A Comparison of the Forecasting Ability of ECM and VAR Models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 72 (1990)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pau Rabanal & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramirez & Vicente Tuesta Reátegui, 2010.
"Cointegrated TFP Processes and International Business Cycles,"
10-11, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Rabanal, Pau & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan F. & Tuesta, Vicente, 2011. "Cointegrated TFP processes and international business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 156-171, March.
- Pau Rabanal & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Vicente Tuesta, 2009. "Cointegrated TFP processes and international business cycles," Working Paper 2009-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Vicente Tuesta & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Pau Rabanal, 2009. "Cointegrated TFP Processes and International Business Cycles," IMF Working Papers 09/212, International Monetary Fund.
- Heather M Anderson & Farshid Vahid, 2010. "VARs, Cointegration and Common Cycle Restrictions," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 14/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jane Binner & Rakesh Bissoondeeal & Thomas Elger & Alicia Gazely & Andrew Mullineux, 2005. "A comparison of linear forecasting models and neural networks: an application to Euro inflation and Euro Divisia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 665-680.
- Clinebell, John M. & Kahl, Douglas R. & Stevens, Jerry L., 2000. "Integration of LIBOR and Treasury bill yields over different monetary regimes," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 17-30.
- Tom Stark, 1998. "A Bayesian vector error corrections model of the U.S. economy," Working Papers 98-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi & Stephen M. Miller & Josine Uwilingiye, 2011.
"Using Large Data Sets to Forecast Sectoral Employment,"
1106, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi & Stephen Miller & Josine Uwilingiye, 2014. "Using large data sets to forecast sectoral employment," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 229-264, June.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi & Stephen M. Miller & Josine Uwilingiye, 2011. "Using Large Data Sets to Forecast Sectoral Employment," Working papers 2011-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2012.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi & Stephen M. Miller & Josine Uwilingiye, 2011. "Using Large Data Sets to Forecast Sectoral Employment," Working Papers 201101, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Manfred Fischer, 2012. "In honor of James P. LeSage," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Pierre Malgrange & Catherine Doz, 1992. "Modèles VAR et prévisions à court terme," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 106(5), pages 109-122.
- Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Lai, Yue, 1997. "Cointegration Between Prices of Pecans and Other Edible Nuts: Forecasting and Implications," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35870, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chew Lian Chua & G. C. Lim & Sarantis Tsiaplias, 2012.
"A latent variable approach to forecasting the unemployment rate,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 229-244, 04.
- C. L. Chua & G. C. Lim & Sarantis Tsiaplias, 2009. "A Latent Variable Approach to Forecasting the Unemployment Rate," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Ansari, M. I., 2002. "Impact of financial development, money, and public spending on Malaysian national income: an econometric study," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 72-93.
- Villani, Mattias, 2001. "Bayesian prediction with cointegrated vector autoregressions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 585-605.
- Iqbal, Javed, 2001. "Forecasting methods: a comparative analysis," MPRA Paper 23856, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Chow, Hwee Kwan & Choy, Keen Meng, 2006. "Forecasting the global electronics cycle with leading indicators: A Bayesian VAR approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 301-315.
- Varshavsky, Alexander, 2009. "Questionable Innovations in Data Processing with Incomplete Information about the Analyzed System in Absence of Applications Limitations," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 16(4), pages 116-133.
- Ricardo Mourinho Félix & Luís Catela Nunes, 2003. "Forecasting Euro Area Aggregates with Bayesian VAR and VECM Models," Working Papers w200304, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Poskitt, D. S., 2003. "On the specification of cointegrated autoregressive moving-average forecasting systems," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 503-519.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.