Modeling the demand for alcoholic beverages and advertising specifications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Pollak, R.A. & Wales, T.J., 1990.
"The Likelihood Dominance Criterion: A New Approach To Model Selection,"
90-10, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Pollak, Robert A. & Wales, Terence J., 1991. "The likelihood dominance criterion : A new approach to model selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 227-242, February.
- Pollak, R.A. & Wales, T.J., 1990. "The Likelihood Dominance Criterion: A New Approach To Model Selection," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 90-10, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Heien, Dale, 1995. "The Economic Case against Higher Alcohol Taxes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 207-09, Winter.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Hogarty, Thomas F & Elzinga, Kenneth G, 1972. "The Demand for Beer," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(2), pages 195-98, May.
- Rickertsen, Kyrre & Chalfant, James A & Steen, Marie, 1995. "The Effects of Advertising on the Demand for Vegetables," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 481-94.
- Ryan, David L & Wales, Terence J, 1998. "A Simple Method for Imposing Local Curvature in Some Flexible Consumer-Demand Systems," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 331-38, July.
- Heien, Dale & Pick, Daniel H., 1991. "The Structure Of International Demand For Soybean Products," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1995. "Units of Measurement and the 'Stone Index' In Demand System Estimation," Staff General Research Papers 5058, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alley, Andrew G & Ferguson, Donald G & Stewart, Kenneth G, 1992. "An Almost Ideal Demand System for Alcoholic Beverages in British Columbia," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 401-18.
- Ornstein, Stanley I & Hanssens, Dominique M, 1985. " Alcohol Control Laws and the Consumption of Distilled Spirits and Beer," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 200-213, September.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Chalfant, James A., 1994. "Policy Implications for U.S. Agriculture of Changes in Demand for Food," Staff General Research Papers 792, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1991. "When Is Expenditure "Exogenous" In Separable Demand Models?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Johnson, James A & Oksanen, Ernest H, 1977. "Estimation of Demand for Alcoholic Beverages in Canada from Pooled Time Series and Cross Sections," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 113-18, February.
- Alston, Julian M & Foster, Kenneth A & Green, Richard D, 1994. "Estimating Elasticities with the Linear Approximate Almost Ideal Demand System: Some Monte Carlo Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 351-56, May.
- Moschini, Giancarlo, 1998. "The semiflexible almost ideal demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 349-364, February.
- Tsolakis, Dimitris & Riethmuller, Paul C. & Watts, Geof, 1983. "The Demand for Wine and Beer," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(02), August.
- Gallet, Craig A. & List, John A., 1998. "Elasticities of beer demand revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 67-71, October.
- Tiffin, Richard & Aguiar, Magda, 1995. "Bayesian Estimation of an Almost Ideal Demand System for Fresh Fruit in Portugal," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 469-80.
- Bruno Larue & Alan Ker & Lorrie Mackinnon, 1991. "The demand for wine in ontario and the phasing-out of discriminatory mark-ups," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 475-488.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1998. "Semiflexible Almost Ideal Demand System, The," Staff General Research Papers 1193, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Green, Richard D. & Carman, Hoy F. & McManus, Kathleen, 1991. "Some Empirical Methods Of Estimating Advertising Effects In Demand Systems: An Application To Dried Fruits," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Rémy Lambert & Bruno Larue & Clément Yélou & George Criner, 2006. "Fish and meat demand in Canada: Regional differences and weak separability," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 175-199.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Liesbeth Colen, 2011.
"Beer Drinking Nations: The Determinants of Global Beer Consumption,"
- Johan F.M.Swinnen & Liesbeth Colen, 2010. "Beer Drinking Nations. The Determinants of Global Beer Consumption," LICOS Discussion Papers 27010, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Nelson, Jon P., 2001. "Alcohol Advertising and Advertising Bans: A Survey of Research Methods, Results, and Policy Implications," Working Papers 7-01-2, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
- Silva, Andres & Dharmasena, Senarath, 2013. "Modeling Seasonal Unit Roots as a Simple Empirical Method to Handle Autocorrelation in Demand Systems: Evidence from UK Expenditure Data," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149928, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Evens SALIES, 2004. "The consumption of ordinary wines in France : the effect of administered prices," Econometrics 0406003, EconWPA.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2006.
"Alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption by adolescents,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 617-637.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2003. "Alcohol Advertising and Alcohol Consumption by Adolescents," NBER Working Papers 9676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panzone, Luca A., 2013. "Saving money vs investing money: Do energy ratings influence consumer demand for energy efficient goods?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 51-63.
- Chapda Nana, Guy & Larue, Bruno, 2012.
"Imposing Curvature Conditions on Flexible Functional Forms to GNP Functions,"
123308, University of Laval, Center for Research on the Economics of the Environment, Agri-food, Transports and Energy (CREATE).
- Guy Chapda Nana & Bruno Larue, 2012. "Imposing Curvature Conditions on Flexible Functional Forms for GNP Functions," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2012-5, CREATE.
- Yen, Steven T. & Yuan, Yan & Liu, Xiaowen, 2009. "Alcohol consumption by men in China: A non-Gaussian censored system approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 162-173, June.
- Dyack, Brenda & Goddard, Ellen W., 2001. "The Rise of Red and the Wane of White: Wine Demand in Ontario Canada," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide 125617, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Antonis Michis & Anna Markidou, 2013. "Determinants of retail wine prices: evidence from Cyprus," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 267-280, August.
- Craig A. Gallet, 2007.
"The demand for alcohol: a meta-analysis of elasticities,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 121-135, 06.
- Gallet, Craig A., 2007. "The demand for alcohol: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), June.
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena, 2001. "The demand for alcoholic beverages in Spain," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 71-83, October.
- Cutts, Michela & Reynolds, Sanri & Meyer, Ferdinand H. & Vink, Nick, 2007. "Modelling Long-Term Commodities: The Development Of A Simulation Model For The South African Wine Industry Within A Partial Equilibrium Framework," Working Papers 37324, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Bettington, Nicholas, 2001. "Demand for Wine in Australia: Systems Versus Single Equation Approach," Working Papers 12923, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Tomson Ogwang & Danny Cho, 2009. "Economic determinants of the consumption of alcoholic beverages in Canada: a panel data analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 599-613, December.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Kaiser, Harry M., 2008. "Advertising and U.S. Nonalcoholic Beverage Demand," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.