Transaction-Cost Economics: Past, Present, and Future?
AbstractOliver Williamson is the founder and chief developer of transaction-cost economics (TCE). In this brief essay, on the occasion of his Nobel Memorial Prize, I offer a partial discussion of Williamson's contributions by first summarizing some of the accomplishments of TCE-past and then sketching some of the opportunities for TCE-future. Most of the topics in both sections (TCE-past and TCE-future) start with a quotation from Williamson's early work that I think still speaks volumes today. That is, while fellow travelers and successors have acted on one set of Williamson's insights, helping to produce the accomplishments of TCE-past, another collection of Williamson's insights has gone relatively unremarked, creating some of the opportunities for TCE-future. Copyright © The editors of the "Scandinavian Journal of Economics" 2010 .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 112 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björn Bartling & Ernst Fehr & Klaus Schmidt, 2013.
"Use and Abuse of Authority - A Behavioral Foundation of the Employment Relation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4068, CESifo Group Munich.
- Björn Bartling & Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 2012. "Use and abuse of authority: A behavioral foundation of the employment relation," ECON - Working Papers 098, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bartling, Björn & Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2012. "Use and Abuse of Authority: A Behavioral Foundation of the Employment Relation," IZA Discussion Papers 7029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bartling, Björn & Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2012. "Use and Abuse of Authority: A Behavioral Foundation of the Employment Relation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martino, Gaetano & Frascarelli, Angelo, 2012. "Adaptation in Food Networks: Theoretical Frame Work and Empirical Evidences," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144981, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Martino, Gaetano & Frascarelli, Angelo, 2012. "Adaptation in Food Networks: theoretical framework and empirical evidences," MPRA Paper 37600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bartling, Björn & Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2012.
"Use and Abuse of Authority,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
14243, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bartling, Björn & Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2012. "Use and Abuse of Authority," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 391, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.