The demand for alcoholic beverages in Spain
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven T. Yen & Andrew M. Jones, 1997. "Household Consumption of Cheese: An Inverse Hyperbolic Sine Double-Hurdle Model with Dependent Errors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 246-251.
- Andreas Andrikopoulos & James Brox & Emanuel Carvalho, 1997. "The demand for domestic and imported alcoholic beverages in Ontario, Canada: a dynamic simultaneous equation approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 945-953.
- Qingbin Wang & Helen Jensen & Steven Yen, 1996.
"Impact of cholesterol information on US egg consumption: evidence from consumer survey data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 189-191.
- Wang, Qingbin & Jensen, Helen H. & Yen, Steven, 1996. "Impact of Cholesterol Information on U.S. Egg Consumption: Evidence from Consumer Survey Data," Staff General Research Papers 5072, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yen, Steven T. & Su, Shew-Jiuan, 1995. "Modeling U.S. Butter Consumption With Zero Observations," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Yen, Steven, 1994. "Cross-Section Estimation of US Demand for Alcoholic Beverage," Staff General Research Papers 761, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chiang, J. & Lee, L-F., 1990.
"Discrete/Continuous Models of Consumer Demand with Binding Non-Negativity Constraints,"
261, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Chiang, Jeongwen & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1992. "Discrete/continuous models of consumer demand with binding nonnegativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 79-93.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-33, March.
- Cramer, J S, 1973. "Interaction of Income and Price in Consumer Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 351-63, June.
- Steven Yen, 1995. "Alternative transformations in a class of limited dependent variable models: alcohol consumption by US women," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(8), pages 258-262.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-71, July.
- Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas, 1987. "Bivariate alternatives to the Tobit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 179-200.
- Su, Shew-Jiuan B & Yen, Steven T, 1996. "Microeconometric Models of Infrequently Purchased Goods: An Application to Household Pork Consumption," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 513-33.
- David Blake & Angelika Nied, 1997. "The demand for alcohol in the United Kingdom," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1655-1672.
- Gao, Xiaoming & Wailes, Eric J. & Cramer, Gail L., 1995. "Double-Hurdle Model With Bivariate Normal Errors: An Application To U.S. Rice Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Holm, Pasi, 1995. "Alcohol Content and Demand for Alcoholic Beverages: A System Approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 75-92.
- Yen, Steven & Su, Shew-Jiuan, 1995. "Modeling U.S. Butter Consumption with Zero Observations," Staff General Research Papers 863, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lariviere, Eric & Larue, Bruno & Chalfant, Jim, 2000. "Modeling the demand for alcoholic beverages and advertising specifications," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 147-162, March.
- M. A. Salisu & V. N. Balasubramanyam, 1997. "Income and price elasticities of demand for alcoholic drinks," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 247-251.
- M. Burton & M. Tomlinson & T. Young, 1994. "Consumers' Decisions Whether Or Not To Purchase Meat: A Double Hurdle Analysis Of Single Adult Households," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 202-212.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Beghin, John C. & Rozelle, Scott, 2007.
"Consumption of dairy products in urban China: results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), December.
- Frank Fuller & John Beghin & Scott Rozelle, 2007. "Consumption of dairy products in urban China: results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(4), pages 459-474, December.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Beghin, John C. & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Consumption of Dairy Products in Urban China: Results from Beijing, Shangai and Guangzhou," Staff General Research Papers 12730, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Akinyosoye, Vincent O., 2007. "Demand For Dairy Products In Nigeria: Evidence From The Nigerian," Journal of Rural Economics and Development, University of Ibadan, Department of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16.
- Yen, Steven T. & Yuan, Yan & Liu, Xiaowen, 2009. "Alcohol consumption by men in China: A non-Gaussian censored system approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 162-173, June.
- Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2006.
"A Box-Cox Double-Hurdle model of wildlife valuation: The citizen's perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 192-208, June.
- Roberto Martinez Espineira, 2004. "A Box-Cox double-hurdle model of wildlife valuation: the citizen’s perspective," Others 0410003, EconWPA.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon, 2004. "A revised Tobit procedure for mitigating bias in the presence of non-zero censoring with an application to milk-market participation in the Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 97-106, July.
- Takashi Unayama, 2006. "The Engel curve for alcohol and the rank of demand systems," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 1019-1038.
- Nuria Badenes-Plá & Andrew M. Jones, 2003. "Addictive goods and taxes: A survey from an economic perspective," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 167(4), pages 123-153, December.
- David Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2007.
"A Double-Hurdle Approach to Modelling Tobacco Consumption in Italy,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
29/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- David Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2008. "A double-hurdle approach to modelling tobacco consumption in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(19), pages 2463-2476.
- Ngui, Dianah & Mutua, John & Osiolo, Hellen & Aligula, Eric, 2011. "Household energy demand in Kenya: An application of the linear approximate almost ideal demand system (LA-AIDS)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7084-7094.
- Davide Aristei & Federico Pierali & Luca Pieroni, 2007.
"Cohort, Age and Time Effects in Alcohol Consumption by Italian Households: a Double-Hurdle Approach,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
30/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- David Aristei & Federico Perali & Luca Pieroni, 2008. "Cohort, age and time effects in alcohol consumption by Italian households: a double-hurdle approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 29-61, August.
- Durham, Catherine A. & Pardoe, Iain & Vega-H, Esteban, 2004. "A Methodology for Evaluating How Product Characteristics Impact Choice in Retail Settings with Many Zero Observations: An Application to Restaurant Wine Purchase," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.