Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics)
2008, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 1347-1362 Analysis of domain satisfactions: Evidence from a panel of Greek women
by Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 1363-1370 Does financial security influence judgements of female physical attractiveness?
by Swami, Viren & Tovée, Martin J. & Furnham, Adrian
- 1371-1380 Music piracy among students on the university campus: Do males and females react differently?
by Chiang, Eric P. & Assane, Djeto
- 1381-1396 Family unpredictability, future discounting, and risk taking
by Hill, Elizabeth M. & Jenkins, Jessica & Farmer, Lisa
- 1397-1411 Mood impacts on probability weighting functions: "Large-gamble" evidence
by Kliger, Doron & Levy, Ori
- 1412-1426 The influence of a leader and social interaction on attendance: The case of the Japanese professional baseball league, 1952-2003
by Yamamura, Eiji & Shin, Inyong
- 1427-1442 How do respondents explain WTP responses? A review of the qualitative evidence
by Baker, Rachel & Robinson, Angela & Smith, Richard
- 1443-1458 Contingent valuation as a dynamic process
by Tisdell, Clem & Wilson, Clevo & Swarna Nantha, Hemanath
- 1459-1480 Putting a price tag on friends, relatives, and neighbours: Using surveys of life satisfaction to value social relationships
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 1481-1494 Do casinos export bankruptcy?
by Garrett, Thomas A. & Nichols, Mark W.
- 1495-1514 On the capitalization and cultivation of social capital: Towards a neo-capital general science?
by Waldstrøm, Christian & Svendsen, Gunnar Lind Haase
- 1515-1538 Social capital renewal and the academic performance of international students in Australia
by Neri, Frank & Ville, Simon
- 1539-1553 The role of social capital in enhancing factor productivity: Does its erosion depress per capita GDP?
by Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi
- 1554-1569 Social capital in non-profit organizations: A multi-disciplinary perspective
by Barros, Carlos Pestana & Nunes, Francisco
- 1570-1583 Interaction in organizations: A dynamic choice of codes
by Gomes, Orlando
- 1584-1596 Property rights, trust, and economic performance
by Teraji, Shinji
- 1597-1623 Social attitudes and re-distributive policies
by Witztum, Amos
- 1624-1635 Capital democratization
by Ashford, Robert & Kantarelis, Demetri
- 1636-1659 An unconditional basic income and labor supply: Results from a pilot study of lottery winners
by Marx, Axel & Peeters, Hans
- 1660-1678 Enfranchisement and the welfare state: Institutional design of unemployment compensation
by Kim, Wonik
- 1679-1680 S. Bowles, H. Gintis and M. Osborne Groves, Editors, Unequal Chances: Family Background and Economic Success, Princeton University Press (2005)
by Wolff, Edward N.
- 1681-1682 E.L. Jones, Cultures Merging: A Historical and Economic Critique of Culture , Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2006) 328 p., $29.95, ISBN-13: 978-0-691-11737-9
by Snyder, Stephen E.
- 1683-1684 Richard H.K. Vietor, How Countries Compete: Strategy, Structure and Government in the Global Economy , Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA (2007) 305 pp. + vi, Hardcover, Price: $21.00, ISBN 13:978-1-4221-1035-5
by Maital, Shlomo
2008, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 893-894 Understanding the behavior of the firm
by Tomer, John F.
- 895-906 Understanding firm performance: The case of developing countries's firms that compete internationally in technologically advanced industries
by Teitel, Simón
- 907-918 The role of corporate social responsibility in strong sustainability
by Málovics, György & Csigéné, Noémi Nagypál & Kraus, Sascha
- 919-938 Learning from experience or learning from others?: Inferring informal training from a human capital earnings function with matched employer-employee data
by Destré, Guillaume & Lévy-Garboua, Louis & Sollogoub, Michel
- 939-948 Psychic distance, psychic distance paradox and behavioral economics: Modeling MNC entry behavior in foreign markets
by Hosseini, Hamid
- 949-957 The role of aspirations and aspirations adaptation in explaining satisficing and bounded rationality
by Schwartz, Hugh
- 959-968 The role of employers' beliefs in the evaluation of educational output
by Bailly, Franck
- 969-975 Do norms matter for firm boundaries?
by Kvaløy, Ola
- 976-997 Spontaneous evolution of social exchange--An experimental study
by Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Güth, Werner & Vogt, Bodo
- 998-1009 Personality preferences in laboratory economics experiments
by Swope, Kurtis J. & Cadigan, John & Schmitt, Pamela M. & Shupp, Robert
- 1010-1028 Inequality and public good provision: An experimental analysis
by Anderson, Lisa R. & Mellor, Jennifer M. & Milyo, Jeffrey
- 1029-1046 Positive confirmation in rational and irrational learning
by Jones, Martin K.
- 1047-1060 The demand for social interaction
by Saffer, Henry
- 1061-1075 Role-reversibility, stochastic ignorance, and social cooperation
by Fon, Vincy & Parisi, Francesco
- 1076-1089 The financial simulacrum: The consequences of the symbolization and the computerization of the financial market
by Schinckus, Christophe
- 1090-1118 A comparative study of equity judgements in Lithuania and Norway
by Jungeilges, Jochen A. & Theisen, Theis
- 1119-1133 Describing poverty in an ultraperipheral region: The case of the Canary Islands
by Dávila Quintana, C. Delia & Garcia, Vanessa del Pino González & Feijoó, Santiago Rodriguez & Caro, Alejandro Rodriguez
- 1134-1152 Help from the parent-teacher association to parenting efficacy: Beyond social status and informal social capital
by Cheung, Chau-kiu & Lam, Ching-man & Ngai, Steven Sek-yum
- 1153-1167 Economic convergence and life satisfaction in the European Union
by Welsch, Heinz & Bonn, Udo
- 1168-1186 Children with disabilities and chronic conditions and longer-term parental health
by Burton, Peter & Lethbridge, Lynn & Phipps, Shelley
- 1187-1201 Economic theory and women's household status: The case of Japan
by Redman, Barbara J.
- 1202-1217 The status of women among the scheduled tribes in India
by Mitra, Aparna
- 1218-1233 Reflections on rational choice--The existence of systematic irrationality
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
- 1234-1247 Negatively correlated author seniority and the number of acknowledged people: Name-recognition as a signal of scientific merit?
by Berg, Nathan & Faria, Joao
- 1248-1265 Can incentives for research harm research? A business schools' tale
by Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu
- 1266-1285 Alphabet Economics: The link between names and reputation
by Efthyvoulou, Georgios
- 1287-1289 Robert H. Frank, What Price the Moral High Ground? Ethical Dilemmas in Competitive Environments , Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2004) ISBN 0-691-00672-5 xii+203 pp., US$27.95
by Lynne, Gary D.
- 1289-1290 Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, Freakonomics , William Morrow (An imprint of HarperCollins Publishers), New York (2005) 242 pp., $25.95, ISBN: 0-06-073132-X
by Vitaliano, Donald F.
- 1290-1291 K. Roger, Editor, Advances in Austrian Economics (vol. 7): Evolutionary Psychology and Economic Theory, Elsevier, Amsterdam et al. (2004) ISBN 0-7623-1138-X Price: $95
by Newson, Lesley
2008, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 455-457 Introduction: Special issue on the household economy
by Burgoyne, Carole B.
- 458-480 Separate financial entities?: Beyond categories of money management
by Ashby, Katherine J. & Burgoyne, Carole B.
- 481-501 Financial affairs? Money management in same-sex relationships
by Burns, Maree & Burgoyne, Carole & Clarke, Victoria
- 502-518 Cohabiting relationships, money and property: The legal backdrop
by Barlow, Anne
- 519-532 Spending and credit use in the private household
by Kirchler, Erich & Hoelzl, Erik & Kamleitner, Bernadette
- 533-551 Household financial organisation and discursive practice: Managing money and identity
by Sonnenberg, Stefanie J.
- 552-576 Managing money in new heterosexual forms of intimate relationships
by Vogler, Carolyn & Brockmann, Michaela & Wiggins, Richard D.
- 577-591 Family finances, individualisation, spending patterns and access to credit
by Pahl, Jan
- 592-611 Control over money and the savings decisions of Canadian households
by Phipps, Shelley & Woolley, Frances
- 613-626 Lower monetary returns for that many overtime hours? Forget it!
by DeRiviere, Linda
- 627-643 The effect of transfer payments on the labor supply of single mothers
by Frish, Roni & Zussman, Noam
- 644-656 Microcredit and the socio-economic wellbeing of women and their families in Cairo
by F. Nader, Yasmine
- 657-671 Determinants of the likelihood of finding the right partner in an arranged marriage: Evidence from a French matchmaking agency
by Vaillant, Nicolas G. & Harrant, Valérie
- 672-693 Constructing and reconstructing gender: Reference group effects and women's demand for entrepreneurial capital
by Fletschner, Diana & Carter, Michael R.
- 694-717 Attitudes and performance: An analysis of Russian workers
by Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia
- 718-735 On the definition of involuntary unemployment
by Sawyer, Malcolm & Spencer, David
- 736-756 The internal migration of the immigrant and native-born populations in Canada between 1976 and 1996
by Grenier, Gilles
- 757-766 Residential segregation by race in cities and the employment of blacks in insurance occupations during the early 20th century
by Boyd, Robert L.
- 767-788 Long-term effects of involuntary job separations on labour careers
by Malo, Miguel A. & Muñoz-Bullón, Fernando
- 789-820 Classical and neoclassical conceptions of rationality--Findings of an exploratory survey
by Zafirovski, Milan
- 821-835 Attitudes toward inequality: Racism and other varieties of American exceptionalism
by Kaun, David E.
- 836-863 Ibn Khaldun's theory of development: Does it help explain the low performance of the present-day Muslim world?
by Chapra, M. Umer
- 864-879 A policy analysis of Victoria's Genuine Progress Indictor
by Clarke, Matthew & Lawn, Philip
- 881-884 Review of Robert Scott Gassler, Beyond Profit and Self-Interest: Economics with a Broader Scope , Elgar, Cheltenham (2003) ISBN 184376492X pp. xiiÂ +Â 333, Price: US$ 100.00
by McCain, Roger A.
- 885-887 E. Tijerina, Sarah Babb, Managing Mexico. Economists from Nationalism to Neoliberalism , Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford (March 2004) ISBN 0-691-11793-4 Xi, 255 pp., Price: US$ 19.95
by Tijerina, Eliezer
- 887-889 T.L. Friedman, The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century--Updated and Expanded , Farrar, Strauss, and Giroux, New York, NY (2006) 593 pp.
by Weller, Christian E.
- 889-891 J. Henrich, R. Boyd, S. Bowles, C. Camerer, E. Fehr and H. Gintis, Foundations of Human Sociality: Economic Experiments and Ethnographic Evidence from Fifteen Small-Scale Societies , Oxford University Press, New York, NY (2004) ISBN 0-19-926204-7 p. 451
by Petrie, Ragan
2008, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-17 Groups, cooperation and conflict in games
by Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Zizzo, Daniel John
- 18-30 Competition versus cooperation: Some experimental evidence
by Canegallo, Claudia & Ortona, Guido & Ottone, Stefania & Ponzano, Ferruccio & Scacciati, Francesco
- 31-44 Fairness perceptions and observed consumer behavior: Results of a partial observability model
by Daskalopoulou, Irene
- 45-63 Ethical preferences, risk aversion, and taxpayer behavior
by Eisenhauer, Joseph G.
- 64-78 The leisure experience
by Ateca-Amestoy, Victoria & Serrano-del-Rosal, Rafael & Vera-Toscano, Esperanza
- 79-89 The Seat is right: Bidder heterogeneity in The Price Is Right
by Baker II, Ronald J. & Schwartz, Jeremy T.
- 90-107 An economic analysis of apathetic behavior: Theory and experiment
by Shibata, Aiko & Mori, Toru & Okamura, Makoto & Soyama, Noriko
- 108-137 Collective opinion formation of individuals socially embedded in a power structure
by Gazon, Jules
- 138-148 Estimation of evolutionary models as a tool for research in industrial organization
by Rotheli, Tobias F.
- 149-156 The effect of external incentives on profits and firm-provided incentives strategy
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 157-166 Culture, effort variability, and hierarchy
by Teraji, Shinji
- 167-193 Does the stigma of slavery explain the maltreatment of blacks by whites: The case of lynchings
by Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A. & Headen Jr., Alvin E.
- 194-212 An ecological perspective on interest groups and economic stagnation
by Brunk, Gregory G. & Hunter, Kennith G.
- 213-236 Happiness and health: Well-being among the self-employed
by Andersson, Pernilla
- 237-261 The effect of public spending on suicide: Evidence from U.S. state data
by Minoiu, Camelia & Andres, Antonio Rodriguez
- 262-275 Should we invest in suicide prevention programs
by Sari, Nazmi & de Castro, Sahily & Newman, Frederick L. & Mills, Gerry
- 276-292 Meta-regression analysis as the socio-economics of economics research
by Stanley, T.D. & Doucouliagos, Chris & Jarrell, Stephen B.
- 293-307 Multifunctionality and a new focus on externalities
by Mann, Stefan & Wustemann, Henry
- 308-327 The Tragedy of the Commune: Learning from worst-case scenarios
by Mause, Karsten
- 328-342 Peer group effects in education production: Is it about congestion
by Bonesronning, Hans
- 343-352 Relative age, identity and schooling: An extension of the Akerlof/Kranton model which solves a puzzle
by Allen, Jeremiah
- 353-364 Is concern for relative consumption a function of relative consumption
by Andersson, Fredrik W.
- 365-383 Gender dimension in the conservation and sustainable use of agro-biodiversity in West Asia
by Abdelali-Martini, Malika & Amri, Ahmed & Ajlouni, Mohammed & Assi, Raghed & Sbieh, Younes & Khnifes, Ali
- 384-399 Time, speeding behavior, and optimal penalties
by White, Mark D.
- 400-415 How realistic is the supply/demand equilibrium story: A simple demonstration of false trading and its implications for market equilibrium
by Buchanan, Neil H.
- 416-443 Institutions and economic change: A critical survey of the new institutional approaches and empirical evidence
by Gagliardi, Francesca
- 444-447 S. Bowles, Microeconomics: Behavior, Institutions, and Evolution , Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford (2004) ISBN 978-0-691-09163-1 608 pp., Price: US$ 75 http://press.princeton.edu/titles/7610.html
by Berg, Nathan
- 448-450 D. Vogel, The Market for Virtue: The Potential and Limits of Corporate Social Responsibility , Brookings Institute Press, Washington, DC (2005) ISBN 0-8157-9076-7 222 pp., Hardback, Price: US$ 28.95
by Guyatt, Danyelle
- 451-453 C. Prestowitz, Three Billion New Capitalists , Basic Books, New York, NY (2005) 321 pp.
by Weller, Christian E.
- 454-456 Lawson Tony, Reorienting Economics , Routledge, London (2003) ISBN 0-415-25336-5 Pages xxvi, 383
by Ziliak, Stephen T.
2007, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 825-840 Asymmetry in information versus asymmetry in power: Implicit assumptions of agency theory?
by Saam, Nicole J.
- 841-855 A psychological, attitudinal and professional profile of Irish economists
by Lucey, Brian M. & Delaney, Liam
- 856-864 The unconscious in economic decision-making: Convergent voices
by Wolozin, Harold & Wolozin, Benjamin
- 865-874 Experimenters' choices of trust experiments and their consequence for meta-studies
by Bolle, Friedel & Kaehler, Jessica
- 875-894 Firm-level training in local economic systems: Complementarities in production and firm innovation strategies
by Guidetti, Giovanni & Mazzanti, Massimiliano
- 895-913 The effect of job satisfaction on labor turnover by gender: An analysis for Switzerland
by Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Sousa-Poza, Andres A.
- 914-931 The role of non-profit organisations in migration policies: Spain and Italy compared
by Carella, Maria & Gurrieri, Antonia Rosa & Lorizio, Marilene
- 932-948 Social capital and innovation dynamics in district-based local systems
by Cainelli, Giulio & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano
- 949-964 Cohesiveness and goals in agency networks: Explaining conflict and cooperation
by Mukherji, Ananda & Wright, Peter & Mukherji, Jyotsna
- 965-977 Market overreach: The student as customer
by George, David
- 978-982 W.K. Black, The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One: How Corporate Executives and Politicians Looted the S&L Industry, University of Texas Press, Austin, TX (2005) ISBN 0-292-70638-3 329 pp., Price: $24.95
by Ashford, Robert
- 982-983 P.H. Lindert, Growing Public: Social Spending and Economic Growth Since the Eighteenth Century, Cambridge University Press (2004) ISBN 0 521 82174 6 (hardback), 0 521 52916 6 (paperback) vol. 1: xvii + 377 pp., vol. 2: vii + 230 pp.
by James, Simon
2007, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 677-685 The effect of life values and materialism on buying counterfeit products
by Furnham, Adrian & Valgeirsson, Halldor
- 686-697 Money obsession, social adjustment, and economic risk perception
by Engelberg, Elisabeth & Sjoberg, Lennart
- 698-712 Money illusion in intuitive financial judgments: Influences of nominal representation of share prices
by Svedsater, Henrik & Gamble, Amelie & Garling, Tommy
- 713-733 Determinants of superstition
by Torgler, Benno
- 734-744 Social mood: The stock market and political cycles
by Nofsinger, John R.
- 745-770 Evaluating the need assessment in fiscal equalization schemes at the local government level
by Eichhorst, Anja
- 771-788 Loss aversion, price and quality
by Sibly, Hugh
- 789-801 Access to gambling and declaring personal bankruptcy
by Boardman, Barry & Perry, John J.
- 802-818 Stability of U.S. consumption expenditure patterns: 1996-1999
by Taylor, Lester D.
- 819-821 G. Benedetto and S. Robert, Economics and Social Interaction Accounting for Interpersonal Relations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (2005) ISBN 13 978-0-521-84884-8 pp. xv; 299, Price: US$ 80.00
by MacFadyen, Alan J.
- 821-824 J. Faux, The Global Class War: How America's Elite Lost Our Future--And What It Will Take to Win It Back, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Hoboken, NJ (2006) 292 pp., $35.99, ISBN-13: 978-0-471-69761-9
by Colander, David
2007, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 505-522 Satisficing in portfolio selection--Theoretical aspects and experimental tests
by Guth, Werner
- 523-536 Paradise to parking lots: Creation versus maintenance of a public good
by Shanley, James & Grossman, Philip J.
- 537-545 Positional goods in the United States and China
by Solnick, Sara J. & Hong, Li & Hemenway, David
- 546-560 Is there as-if bargaining?
by Fischer, Sven & Guth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin
- 561-577 Helping self-help: The fundamental conundrum of development assistance
by Ellerman, David
- 578-594 The theory of institutions and collective action in Adam Smith's Theory of Moral Sentiments
by Tajima, Keigo
- 595-618 The anatomy of increasing inequality of U.S. family incomes
by Pryor, Frederic L.
- 619-629 Metropolitan poverty: The case of Chicago
by Mogull, Robert G.
- 630-649 Poverty alleviation and consumption insurance: Evidence from PROGRESA in Mexico
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 650-671 Social and political forces as determinants of poverty: A spatial analysis
by Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J.
- 672-674 R.H. Thaler, Advances in Behavioral Finance II, Russell Sage Foundation, New York (2005) 712 pp., $45.00, ISBN: 0-691-12175-3
by Shefrin, Hersh
- 675-676 E. Shafir, Editor, Preference, Belief, and Similarity: Selected Writings by Amos Tversky, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (2004) ISBN 0-262-20144-5
by Tyran, Jean-Robert
2007, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 335-359 What is the capability approach?: Its core, rationale, partners and dangers
by Gasper, Des
- 360-375 An analytical framework for conceptualizing poverty and re-examining the capability approach
by Chiappero-Martinetti, Enrica & Moroni, Stefano
- 376-396 Income poverty and material hardship: How strong is the association?
by Iceland, John & Bauman, Kurt J.
- 397-423 Sen and the art of quality of life maintenance: Towards a general theory of quality of life and its causation
by Ruta, Danny & Camfield, Laura & Donaldson, Cam
- 424-435 Capabilities, human capital and education
by Lanzi, Diego
- 436-450 Children capabilities: A structural equation model for India
by Di Tommaso, Maria Laura
- 451-462 Behavioral economics and socio-economics journals: A citation-based ranking
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 463-479 What is behavioral economics?
by Tomer, John F.
- 480-489 Prefrontal systems in financial processing
by Spinella, Marcello & Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
- 490-495 E.D. Beinhocker, The Origin of Wealth, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA (2006) ISBN 1-57851-777-X 544 pp., Price: US$ 29.95
by McCain, Roger A.
- 495-501 Altruistically Inclined? The Behavioral Sciences, Evolutionary Theory, and the Origins of Reciprocity, A.J. Field. Ann Arbor, Michigan (2002). xvi + 373 pp., Paperback 2004, Cloth $ 54.50, ISBN: 0-472-11224-4
by Dimand, Robert W.
- 501-503 J. Pencavel, Editor, Worker Participation: Lessons from the Worker Co-ops of the Pacific Northwest, Russell Sage Foundation, New York (2001) ISBN 0-87154-655-8 117 pp., Paper, $12.95
by Ellerman, David
2007, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 167-176 The relationship between parenting and materialism in British mothers and fathers of secondary school age children
by Flouri, Eirini
- 177-190 Endogenizing Sen's capabilities: An adaptive dynamic analysis
by D'Agata, Antonio
- 191-203 Reciprocity, social ties, and competition in markets for experience goods
by Huck, Steffen & Tyran, Jean-Robert
- 204-232 Contingent valuation controversies: Philosophic debates about economic theory
by Veisten, Knut
- 233-249 Are people inequality averse, and do they prefer redistribution by the state?: Evidence from German longitudinal data on life satisfaction
by Schwarze, Johannes & Harpfer, Marco
- 250-265 Why pay extra? Tipping and the importance of social norms and feelings in economic theory
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 266-274 An analysis of parochialism at the JPE and QJE
by Medoff, Marshall H.
- 275-287 Socio-demographic determinants of disabled people: An empirical approach based on the European Community Household Panel
by Pascual, Marta & Cantarero, David
- 288-310 Does sickness absence increase the risk of unemployment?
by Hesselius, Patrik
- 311-329 Modeling the ultra-pure quartz exploitation in northeastern madagascar: Impact of the activity on the socio-economical situation of the population
by Andriamasinoro, Fenintsoa & Angel, Jean-Michel
- 330-333 R.J. Shiller, The New Financial Order: Risk in the 21st Century, Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford (2003) (p. 366, ISBN 0-691-09172-2)
by Goldenberg, David H.
2007, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-14 Relative thinking theory
by Azar, Ofer H.
- 15-35 Individual learning in different social contexts
by Novarese, Marco
- 36-47 The framing of financial windfalls and implications for public policy
by Epley, Nicholas & Gneezy, Ayelet
- 48-57 Morale and the evolution of norms
by Teraji, Shinji
- 58-72 The evolution of social norms: With managerial implications
by Kolstad, Ivar
- 73-89 The economics of solidarity: A conceptual framework
by Kritikos, Alexander S. & Bolle, Friedel & Tan, Jonathan H.W.
- 90-101 Social preferences in wage bargaining: A corporatist approach
by Autiero, Giuseppina & Bruno, Bruna
- 102-117 `Choice' in collective decision-making processes: Instrumental or expressive approval?
by Jones, Philip & Dawson, Peter
- 118-127 From homo economicus to homo corporativus: A neglected critique of neoclassical economics
by Bastien, Carlos & Cardoso, Jose Luis
- 128-143 Social capital accumulation and the evolution of social participation
by Antoci, Angelo & Sacco, Pier Luigi & Vanin, Paolo
- 144-160 The tree of science and original sin: Do christian religious beliefs constrain the supply of scientists?
by Granger, Maury D. & Price, Gregory N.
- 161-163 S.M. Jacoby, The Embedded Corporation: Corporate Governance and Employment Relations in Japan and the United States, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2005) (248 pp., $35.00 (hardcover), ISBN 0-691-11999-6)
by Budd, John W.
- 163-165 D. Levine and A. Rizvi, Poverty, Work and Freedom: Political Economy and the Moral Order, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (2005) (Price: $65.00, 159 pp., ISBN 9780521848268)
by Wight, Jonathan B.
2006, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 933-945 Measuring Australia's well-being using hierarchical needs
by Clarke, Matthew & Islam, Sardar M.N. & Paech, Sally
- 946-958 A tale of two regions: Novgorod and Pskov as models of symbolic development
by Petro, Nicolai N.
- 959-979 Evaluating economic theories of NPOs: A survey, a case study and some new directions for socio-economics
by Wallis, Joe
- 980-991 Terror and trade of individual investors
by Levy, Ori & Galili, Itai
- 992-1013 Does volunteer work pay off in the labor market?
by Prouteau, Lionel & Wolff, Francois-Charles
- 1014-1031 Group egoism; investigating collective action and individual rationality
by Tullberg, Jan
- 1032-1049 Cognitive dissonance and risk denial: The case of cannabis use in adolescents
by Peretti-Watel, Patrick
- 1050-1060 A basic model for multiple self
by Bazin, Damien & Ballet, Jerome
- 1061-1077 Customer-based discrimination against major league baseball players: Additional evidence from All-star ballots
by Depken II, Craig A. & Ford, Jon M.
- 1078-1091 Leadership, personality and effectiveness
by Andersen, Jon Aarum
- 1092-1094 G.L.H. Svendsen and G.T. Svendsen, The Creation and Destruction of Social Capital: Entrepreneurship, Co-operative Movements and Institutions, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2004) (207 pp., ISBN: 1-84376-616-7)
by Davidsson, Per
- 1094-1096 J. Pixley, Emotions in Finance: Distrust and Uncertainty in Global Markets, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (2004) (228 pp., $24.00, ISBN 0-521-53508-5 (paperback))
by Andersson, Patric
2006, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 759-779 The male/female earnings gap and female self-employment
by Leung, Danny
- 780-796 Gender differences in the reemployment status of displaced workers human capital as signals that mitigate effects of bias
by Koeber, Charles & Wright, David W.
- 797-812 Marriage and female labour supply in Brunei Darussalam: A case study of urban women in Bandar Seri Begawan
by Anaman, Kwabena A. & Kassim, Hartinie M.
- 813-835 Dynamic behaviour in tax evasion: An experimental approach
by Mittone, Luigi
- 836-853 With a little help from an anchor: Discussion and evidence of anchoring effects in contingent valuation
by van Exel, N.J.A. & Brouwer, W.B.F. & van den Berg, B. & Koopmanschap, M.A.
- 854-867 Church organists: Analysing their willingness to play
by Webber, Don J. & Freke, Martin
- 868-876 A panel data analysis of the impact of trade on human development
by Davies, Antony & Quinlivan, Gary
- 877-888 History versus expectations: Increasing returns or social influence?
by Wirl, Franz & Feichtinger, Gustav