Financial Markets, Specialization, and Learning by Doing
AbstractThis paper considers three questions : (1) what is the role of financial markets in development, (2) why do some economies have such poorly developed financial markets, and (3) can government policy be used to promote financial market development?
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER) in its series RCER Working Papers with number 276.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Rochester, Center for Economic Research, Department of Economics, Harkness 231 Rochester, New York 14627 U.S.A.
economic growth ; financial market ; economic models;
Other versions of this item:
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Smith, Bruce D., 1998. "Financial markets, specialization, and learning by doing," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 333-361, December.
- Cooley, T-F & Smith, B-D, 1993. "Financial Markets, Specialization, and Learning by Doing," Papers 93-01, Rochester, Business - Quantitative Methods Working Paper Series.
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K Blackburn & N Bose & S Capasso, 2001.
"Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
07, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2005. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 135-149, 05.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bose & Salvatore Capasso, 2003. "Financial Development, Financing Choice and Economic Growth," CSEF Working Papers 96, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Minier, Jenny, 2009. "Opening a stock exchange," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 135-143, September.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2001.
"Banks´ Inefficiency and Economic Growth A Micro-Macro Approach,"
Development Working Papers
153, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Lucchetti, Riccardo & Papi, Luca & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2001. "Banks' Inefficiency and Economic Growth: A Micro-Macro Approach," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(4), pages 400-424, September.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2000. "Banks' inefficiency and economic growth: a micro-macro approach," Heterogeneity and monetary policy 0004, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1995.
"Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1992. "Risk-taking, global diversification, and growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 61, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1992. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 688, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1993. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C93-016, University of California at Berkeley.
- Andrea Schertler, 2002. "Path Dependencies in Venture Capital Markets," Kiel Working Papers 1120, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Bose, Niloy, 2005. "Endogenous growth and the emergence of equity finance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 173-188, June.
- Ahmed, S. M. & Ansari, M. I., 1998. "Financial sector development and economic growth: The South-Asian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 503-517.
- Galetovic, Alexander, 1996. "Specialization, intermediation, and growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 549-559, December.
- Baochun Peng, 2000. "How Well Does the Market Allocate Entrepreneurs?," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0025, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Ansari, M. I., 2002. "Impact of financial development, money, and public spending on Malaysian national income: an econometric study," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 72-93.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriel Mihalache).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.