Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:bushor. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/bushor .
1985, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 28-37 What's wrong with plant-closing legislation and industrial policy
by Chrisman, James J. & Carroll, Archie B. & Gatewood, Elizabeth J.
- 38-42 Thinking of opening your own business? Be prepared!
by Kennedy, Carson R.
- 43-49 Joint sales promotion: An emerging marketing tool
by Varadarajan, P. Rajan
- 50-59 Improving salesforce productivity
by LaForge, Raymond W. & Cravens, David W. & Young, Clifford E.
- 60-64 ABC = auditing business communications
by Campbell, Mary Ellen & Hollmann, Robert W.
- 65-70 A systems approach to business intelligence
by Gilad, Benny & Gilad, Tamar
- 71-77 Decision support systems: Strategic management tools for the eighties
by Reimann, Bernard C.
- 78-79 University-industry research interactions : edited by Herbert I. Fusfeld and Carmela S. Haklisch Pergamon Press, 1984
by Meyer, E. Gerald
- 79-80 Civil rights: Rhetoric or reality? : by Thomas Sowell William Morrow, 1984
by Baye, Michael R.
- 80-81 Shaping an American institution: Robert E. Wood and Sears, Roebuck : by James C. Worthy University of Illinois Press, 1984
by Hawley, Ellis W.
- 81-81 Advertising, the uneasy persuasion: Its dubious impact on American Society : by Michael Schudson Basic Books, Inc., 1984
by Norton, Nancy P.
1985, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 2-8 Impassioned excellence
by Hartley, Joseph R.
- 9-14 The caveats in mentorship
by Myers, Donald W. & Humphreys, Neil J.
- 15-22 How unions view gainsharing
by Ross, Timothy L. & Hatcher, Larry L. & Adams, Dan B.
- 23-29 In defense of enlightened hardball management
by Muczyk, Jan P. & Hastings, Robert E.
- 30-34 Knowing the ropes: Organizational requirements for quality circles
by Smeltzer, Larry R. & Kedia, Ben L.
- 35-41 It doesn't need to be dull to be good: How to improve staff presentations
by Wiegand, Richard
- 42-47 Dangerous territory: The societal marketing concept revisited
by Gaski, John F.
- 48-53 Forecasting "laws" for management
by Flores, Benito E. & Whybark, D. Clay
- 54-62 Strategic planning: Fulfilling the promise
by Rosenberg, Larry J. & Schewe, Charles D.
- 63-67 Uncle Remus meets regulatory reform: The brier-patch phenomenon
by Worrell, Dan L. & Gray, Edmund R.
- 68-75 Cutbacks, layoffs, and other obscenities: Making human resource decisions
by Perry, Lee Tom
- 76-81 Eliminating the gender-based earning gap: Two alternatives
by Carlson, Barbara Mackey & McEnrue, Mary Pat
- 82-86 Evaluating comparable worth: Three perspectives
by Rynes, Sara & Rosen, Benson & Mahoney, Thomas A.
1985, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 2-9 An economist's last hurrah
by Bunke, Harvey C.
- 10-10 A note of appreciation
by Wentworth, Jack R.
- 11-20 Building a strong legal strategy
by Sturdivant, Frederick D. & Green, Charles H.
- 21-26 Beyond the corporation: Who represents business to the government and public?
by Useem, Michael
- 27-31 The control gap at the top
by Aggarwal, Sumer C. & Aggarwal, Vimla S.
- 32-40 Advertising regulation: Fiddling with the FTC while the world burns
by Boddewyn, J. J.
- 41-43 The fine art of dealing with CEOs
by Limpert, John Jr.
- 44-52 Quality counts in services, too
by Berry, Leonard L. & Zeithaml, Valarie A. & Parasuraman, A.
- 53-58 The case for merit bonuses
by Overstreet, James S.
- 59-68 Solving the double bind in performance appraisal: A saga of wolves, sloths, and eagles
by Edwards, Mark R. & Borman, Walter C. & Sproull, J. Ruth
- 69-73 Puzzles or problems? Cutting through the manager's dilemma
by Chimezie, A. B. & Osigweh, Yg.
- 74-80 How robotization affects people
by Hollon, Charles J. & Rogol, George N.
- 81-86 Careers, marriage, and children: Are women changing their minds?
by Banbury-Masland, Brooke & Brass, Daniel J.
1985, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 2-8 The editor's chair What's wrong with Latin America?
by Lombardi, John V.
- 9-16 The dogma of growth: A re-examination
by Funkhouser, G. Ray & R. Rothberg, Robert
- 17-21 The increasing risks and responsibilities of the bank director's role
by Knapp, Michael C.
- 22-29 At-home shopping: Will consumers let their computers do the walking?
by Moschis, George P. & Goldstucker, Jac L. & Stanley, Thomas J.
- 30-37 SERPs come of age
by Thurman, William Jr. & West, Richard R.
- 38-45 Making it happen: How to execute an acquisition
by Willensky, David R.
- 46-52 Searching for investments--the race is on, the runners should be wary
by Weigand, Robert E.
- 53-62 How companies use University-based executive development programs
by Schrader, Albert W.
- 63-80 Business facts for decision makers: Where to find them
by Milutinovich, Jugoslav S.
- 81-87 Folded, spindled, and mutilated: Economic analysis and U.S. v. IBM
by Fisher, Franklin M. & McGowan, John J. & Greenwood, Joen E.
1985, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 2-6 Business ethics, by the book
by Pastin, Mark
- 7-11 The right kind of business advocacy
by Fox, Karen F. A. & Calder, Bobby J.
- 12-19 Finding a way through the venture capital maze
by Bruno, Albert V. & Tyebjee, Tyzoon T. & Anderson, James C.
- 20-25 The mystique of the MBA degree
by Gannon, Martin J. & Arlow, Peter
- 26-34 The managerial clerk syndrome
by Larson, Richard W. & Fielden, John S.
- 35-38 Crisis communications: Planning for the unplanned
by Dilenschneider, R. L. & Hyde, Richard C.
- 39-41 Fringe benefits at the Burr Hamilton Bank
by Gray, Andrew
- 42-47 A new corporate weapon against terrorism
by Harvey, Michael
- 48-53 Executive compensation: Performance and patience
by Platt, Harlan D. & McCarthy, Daniel J.
- 54-58 Is the social drinker killing your company?
by Beeman, Don R.
- 59-63 Creating a corporate culture for the eighties
by Gardner, Meryl P.
- 64-74 Using scenarios in strategic decision making
by Linneman, Robert E. & Klein, Harold E.
- 75-79 The myth and reality of supervisory development
by Hays, Richard D.
1984, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 2-6 We owe it to ourselves
by Bateman, J. Fred
- 7-9 A nickel for your thoughts
by Boone, Louis E.
- 10-14 "Yes, but ...": Hidden criteria for judging managerial innovations
by Elbing, C. J.
- 15-20 The zero-sum management disease and the von Thunen prescription
by Richardson, Barrie
- 21-28 Product rejuvenation strategies
by Lazer, William & Luqmani, Mushtaq & Quraeshi, Zahir
- 29-35 The collaborative approach to marketing
by Rosenberg, Larry J. & Van West, James H.
- 36-37 Numbers don't lie--do they?
by Seymour, Daniel
- 38-42 Demographic data banks: A new management resource
by Vaughn, Ronald L.
- 43-49 An industrial policy: What does it mean?
by Neef, Marian G.
- 50-56 Why Sam can't plan: Industrial policy and the perils of a nonadaptive political economy
by Daneke, Gregory A.
- 57-61 Videoconferencing
by Green, David & Hansell, Kathleen J.
- 62-66 Managing innovation: Military strategy in business
by Cawood, David
- 67-76 Untangling the muddled management of public affairs
by Sonnenfeld, Jeffrey
- 77-81 Information packages for directors
by Waldo, Charles N.
- 82-83 The welfare state and beyond : by Gunnar Heckscher, University of Minnesota Press, 1984
by Tilton, Timothy A.
- 83-84 East-West trade at a Crossroad : by Robert Roosa, Michiya Matsukawa, and Armin Gutowski
by Marer, Paul
1984, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 2-6 The 1984 election: What difference will it make?
by O'Lessker, Karl
- 7-16 The product life cycle trap
by Bennett, Roger C. & Cooper, Robert G.
- 17-23 Can quality circles survive in the United States?
by Blair, John D. & Whitehead, Carlton J.
- 24-29 Planning for employee health and safety
by Hunt, Herbert III
- 30-33 Zero-in: A Technique for formulating better mission statements
by Lundberg, Craig C.
- 34-41 Ironies of our computer age
by McGarrah, Robert E.
- 42-48 Altering the fabric of work: Beyond the behavioral sciences
by Bowman, James S.
- 49-53 Survival
by Custer, Stephen W.
- 54-58 Entrepreneurial managers in large organizations
by Molz, Richard
- 59-61 Creating the illusion of indispensability
by Roush, John A.
- 62-65 Balancing dominance: Diagnosing the buyer-supplier relationship
by Watson, Craig M.
- 66-70 Planning trees: A CEO's guide through the corporate planning maze
by Rubin, Leonard R.
- 71-77 Selling assertively
by Jolson, Marvin A.
- 78-82 Say goodbye to the merchant mystique
by Cornwall, Deborah J.
- 83-84 Human systems are different
by Vickers, Sir Geoffrey
- 85-86 Macroeconomics and micropolitics: The electoral effects of economic issues
by Kiewiet, D. Roderick
1984, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 2-8 Where reaganomics succeeded, where it failed, and why
by Wilson, George W.
- 9-16 Reducing the economic and human cost of layoffs
by Fouler, Myron D. & Shuler, Dennis W.
- 17-23 The trouble with Japanese management systems
by Odiorne, George S.
- 24-30 How to use bottom-line writing in corporate communications
by Fielden, John S. & Dulek, Ronald E.
- 31-36 Sales force budgeting
by Dalrymple, Douglas J. & Thorelli, Hans B.
- 37-42 Are there any real benefits from office automation?
by Foley Curley, Kathleen
- 43-48 The driving force of successful organizations
by Truskie, Stanley D.
- 49-54 Using intuition to manage organizations in the future
by Agor, Weston H.
- 55-58 Beyond rationality
by Caballero, Marjorie & Dickinson, Roger
- 59-64 New directions for lifestyle behavior patterns
by Michman, Ronald D.
- 65-69 Applying marketing principles to social causes
by Barach, Jeffrey A.
- 70-74 Faculty turnover within academics: The case of business professors
by Daniels, John P. & Shane, Hugh M. & Wall, Jerry L.
- 75-79 Reactions to the career plateau
by Near, Janet P.
- 80-85 Controlling burnout: A leadership guide for managers
by Niehouse, Oliver I.
1984, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 2-6 The editor's chair The cathedral and the parish
by Heerema, Douglas
- 7-14 Technology and marketing: The magic mix?
by Kiel, Geoffrey
- 15-21 The action profile: A practical aid to career development and succession planning
by Burnett, Robert S. & Waters, James A.
- 22-32 Managing cross-gender mentoring
by Clawson, James G. & Kram, Kathy E.
- 33-36 Is there life after 5?
by Foegen, J. H.
- 37-39 Manufacturing market share
by Kaydos, W. J.
- 40-43 Product quality: An important strategic weapon
by Garvin, David A.
- 44-47 Ideational item Avoiding the pitfalls of managementThink
by Leo, Mario
- 48-52 Quality circles--The latest fad or a real winner?
by O'Donnell, Merle & O'Donnell, Robert J.
- 53-56 Attributes of the entrepreneurial type
by Olson, Philip D. & Bosserman, Debra A.
- 57-64 Getting results from your MRP system
by Anderson, John C. & Schroeder, Roger G.
- 65-68 The impact of crisis on managerial behavior
by Slatter, Stuart St. P.
- 69-75 Up on the wall: Posting salaried openings
by Miller, J. W.
- 76-83 Organizational imperatives and cultural modifiers
by Gorden, William I.
- 84-86 Latin American experiments in neoconservative economics : by Alejandro Foxley
by Weeks, John
1984, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 2-4 The editor's chair The responsibility of schools of business to teach ethics
by Long, John D.
- 5-11 Can free enterprise survive ethical Schizophrenia?
by Chewning, Richard C.
- 12-15 Next to godliness
by Farmer, Richard
- 16-21 Balancing the "Family" and the "Business" in family business
by Holland, Phyllis G. & Boulton, William R.
- 22-29 Ideational item The politics of the press
by Evans, Fred J.
- 30-37 The hidden value: Key to successful acquisition
by Parsons, Andrew J.
- 38-46 Robotics: Challenges for the human resources manager
by Knod, Edward Jr. & Wall, Jerry L. & Daniels, John P. & Shane, Hugh M. & Wernimont, Theodore A.
- 47-49 Avoid meetings or make them work
by Soden, Glenn W.
- 50-56 The sales manager: Tomorrow's super marketer
by Rosenbloom, Bet & Anderson, Rolph E.
- 58-59 Managerial ignorance or savvy? Another look
by Gannon, Martin J.
- 60-63 Managerial ignorance or savvy--revisited
by Von der Embse, Thomas J.
- 64-68 Planning the multinational's future
by Popoff, Frank P.
- 69-76 Streamlining: Necessary strategy for licking a profit crunch
by Chastain, Clark E.
- 77-79 The paperless chase: Gaining support for office automation
by Matherly, Donna M.
- 80-86 Academic strategy: The management revolution in American higher education : by George Keller
by Mehlinger, Howard
1984, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 2-5 Tariffs and the art of being mediocre
by Farmer, Richard
- 6-13 Preparing for promotion pays off
by Beam, Henry H.
- 14-17 Spanish-speaking employees in american industry
by de Forest, Mariah E.
- 18-20 Corporate communications: All together now
by Koten, John A.
- 21-25 Guidelines for commercial negotiators
by Holmes, George & Glaser, Stan
- 26-31 Labor-management relations in the 80s: Revolution or evolution?
by Fulmer, William E.
- 32-35 More value for your company's continuing education dollar
by Wiegand, Richard
- 36-41 The management club: A quality circle for managers
by Muczyk, Jan P. & Hastings, Robert E.
- 42-46 Making sense of quality of work life programs
by Gadon, Herman
- 47-51 High technology: Economic hope or hoax?
by Aggarwal, Vimla & Aggarwal, Sumer C.
- 52-56 Theory X in antiquity, or the buraeucratization of the Roman army
by Gent, Michael J.
- 57-63 Market segmentation: A tactical approach
by Winter, Frederick W.
- 64-71 Performance failure: Executive response to self-serving bias
by Sims, Henry Jr. & Gioia, Dennis A.
- 72-82 Putting human resource management at the line manager level
by Napier, Nancy K. & Peterson, Richard B.
- 83-84 Modern times: The world from the twenties to the eighties : Paul Johnson Harper and Row, 1983. $28
by Caldwell, Lynton
- 84-86 The Japanese mind: the Goliath explained : Robert C. Christopher Linden Press/ Simon and Schuster, 1983
by Near, Janet P.
- 86-87 Antitrust and monopoly: Anatomy of a political failure : Dominick Armentano John Wiley and Sons, 1983
by Malamud, Carl
1983, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 2-5 The economy and the environment
by Caldwell, Lynton K.
- 6-13 Religion: The spirit or the enemy of capitalism
by Williams, Oliver F.
- 14-15 Mandatory retirement at the Burr Hamilton bank
by Gray, Andrew
- 16-20 Solving ethical problems and saving your career
by Wilson, Glenn T.
- 21-27 Managerial mind sets and the structural side of managing
by Watson, Charles E.
- 28-31 Service firms need marketing skills
by Parasuraman, A. & Berry, Leonard L. & Zeithaml, Valarie A.
- 32-36 Prospectus for corporate leadership
by Hutchinson, Charles T.
- 37-45 Eliciting latent productivity
by Fox, Harold W.
- 46-51 What are business schools doing for business?
by Dickinson, Roger & Herbst, Anthony & O'Shaughnessy, John
- 52-54 The creative MBA: A new proposal for balancing the science and the art of management
by Rehder, Robert R. & Porter, James L.
- 56-59 Whatever happened to the trade cycle?
by Bonavia, Michael R.
- 60-68 Bhumiputra: What is it? And why do i need it?
by Agthe, Klaus E. & Pendergast, Kim J.
- 69-78 Managerial frameworks for innovative responses in high-tech organizations
by Bleicher, Knut & Bleicher, Frank & Paul, Herbert
- 79-80 The modern corporate manager: Responsibility and regulation
by Groening, William A.
- 80-81 The deindustrialization of America : Basic Books, Inc., 1982. ISBN 0-465-01590-5. $20
by Bluestone, Barry & Harrison, Bennett
- 83-84 Sales taxation : Johns Hopkins University Press, 1983
by Due, John F. & Mikesell, John L.
1983, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 2-6 Multinationals as foreign agents of change in the third world
by Tavis, Lee A.
- 7-9 Who reads Business Horizons, and why : Results of our readership survey
by Miller, Joseph C. & Coffman, Barbara
- 10-18 Why foreign firms like American workers
by Burden, Charles A. & Hochmuth, Milton S.
- 19-23 Currency denomination of debt: Lessons from rolls-royce and laker airways
by Srinivasulu, S. L.
- 24-32 Managerial ignorance or managerial savvy: Another view
by Von der Embse, Thomas J.
- 33-37 Should the Davis-Bacon act be repealed?
by Kovach, Kenneth A.
- 38-47 Rising to the top: Executive women in 1983 and beyond
by Forbes, J. Benjamin & Piercy, James E.
- 48-54 Employee stock ownership plans: A new way to work
by Rosen, Corey
- 55-56 Loyalty in the inner circle
by Roush, John A.
- 57-61 A systems solution to communication problems
by DiGaetani, John L.
- 62-67 Remedial MBO
by Kelly, Charles M.
- 68-74 A developmental approach to performance appraisal
by Harper, Stephen C.
- 75-83 Improving comparability in performance appraisal
by Edwards, Mark R. & Wolfe, Michael & Sproull, J. Ruth
1983, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 2-10 The editor's chair corporate leadership in cooperation
by O'Toole, James
- 11-13 Imprinting the young employee
by Gast, Michael F. & Patinka, Paul J.
- 14-19 Pricing as creative marketing
by Nagle, Thomas
- 20-23 Managers and the good life: Fact or fiction?
by Baucus, David A. & Near, Janet P.
- 24-28 Sexual harassment: Confronting the issue of definition
by Powell, Gary N.
- 29-34 Employee substance abuse: Epidemic of the eighties
by Belohlav, James A. & Popp, Paul O.
- 35-40 Legal horizons liability for the unknowable
by Leibman, Jordan
- 41-42 Volkswagen at Stalingrad?
by Gray, Andrew
- 43-46 The changing profile of business leadership
by Fleenor, C. Patrick & Kurtz, David L. & Boone, Louis E.
- 47-52 Misconceptions about managerial productivity
by Weick, Karl E.
- 53-57 Assessing the productivity of corporate staff services
by Hoffman, John & Shackney, Orry
- 58-68 A look at how managers' minds work
by Slocum, John Jr. & Hellriegel, Don
- 69-73 Share profit: A planning model for product managers
by Cosse, Thomas J. & Swan, John E.
- 74-78 Dealing with resistance to change
by Stanislao, Joseph & Stanislao, Bettie C.
- 79-81 Corporate performance: The key to public trust : by Francis W. Steckmest McGraw-Hill 1982. ISBN: 0-07-009306-7. $16.95
by Pfister, Richard L.
- 81-82 The change resisters: How they prevent progress and what managers can do about them : by George S. Odiorne Prentice Hall, Inc., 1981. ISBN: 0-13-127902-5. $16.95
by Feinberg, Richard A.
- 82-83 The chosen instrument: Pan Am, Juan Trippe, the rise and fall of an American entrepreneur : by Marylin Bender and Selig Altschull Simon & Schuster, 1982. ISBN: 0-671-22464-6.$19.95
by Waters, L. L.
- 83-85 The mind of the strategist: The art of Japanese business : by Kenichi Ohmae New York: McGraw-Hill, 1982
by Gordon, Paul J.