Impact of financial development, money, and public spending on Malaysian national income: an econometric study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ambler, Steve, 1989. "Does Money Matter in Canada? Evidence from a Vector Error Correction Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 651-58, November.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1991.
"Financial Intermediation and Endogenous Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 195-209, April.
- Sinai, Allen & Stokes, Houston H, 1972. "Real Money Balances: An Omitted Variable from the Production Functions?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 290-96, August.
- Fry, M.J., 1995. "Financial Development in Asia: Some Analytical Issues," Papers 95-01, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- David A. Aschauer, 1989. "Back of the G-7 pack: public investment and productivity growth in the Group of Seven," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 89-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- M.A. Akhtar, 1974. "The Demand for Money In Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 40-54.
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Does public capital crowd out private capital?,"
88-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Is government spending stimulative?,"
88-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Seck, Diery & El Nil, Yasim H., 1993. "Financial liberalization in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1867-1881, November.
- Bharat Trehan, 1988. "The practice of monetary targeting: a case study of the West German experience," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 30-44.
- Pablo Emilio Guidotti & Jose De Gregorio, 1992.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
92/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Boyan Jovanovic, 1989.
"Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income,"
NBER Working Papers
3189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1076-1107, October.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," Working Papers 88-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9002, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," RCER Working Papers 131, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Ansari, M. I., 1996. "Monetary vs. fiscal policy: Some evidence from vector autoregression for India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 677-698.
- Wallich, Henry C, 1969. "Money and Growth: A Country Cross-Section Analysis," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 281-302, May.
- King, Robert G & Levine, Ross, 1993.
"Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-37, August.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Fry, Maxwell J, 1978. "Money and Capital or Financial Deepening in Economic Development?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 464-75, November.
- Gupta, Kanhaya L, 1987. "Aggregate Savings, Financial Intermediation, and Interest Rate," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 303-11, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Policy Watch: Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 189-198, Fall.
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1983. "The interest elasticity of savings in developing countries: The existing evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(7), pages 601-607, July.
- Laura S. Rubin, 1991. "Productivity and the public capital stock: another look," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cooley, T.F. & Smith, B.D., 1991.
"Financial Markets, Specialization, and Learning by Doing,"
RCER Working Papers
276, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Smith, Bruce D., 1998. "Financial markets, specialization, and learning by doing," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 333-361, December.
- Cooley, T-F & Smith, B-D, 1993. "Financial Markets, Specialization, and Learning by Doing," Papers 93-01, Rochester, Business - Quantitative Methods Working Paper Series.
- LeSage, James P, 1990. "A Comparison of the Forecasting Ability of ECM and VAR Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 664-71, November.
- John A. Tatom, 1991. "Public capital and private sector performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 3-15.
- Delano Villanueva & Abbas Mirakhor, 1990. "Strategies for Financial Reforms: Interest Rate Policies, Stabilization, and Bank Supervision in Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 509-536, September.
- Uğur Soytas & Engin Kucukkaya, 2011. "Economic growth and financial development in Turkey: new evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 595-600.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2007.
"Trade Liberalisation, Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
2007:19, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation, Financial Development and Economic Growth," Trade Working Papers 22204, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2011. "Financial development, foreign investment and economic growth in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 335-342, August.
- Zaman, Khalid & Izhar, Zeeshan & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Ahmad, Mehboob, 2012. "The relationship between financial indicators and human development in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1515-1523.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.