Inside directors, board effectiveness, and shareholder wealth
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bird, Robert C. & Borochin, Paul A. & Knopf, John D., 2015. "The role of the chief legal officer in corporate governance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-22.
- Kang, Eugene & Ding, David K. & Charoenwong, Charlie, 2010. "Investor reaction to women directors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 888-894, August.
- Cheng, Shijun, 2008. "Perceived importance of corporate boards in October 1987," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 146-155, September.
- Giorgio Brunello & Clara Graziano & Bruno Parigi, 1999.
"Ownership or Performance: What Determines Board of Directors' Turnover in Italy?,"
1999.30, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno, 2000. "Ownership or Performance: What Determines Board of Directors' Turnover in Italy?," IZA Discussion Papers 105, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauguess, Scott & Stegemoller, Mike, 2008. "Protective governance choices and the value of acquisition activity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 550-566, December.
- Ozkan, Aydin & Ozkan, Neslihan, 2004. "Corporate cash holdings: An empirical investigation of UK companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2103-2134, September.
- Cicero, David & Wintoki, M. Babajide & Yang, Tina, 2013. "How do public companies adjust their board structures?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 108-127.
- Fidanoski, Filip & Mateska, Vesna & Simeonovski, Kiril, 2013. "Corporate Governance and Bank Performance: Evidence from Macedonia," MPRA Paper 46773, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2013.
- Ozgur Arslan & Mehmet Baha Karan & Cihan Eksi, 2010. "Board Structure and Corporate Performance," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(1), pages 003-022.
- Brook, Yaron & Hendershott, Robert J. & Lee, Darrell, 2000. "Corporate governance and recent consolidation in the banking industry," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 141-164, July.
- Felix Meyerinck & David Oesch & Markus Schmid, 2016. "Is Director Industry Experience Valuable?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 45(1), pages 207-237, March.
- Brick, Ivan E. & Palmon, Oded & Wald, John K., 2006. "CEO compensation, director compensation, and firm performance: Evidence of cronyism?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 403-423, June.
- Kirchmaier, Thomas & Kollo, Michael G., 2006. "The role of prestige and networks in outside director appointment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24635, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ryan, Harley Jr. & Wiggins, Roy III, 2004. "Who is in whose pocket? Director compensation, board independence, and barriers to effective monitoring," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 497-524, September.
- Ho, Carol-Anne & Williams, S. Mitchell, 2003. "International comparative analysis of the association between board structure and the efficiency of value added by a firm from its physical capital and intellectual capital resources," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 465-491.
- Elijah Brewer & William E. Jackson & Julapa Jagtiani, 2000. "Impact of independent directors and the regulatory environment on bank merger prices: evidence from takeover activity in the 1990s," Working Paper Series WP-00-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Julan Du & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Derek Chu, 2014.
"Return Enhancing, Cash-rich or simply Empire-Building? An Empirical Investigation of Corporate Real Estate Holdings,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 301-357.
- Du, Julan & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chu, Derek, 2013. "Return enhancing, cash-rich or simply empire-building? An empirical investigation of corporate real estate holdings," MPRA Paper 44253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yeh, Yin-Hua & Woidtke, Tracie, 2005. "Commitment or entrenchment?: Controlling shareholders and board composition," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1857-1885, July.
- Sinha, Rajeeva, 2006. "Regulation: The market for corporate control and corporate governance," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 264-282, March.
- Coles, Jeffrey L. & Daniel, Naveen D. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2008. "Boards: Does one size fit all," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 329-356, February.
- repec:gam:jjrfmx:v:12:y:2019:i:1:p:32-:d:205805 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Campbell & Chinmoy Ghosh & Milena Petrova & C. Sirmans, 2011. "Corporate Governance and Performance in the Market for Corporate Control: The Case of REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 451-480, May.
- Jaskiewicz, Peter & Klein, Sabine, 2007. "The impact of goal alignment on board composition and board size in family businesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1080-1089, October.
- Alfonsina Iona & Leone Leonida & Aydin Ozkan, "undated". "Determinants of Financial Conservatism: Evidence from Low-Leverage and Cash-Rich UK Firms," Discussion Papers 04/01, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Tong, Wilson H.S. & Yu, Wayne W., 2012. "A corporate governance explanation of the A-B share discount in China," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 125-147.
- Andres, Pablo de & Vallelado, Eleuterio, 2008. "Corporate governance in banking: The role of the board of directors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2570-2580, December.
- Garretsen, Harry & Ees, Hans van & Postma, Theo, 1999. "Top management team and board attributes and firm performance in the Netherlands," Research Report 99E20, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno M., 2003. "CEO turnover in insider-dominated boards: The Italian case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1027-1051, June.