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.