March 2007, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 247-259 Social learning by doing in sustainable transport innovations: Ex-post analysis of common factors behind successes and failures
by van den Bergh, J.C.J.M. & van Leeuwen, E.S. & Oosterhuis, F.H. & Rietveld, P. & Verhoef, E.T.
- 260-273 Relative efficiency of R&D activities: A cross-country study accounting for environmental factors in the DEA approach
by Wang, Eric C. & Huang, Weichiao
- 274-287 The structure of invention
by Arthur, W. Brian
- 288-302 The impact of cognitive communities on the diffusion of academic knowledge: Evidence from the networks of inventors of a French university
by Hussler, Caroline & Ronde, Patrick
February 2007, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-2 Editorial
by Bell, Martin & Callon, Michel & Grupp, Hariolf & Kodama, Fumio & Kuhlmann, Stefan & Martin, Ben & Powell, Walter & Thomke, Stefan & von Tunzelmann, Nick
- 3-36 Global R&D activities of Japanese MNCs in the US: A triangulation approach
by Kurokawa, Sam & Iwata, Satoshi & Roberts, Edward B.
- 37-55 Developing reputation to overcome the imperfections in the markets for knowledge
by Lichtenthaler, Ulrich & Ernst, Holger
- 56-75 Women in interdisciplinary science: Exploring preferences and consequences
by Rhoten, Diana & Pfirman, Stephanie
- 76-87 Technology parks and regional economic growth in China
by Hu, Albert Guangzhou
- 88-106 The innovative behaviour of tourism firms--Comparative studies of Denmark and Spain
by Sundbo, Jon & Orfila-Sintes, Francina & Sorensen, Flemming
- 107-120 Invention in the city: Increasing returns to patenting as a scaling function of metropolitan size
by Bettencourt, Luis M.A. & Lobo, Jose & Strumsky, Deborah
- 121-133 Trade in disembodied technology and total factor productivity in OECD countries
by Mendi, Pedro
- 134-154 On sharks, trolls, and their patent prey--Unrealistic damage awards and firms' strategies of "being infringed"
by Reitzig, Markus & Henkel, Joachim & Heath, Christopher
- 155-156 D. Vinck, Editor, Everyday Engineering: An Ethnography of Design and Innovation, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (2003)
by Ramani, Shyama V.
December 2006, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1441-1449 Triple Helix indicators of knowledge-based innovation systems: Introduction to the special issue
by Leydesdorff, Loet & Meyer, Martin
- 1450-1464 The relationships between science, technologies and their industrial exploitation: An illustration through the myths and realities of the so-called `European Paradox'
by Dosi, Giovanni & Llerena, Patrick & Labini, Mauro Sylos
- 1465-1476 Paths of commercial knowledge: Forms and consequences of university-enterprise synergy in scientist-sponsored firms
by Shinn, Terry & Lamy, Erwan
- 1477-1498 Creating venture capital industries that co-evolve with high tech: Insights from an extended industry life cycle perspective of the Israeli experience
by Avnimelech, Gil & Teubal, Morris
- 1499-1508 Exploring the knowledge filter: How entrepreneurship and university-industry relationships drive economic growth
by Mueller, Pamela
- 1509-1521 The ex ante assessment of knowledge spillovers: Government R&D policy, economic incentives and private firm behavior
by Feldman, Maryann P. & Kelley, Maryellen R.
- 1522-1537 Knowledge economy measurement: Methods, results and insights from the Malaysian Knowledge Content Study
by Shapira, Philip & Youtie, Jan & Yogeesvaran, K. & Jaafar, Zakiah
- 1538-1553 Measuring the knowledge base of regional innovation systems in Germany in terms of a Triple Helix dynamics
by Leydesdorff, Loet & Fritsch, Michael
- 1554-1568 Measuring the performance of Oxford University, Oxford Brookes University and the government laboratories' spin-off companies
by Lawton Smith, H. & Ho, K.
- 1569-1585 Universities and industrially relevant science: Towards measurement models and indicators of entrepreneurial orientation
by Tijssen, Robert J.W.
- 1586-1598 Indicators and outcomes of Canadian university research: Proxies becoming goals?
by Langford, Cooper H. & Hall, Jeremy & Josty, Peter & Matos, Stelvia & Jacobson, Astrid
- 1599-1615 Why are some university researchers more likely to create spin-offs than others? Evidence from Canadian universities
by Landry, Rejean & Amara, Nabil & Rherrad, Imad
- 1616-1630 University-industry interactions in applied research: The case of microelectronics
by Balconi, Margherita & Laboranti, Andrea
- 1631-1645 Academic versus industry patenting: An in-depth analysis of what determines patent value
by Sapsalis, Eleftherios & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno & Navon, Ran
- 1646-1662 Are patenting scientists the better scholars?: An exploratory comparison of inventor-authors with their non-inventing peers in nano-science and technology
by Meyer, Martin
November 2006, Volume 35, Issue 9
- 1261-1272 How to allocate R&D (and other) subsidies: An experimentally tested policy recommendation
by Giebe, Thomas & Grebe, Tim & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 1273-1290 Convergent designs in fine fashion: An evolutionary model for stylistic innovation
by Cappetta, Rossella & Cillo, Paola & Ponti, Anna
- 1291-1313 How user innovations become commercial products: A theoretical investigation and case study
by Baldwin, Carliss & Hienerth, Christoph & von Hippel, Eric
- 1314-1328 Agency problem, institutions, and technology policy: Explaining Taiwan's semiconductor industry development
by Ouyang, Hongwu Sam
- 1329-1346 Explaining the "University-run enterprises" in China: A theoretical framework for university-industry relationship in developing countries and its application to China
by Eun, Jong-Hak & Lee, Keun & Wu, Guisheng
- 1347-1361 The incidence of cross-licensing: A theory and new evidence on the firm and contract level determinants
by Nagaoka, Sadao & Kwon, Hyeog Ug
- 1362-1376 Research quality and efficiency: An analysis of assessments and management issues in Dutch economics and business research programs
by Groot, Tom & Garcia-Valderrama, Teresa
- 1377-1388 The role of technological management as a source of innovation: Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by Huergo, Elena
- 1389-1422 Transformative technology and institutional transformation: Coevolution of biotechnology venture firms and the institutional framework in Japan
by Lynskey, Michael J.
- 1423-1440 Patent systems for encouraging innovation: Lessons from economic analysis
by Encaoua, David & Guellec, Dominique & Martinez, Catalina
October 2006, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1091-1099 Introduction to the research policy 20th anniversary special issue of the publication of "Profiting from Innovation" by David J. Teece
by Chesbrough, Henry & Birkinshaw, Julian & Teubal, Morris
- 1100-1106 The logic of appropriability: From Schumpeter to Arrow to Teece
by Winter, Sidney G.
- 1107-1109 Reflections of David Teece's "Profiting from technological innovation..."
by Nelson, Richard R.
- 1110-1121 How much should society fuel the greed of innovators?: On the relations between appropriability, opportunities and rates of innovation
by Dosi, G. & Marengo, L. & Pasquali, C.
- 1122-1130 Profiting from innovation and the intellectual property revolution
by Pisano, Gary
- 1131-1146 Reflections on "Profiting from Innovation"
by Teece, David J.
- 1147-1165 Entry and competitive dynamics in the mobile telecommunications market
by He, Zi-Lin & Lim, Kwanghui & Wong, Poh-Kam
- 1166-1199 In search of complementary assets: The determinants of alliance formation of high-tech start-ups
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila
- 1200-1221 Benefiting from innovation: Value creation, value appropriation and the role of industry architectures
by Jacobides, Michael G. & Knudsen, Thorbjorn & Augier, Mie
- 1222-1242 Profiting from technological innovation by others: The effect of competitor patenting on firm value
by McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 1243-1259 A man on the inside: Unlocking communities as complementary assets
by Dahlander, Linus & Wallin, Martin W.
September 2006, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 893-909 Indicators for complex innovation systems
by Katz, J. Sylvan
- 910-924 Macro-economic consequences of European research policy: Prospects of the Nemesis model in the year 2030
by Brecard, Dorothee & Fougeyrollas, Arnaud & Le Mouel, Pierre & Lemiale, Lionel & Zagame, Paul
- 925-952 Toward a systematic framework for research on dominant designs, technological innovations, and industrial change
by Murmann, Johann Peter & Frenken, Koen
- 953-969 Selective revealing in open innovation processes: The case of embedded Linux
by Henkel, Joachim
- 970-974 PublicationHarvester: An open-source software tool for science policy research
by Azoulay, Pierre & Stellman, Andrew & Zivin, Joshua Graff
- 975-993 Design and the management of multi-institutional research collaborations: Theoretical implications from two case studies
by Corley, Elizabeth A. & Boardman, P. Craig & Bozeman, Barry
- 994-1017 Complexity, networks and knowledge flow
by Sorenson, Olav & Rivkin, Jan W. & Fleming, Lee
- 1018-1036 The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers
by Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip
- 1037-1051 Innovation in services in networks of organizations and in the distribution of services
by de Vries, Erik J.
- 1052-1068 National institutions, public-private knowledge flows, and innovation performance: A comparative study of the biotechnology industry in the US and France
by Gittelman, Michelle
- 1069-1082 The hygienic transition from cesspools to sewer systems (1840-1930): The dynamics of regime transformation
by Geels, Frank W.
- 1083-1090 Education, political institutions and innovative activity: A cross-country empirical investigation
by Varsakelis, Nikos C.
July 2006, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 767-771 Property and the pursuit of knowledge: IPR issues affecting scientific research
by David, Paul A. & Hall, Bronwyn H.
- 772-789 Patenting and US academic research in the 20th century: The world before and after Bayh-Dole
by Sampat, Bhaven N.
- 790-807 University patenting and its effects on academic research: The emerging European evidence
by Geuna, Aldo & Nesta, Lionel J.J.
- 808-824 The impact of stronger intellectual property rights on science and technology in developing countries
by Forero-Pineda, Clemente
- 825-838 Intellectual property protection mechanisms in research partnerships
by Hertzfeld, Henry R. & Link, Albert N. & Vonortas, Nicholas S.
- 839-853 Inside the Anticommons: Academic scientists' struggle to build a commercially self-supporting human mutations database, 1999-2001
by Maurer, Stephen M.
- 854-874 Limits to database protection: Fair use and scientific research exemptions
by Sanders, Anselm Kamperman
- 875-892 Proprietary versus public domain licensing of software and research products
by Gambardella, Alfonso & Hall, Bronwyn H.
June 2006, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 609-625 Innovation processes in large technical systems: Market liberalization as a driver for radical change?
by Markard, Jochen & Truffer, Bernhard
- 626-641 Survivor: The role of innovation in firms' survival
by Cefis, Elena & Marsili, Orietta
- 642-654 Mergers and acquisitions: Their effect on the innovative performance of companies in high-tech industries
by Cloodt, Myriam & Hagedoorn, John & Van Kranenburg, Hans
- 655-672 Motives to patent: Empirical evidence from Germany
by Blind, Knut & Edler, Jakob & Frietsch, Rainer & Schmoch, Ulrich
- 673-690 Buyer-vendor relations for components: The extreme example of custom integrated circuits
by Gerwin, Donald
- 691-714 The soil sciences in India: Policy lessons for agricultural innovation
by Raina, Rajeswari S. & Sangar, Sunita & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Hall, Andrew J.
- 715-728 Intermediation and the role of intermediaries in innovation
by Howells, Jeremy
- 729-744 The challenge of greening technologies--Environmental policy integration in Finnish technology policies
by Kivimaa, Paula & Mickwitz, Per
- 745-766 Emergence and development of the National Innovation Systems concept
by Sharif, Naubahar
May 2006, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 463-480 The network of innovators in Jena: An application of social network analysis
by Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger
- 481-501 University spin-out companies and venture capital
by Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Clarysse, Bart & Binks, Martin
- 502-517 The innovative performance of in-house and contracted R&D in terms of patents and utility models
by Beneito, Pilar
- 518-532 Institutional changes and the commercialization of academic knowledge: A study of Italian universities' patenting activities between 1965 and 2002
by Baldini, Nicola & Grimaldi, Rosa & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 533-544 Internet adoption in Italian banks: An empirical investigation
by Corrocher, Nicoletta
- 545-561 Innovation in project-based firms: The context dependency of success factors
by Blindenbach-Driessen, Floortje & van den Ende, Jan
- 562-580 The value of innovation: The interaction of competition, R&D and IP
by Greenhalgh, Christine & Rogers, Mark
- 581-595 Towards alternative trajectories? Reconfigurations in the Dutch electricity regime
by Raven, Rob P.J.M.
- 596-608 Publication and patent behavior of academic researchers: Conflicting, reinforcing or merely co-existing?
by Van Looy, Bart & Callaert, Julie & Debackere, Koenraad
April 2006, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 343-354 Application of real options analysis for pharmaceutical R&D project valuation--Empirical results from a survey
by Hartmann, Marcus & Hassan, Ali
- 355-374 Strategic risk management using complementary assets: Organizational capabilities and the commercialization of human genetic testing in the UK
by Hopkins, Michael M. & Nightingale, Paul
- 375-393 Commercializing generic technology: The case of advanced materials ventures
by Maine, Elicia & Garnsey, Elizabeth
- 394-411 Increasing complexity and limits of organization in the microlithography industry: implications for science-based industries
by Chuma, Hiroyuki
- 412-430 Interregional inventor networks as studied by patent coinventorships
by Ejermo, Olof & Karlsson, Charlie
- 431-446 Inter-firm R&D partnering in pharmaceutical biotechnology since 1975: Trends, patterns, and networks
by Roijakkers, Nadine & Hagedoorn, John
- 447-462 On the innovativeness of foreign affiliates: Evidence from companies in The Netherlands
by Sadowski, Bert M. & Sadowski-Rasters, Gaby
March 2006, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 181-199 Measuring the knowledge base of an economy in terms of triple-helix relations among 'technology, organization, and territory'
by Leydesdorff, Loet & Dolfsma, Wilfred & Van der Panne, Gerben
- 200-212 Ownership matters: Intellectual Property, privatization and innovation
by Molas-Gallart, Jordi & Tang, Puay
- 213-229 The fruit flies of innovations: A taxonomy of innovative small firms
by de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & Marsili, Orietta
- 230-246 Does technological diversification promote innovation?: An empirical analysis for European firms
by Garcia-Vega, Maria
- 247-265 Beyond known uncertainties: Interventions at the fuel-engine interface
by Taminiau, Yvette
- 266-288 Innovation and productivity in developing countries: A study of Argentine manufacturing firms' behavior (1992-2001)
by Chudnovsky, Daniel & Lopez, Andres & Pupato, German
- 289-308 Conceptualising the heterogeneity of research-based spin-offs: A multi-dimensional taxonomy
by Mustar, Philippe & Renault, Marie & Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila & Fontes, Margarida & Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike & Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie
- 309-323 Factors affecting university-industry R&D projects: The importance of searching, screening and signalling
by Fontana, Roberto & Geuna, Aldo & Matt, Mireille
- 324-342 Comparing firms' triadic patent applications across countries: Is there a gap in terms of R&D effort or a gap in terms of performances?
by Baudry, Marc & Dumont, Beatrice
February 2006, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-23 Exploration and exploitation in innovation systems: The case of pharmaceutical biotechnology
by Gilsing, Victor & Nooteboom, Bart
- 24-36 The role of corporate scientists in innovation
by Furukawa, Ryuzo & Goto, Akira
- 37-55 Faculty support for the objectives of university-industry relations versus degree of R&D cooperation: The importance of regional absorptive capacity
by Azagra-Caro, Joaquin M. & Archontakis, Fragiskos & Gutierrez-Gracia, Antonio & Fernandez-de-Lucio, Ignacio
- 56-67 Internationalization of innovation systems: A survey of the literature
by Carlsson, Bo
- 68-82 Competition and innovation behaviour
by Tang, Jianmin
- 83-104 The emergence of China as a leading nation in science
by Zhou, Ping & Leydesdorff, Loet
- 105-120 Marketing/R&D integration in the pharmaceutical industry
by Becker, Markus C. & Lillemark, Morten
- 121-143 Characterizing the technology firm: An exploratory study
by Grinstein, Amir & Goldman, Arieh
- 144-159 Socio-political factors and the failure of innovation policy in Croatia as a country in transition
by Svarc, Jadranka
- 160-180 Corporate governance and innovation: The UK compared with the US and 'insider' economies
by Tylecote, Andrew & Ramirez, Paulina
December 2005, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1457-1475 Innovation and network structural dynamics: Study of the alliance network of a major sector of the biotechnology industry
by Gay, Brigitte & Dousset, Bernard
- 1476-1490 Endogenous technical advance and the stochastic trend in output: A neoclassical approach
by Reikard, Gordon
- 1491-1510 The governance of sustainable socio-technical transitions
by Smith, Adrian & Stirling, Andy & Berkhout, Frans
- 1511-1532 Copyright or copyleft?: An analysis of property regimes for software development
by de Laat, Paul B.
- 1533-1549 The industrial dynamics of Open Innovation--Evidence from the transformation of consumer electronics
by Christensen, Jens Froslev & Olesen, Michael Holm & Kjaer, Jonas Sorth
- 1550-1569 Innovators and imitators: Organizational reference groups and adoption of organizational routines
by Massini, Silvia & Lewin, Arie Y. & Greve, Henrich R.
- 1570-1590 Technological development and political stability: Patenting in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Waguespack, David Matthew & Birnir, Johanna Kristin & Schroeder, Jeff
- 1591-1607 Inventive progress measured by multi-stage patent citation analysis
by von Wartburg, Iwan & Teichert, Thorsten & Rost, Katja
- 1608-1618 Network structure, self-organization, and the growth of international collaboration in science
by Wagner, Caroline S. & Leydesdorff, Loet
- 1619-1632 The diffusion of ideas in the academy: A quantitative illustration from economics
by Hargreaves Heap, Shaun P. & Parikh, Ashok
November 2005, Volume 34, Issue 9
- 1283-1304 Emergent innovation systems and the delivery of clinical services: The case of intra-ocular lenses
by Metcalfe, J.S. & James, Andrew & Mina, Andrea
- 1305-1321 The impact of virtual simulation tools on problem-solving and new product development organization
by Becker, Markus C. & Salvatore, Pasquale & Zirpoli, Francesco
- 1322-1349 National innovative capacity in East Asia
by Hu, Mei-Chih & Mathews, John A.
- 1350-1365 On the road again: Researcher mobility inside the R&D network
by Criscuolo, Paola
- 1366-1384 Policy entrepreneurship in the co-evolution of institutions, preferences, and technology: Comparing the diffusion of totally chlorine free pulp bleaching technologies in the US and Sweden
by Reinstaller, Andreas
- 1385-1403 Do financial constraints hold back innovation and growth?: Evidence on the role of public policy
by Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto
- 1404-1418 Opportunity knocks
by Astebro, Thomas B. & Dahlin, Kristina B.
- 1419-1439 Modularity and innovation in knowledge-intensive business services: IT outsourcing in Germany and the UK
by Miozzo, Marcela & Grimshaw, Damian
- 1440-1452 Technology and the generation of international knowledge spillovers: An application to Spanish manufacturing firms
by Alvarez, Isabel & Molero, Jose
- 1453-1454 In: W.A.H. Thissen and P.M. Herder, Editors, Critical Infrastructures: State of the Art in Research and Application, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston/Dordrecht/London (2003) (304 pp., [UK pound] 81.00, ISBN 1-4020-7601-0)
by Brady, Tim
- 1454-1456 A. Grubler, N. Nakicenovic and W.D. Nordhaus, Editors, Technological Change and the Environment, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC (2002) (388 pp., Price US$ 49.00, ISBN 1 891853 465)
by Berkhout, Frans
October 2005, Volume 34, Issue 8
- 1123-1127 Regionalization of innovation policy--Introduction to the special issue
by Fritsch, Michael & Stephan, Andreas
- 1128-1149 Regionally asymmetric knowledge capabilities and open innovation: Exploring 'Globalisation 2'--A new model of industry organisation
by Cooke, Phil
- 1150-1172 Innovation in regions: What does really matter?
by Ronde, Patrick & Hussler, Caroline
- 1173-1190 Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters
by Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars
- 1191-1202 Does the Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship hold for regions?
by Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E.
- 1203-1219 One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach
by Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela
- 1220-1234 Innovation and regional economic development: A matter of perspective?
by Howells, Jeremy
- 1235-1249 Constructing jurisdictional advantage
by Feldman, Maryann & Martin, Roger
- 1250-1268 How to institutionalize innovative clusters? Comparing explicit top-down and implicit bottom-up approaches
by Fromhold-Eisebith, Martina & Eisebith, Gunter
- 1269-1282 Contests for cooperation--A new approach in German innovation policy
by Eickelpasch, Alexander & Fritsch, Michael
September 2005, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 981-993 The creation of spin-off firms at public research institutions: Managerial and policy implications
by Lockett, Andy & Siegel, Donald & Wright, Mike & Ensley, Michael D.
- 994-1009 Entrepreneurial orientation, technology transfer and spinoff performance of U.S. universities
by O'Shea, Rory P. & Allen, Thomas J. & Chevalier, Arnaud & Roche, Frank
- 1010-1027 Institutional change and resource endowments to science-based entrepreneurial firms
by Moray, Nathalie & Clarysse, Bart
- 1028-1042 Policy orientation effects on performance with licensing to start-ups and small companies
by Powers, Joshua B. & McDougall, Patricia
- 1043-1057 Resources, capabilities, risk capital and the creation of university spin-out companies
by Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike
- 1058-1075 Innovation speed: Transferring university technology to market
by Markman, Gideon D. & Gianiodis, Peter T. & Phan, Phillip H. & Balkin, David B.
- 1076-1090 Incubator firm failure or graduation?: The role of university linkages
by Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie
- 1091-1105 A comparative study of new venture top management team composition, dynamics and performance between university-based and independent start-ups
by Ensley, Michael D. & Hmieleski, Keith M.
- 1106-1112 Opening the ivory tower's door: An analysis of the determinants of the formation of U.S. university spin-off companies
by Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T.
- 1113-1122 University spillovers and new firm location
by Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E. & Warning, Susanne
August 2005, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 759-783 Knowledge diffusion, market segmentation and technological catch-up: The case of the telecommunication industry in China
by Mu, Qing & Lee, Keun
- 784-794 Peering inside research networks: Some observations on the effect of the intensity of collaboration on the variability of research quality
by Rigby, J. & Edler, J.
- 795-816 Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca
- 817-835 Mapping innovation dynamics in hospitals
by Djellal, Faridah & Gallouj, FaIz
- 836-851 Why do firms acquire technology?: The example of DSM's ammonia plants, 1925-1970
by Rooij, Arjan van
- 852-871 Digital copyright and the "new" controversy: Is the law moulding technology and innovation?
by Tang, Puay
- 872-893 Characteristics of Brazilian innovative firms: An empirical analysis based on PINTEC--industrial research on technological innovation
by Kannebley, Sergio Jr. & Porto, Geciane S. & Pazello, Elaine Toldo
- 894-913 Financing new ventures in China: System antecedents and institutionalization
by White, Steven & Gao, Jian & Zhang, Wei
- 914-931 Schumpeter's legacy: A new perspective on the relationship between firm size and R&D
by Lee, Chang-Yang & Sung, Taeyoon
- 932-950 Industry funding and university professors' research performance
by Gulbrandsen, Magnus & Smeby, Jens-Christian
- 951-965 User-innovators and "local" information: The case of mountain biking
by Luthje, Christian & Herstatt, Cornelius & von Hippel, Eric
- 966-976 Does R&D performance decline with firm size?--A re-examination in terms of elasticity
by Tsai, Kuen-Hung & Wang, Jiann-Chyuan
- 977-978 In: E. Lee and M. Vivarelli, Editors, Understanding Globalization, Employment and Poverty Reduction, Palgrave Macmillan (2004) (p. 408, Price [UK pound]65.00, ISBN 1-4039-4149-1)
by Vaona, Andrea
- 978-980 R. Narula, Globalization and Technology: Interdependence, Innovation Systems and Industrial Policy, Polity Press, Cambridge, UK (2003) (243 pp., price [UK pound]16.99, ISBN 0 74562 457 X)
by Frenz, M.
June 2005, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 583-594 University-industry collaborations in Japan: The role of new technology-based firms in transforming the National Innovation System
by Motohashi, Kazuyuki
- 595-613 Do knowledge conditions make a difference?: Investment, finance and ownership in German industries
by Audretsch, David B. & Weigand, Jurgen
- 615-639 When do incumbents learn from entrepreneurial ventures?: Corporate venture capital and investing firm innovation rates
by Dushnitsky, Gary & Lenox, Michael J.
- 641-656 Patents versus ex post rewards: A new look
by Penin, Julien
- 657-672 Partnering to explore: The Renault-Nissan Alliance as a forerunner of new cooperative patterns
by Segrestin, Blanche
- 673-681 FDI, transfer pricing and the measurement of R&D intensity
by Barry, Frank
- 683-701 Exploring the role of proximity in SME knowledge-acquisition
by Davenport, Sally
- 703-716 Highly innovative small firms in the markets for technology
by Hicks, Diana & Hegde, Deepak
- 717-737 When is an invention really radical?: Defining and measuring technological radicalness
by Dahlin, Kristina B. & Behrens, Dean M.
- 739-757 The renewal of regional capabilities: Experimental regionalism in Germany
by Heidenreich, Martin
May 2005, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 395-410 Foreign direct investment in industrial research and development: A study of German MNCs
by Ambos, Bjorn
- 411-424 Towards "meta-innovation" in Brazil: The evolution of the incubator and the emergence of a triple helix
by Etzkowitz, Henry & de Mello, Jose Manoel Carvalho & Almeida, Mariza
- 425-440 A dynamic analytic approach to national innovation systems: The IC industry in Taiwan
by Lee, Ting-Lin & von Tunzelmann, Nick
- 441-460 Liberalization, outward orientation and in-house R&D activity of multinational and local firms: A quantitative exploration for Indian manufacturing
by Kumar, Nagesh & Aggarwal, Aradhna
- 461-480 The dynamics of technological change in UK retail banking services: An evolutionary perspective
by Consoli, Davide
- 481-493 Relationships between open source software companies and communities: Observations from Nordic firms
by Dahlander, Linus & Magnusson, Mats G.
- 495-516 On research efficiency: A micro-analysis of Dutch university research in Economics and Business Management
by Cherchye, L. & Abeele, P. Vanden
- 517-535 Innovation in the service sector: The demand for service-specific innovation measurement concepts and typologies
by Hipp, Christiane & Grupp, Hariolf
- 537-554 Fostering entrepreneurship: Changing role of government and higher education governance in Hong Kong
by Mok, Ka Ho
- 555-570 Variability in organisational forms of biotechnology firms
by Luukkonen, Terttu
- 571-582 Does being R&D intensive still discourage outsourcing?: Evidence from Dutch manufacturing
by Mol, Michael J.
April 2005, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 253-257 University-based technology initiatives: Quantitative and qualitative evidence
by Link, Albert N. & Siegel, Donald S.
- 259-285 Scientific teams and institutional collaborations: Evidence from U.S. universities, 1981-1999
by Adams, James D. & Black, Grant C. & Clemmons, J. Roger & Stephan, Paula E.
- 287-303 The disaggregated technology production function: A new model of university and corporate research
by Tassey, Gregory
- 305-320 University-incubator firm knowledge flows: assessing their impact on incubator firm performance
by Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie
- 321-342 The role of academic technology transfer organizations in improving industry science links
by Debackere, Koenraad & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 343-347 Do University policies make a difference?
by Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E.
- 349-367 Academic careers, patents, and productivity: industry experience as scientific and technical human capital
by Dietz, James S. & Bozeman, Barry
- 369-384 Assessing the relative performance of U.K. university technology transfer offices: parametric and non-parametric evidence
by Chapple, Wendy & Lockett, Andy & Siegel, Donald & Wright, Mike
- 385-393 Universities as partners in U.S. research joint ventures
by Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T.
March 2005, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 125-140 Dependency, resource depth, and supplier performance during industry downturn
by Laamanen, Tomi