A Quality Policy For America
AbstractThis paper describes Total Quality Management (TQM) and its benefits. It then outlines a three-point proposal for a national quality policy: (i) implementing TQM throughout the U.S. government, (ii) creating a set of nationally recognized certifications for employees' quality skills, (Hi) creating a set of nationally recognized supplier quality certifications. Copyright 1995 Western Economic Association International.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Contemporary Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 13 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 18830 Brookhurst Street, Suite 304, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 USA
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1074-3529
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tendler, Judith & Amorim, Monica Alves, 1996. "Small firms and their helpers: Lessons on demand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 407-426, March.
- David I. Levine & Michael W. Toffel, 2010.
"Quality Management and Job Quality: How the ISO 9001 Standard for Quality Management Systems Affects Employees and Employers,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 978-996, June.
- Levine, David I. & Toffel, Michael W., 2008. "Quality Management and Job Quality: How the ISO 9001 Standard forQuality Management Systems Affects Employees and Employers," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4p91h717, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- David I. Levine & Michael W. Toffel, 2008. "Quality Management and Job Quality: How the ISO 9001 Standard for Quality Management Systems Affects Employees and Employers," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-018, Harvard Business School, revised Jan 2010.
- Robert Drago, 1994. "Employee Involvement in Australia: Workplace Transformation or the Disposable Workplace?," Labor and Demography 9402003, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.