The economic growth debate: What some economists have learned but many have not
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesc Bellaubi & Josep Maria Mallarach & Rafael Sardá, 2021. "A Geoethical Approach to Unlock a Social-Ecological Governance Problem: The Case of the Tordera River (Catalonia, Spain)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-14, April.
- Chen, Xudong & Huang, Bihong, 2016. "Club membership and transboundary pollution: Evidence from the European Union enlargement," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 230-237.
- Köhn, Jörg, 1996. "Thinking in Terms of System Hierarchies and Velocites. What makes Development Sustainable?," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 04, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Natera, Jose Miguel & Pansera, Mario, 2013. "How Innovation Systems and Development Theories complement each other," MPRA Paper 53633, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher L. Ambrey & Peter Daniels, 2017. "Happiness and footprints: assessing the relationship between individual well-being and carbon footprints," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 895-920, June.
- Marco Keiner, 2005. "Re-emphasizing sustainable development — The concept of ‘Evolutionability’," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 379-392, January.
- Ortrud Lessmann & Felix Rauschmayer, 2013.
"Re-conceptualizing Sustainable Development on the Basis of the Capability Approach: A Model and Its Difficulties,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 95-114, February.
- Leßmann, Ortrud & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2012. "Re-conceptualising sustainable development on the basis of the capability approach: A model and its difficulties," UFZ Discussion Papers 03/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Kohn, Jorg, 1998. "Thinking in terms of system hierarchies and velocities. What makes development sustainable?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 173-187, August.
- Dorothée Charlier & Florian Fizaine, 2020. "Does Becoming Richer Lead to a Reduction in Natural Resource Consumption? An Empirical Refutation of the Kuznets Material Curve," Working Papers 2020.05, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001.
"The Role And Value Of Natural Capital In Regional Landscapes,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 1-14, August.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001. "The Role and Value of Natural Capital in Regional Landscapes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 283-296, August.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Marjan W. Hofkes, 1997. "A Survey of Economic Modelling of Sustainable Development," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-107/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sjak Smulders, 1995.
"Entropy, environment, and endogenous economic growth,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 319-340, August.
- Smulders, J.A., 1995. "Entropy, environment and endogenous economic growth," Other publications TiSEM 6d717cee-3506-4f14-8a21-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rehdanz, Katrin & Maddison, David, 2005. "Climate and happiness," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 111-125, January.
- Sandra Waddock, 2020. "Reframing and Transforming Economics around Life," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Miranda, Kenneth & Parry, Ian, 1995.
"Public expenditure policy and the environment: A review and synthesis,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 515-528, March.
- Mr. Sanjeev Gupta & Mr. Kenneth M. Miranda & Ian W.H. Parry, 1993. "Public Expenditure Policy and the Environment: A Review and Synthesis," IMF Working Papers 1993/027, International Monetary Fund.
- Lo, Alex, 2014. "The Problem of Methodological Pluralism in Ecological Economics," MPRA Paper 49543, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & van der Zwaan, B. C. C., 2002. "Long-Term Substitutability between Environmental and Man-Made Goods," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 329-345, September.
- Fox, Mairi-Jane V. & Erickson, Jon D., 2018. "Genuine Economic Progress in the United States: A Fifty State Study and Comparative Assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 29-35.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & Keyzer, Michiel A., 2003. "Efficiency of conservationist measures: an optimist viewpoint," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 310-333, September.
- Amir, Shmuel, 1995. "Welfare maximization in economic theory: Another viewpoint," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 359-376, August.
- Kaberger, Tomas & Mansson, Bengt, 2001. "Entropy and economic processes -- physics perspectives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 165-179, January.
- Karin Fernando & Prasanthi Gunawardena, 2015. "Growth within Natural Limits: The Debates, Propositions and Possibilities," Southern Voice Occasional Paper 27, Southern Voice.
- Malte Faber, 1988. "Der Ursprung der Volkswirtschaftslehre als Bestimmung und Begrenzung ihrer Erkenntnisperspektive," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 124(II), pages 97-121, June.
- Sena, Augusto Marcos Carvalho de, 2006. "A Theoretical Framework on Sustainability based on the Maintenance of Natural Capital Stocks," 44th Congress, July 23-27, 2006, Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil 149149, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- Shmuel Amir, 2002. "Harvesting to Extinction: Is It Socially Rational?," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 135-162, May.
- Lopez, Ramon & Mitra, Siddhartha, 2000. "Corruption, Pollution, and the Kuznets Environment Curve," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 137-150, September.
- Goodwin, Neva, 2003. "Equity," MPRA Paper 27906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Skonhoft, Anders & Solem, Havard, 2001. "Economic growth and land-use changes: the declining amount of wilderness land in Norway," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 289-301, May.
- Tobias Wendler, 2019. "About the Relationship Between Green Technology and Material Usage," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(3), pages 1383-1423, November.
- Ian Moffatt, 2013. "Measuring sustainable development," Chapters, in: M. A. Quaddus & M. A.B. Siddique (ed.), Handbook of Sustainable Development Planning, chapter 3, pages 39-60, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1997. "A reexamination of the role of thermodynamics for environmental economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 175-201, September.
- Long, Xianling & Ji, Xi, 2019. "Economic Growth Quality, Environmental Sustainability, and Social Welfare in China - Provincial Assessment Based on Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 157-176.
- Günter Vornholz, 1994. "The sustainable development approach," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 29(4), pages 194-198, July.
- Jarvis, Diane & Stoeckl, Natalie & Liu, Hong-Bo, 2016. "The impact of economic, social and environmental factors on trip satisfaction and the likelihood of visitors returning," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-18.
- Kevin Byrne & Donncha Kavanagh, 1996. "Strategic Environmental Management In The Irish Chemical/Pharmaceutical Industry," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 106-114, June.
- Byrne, Margaret M., 1997. "Is growth a dirty word? Pollution, abatement and endogenous growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 261-284, December.
- Ian Moffatt, 2013. "Modelling sustainable development," Chapters, in: M. A. Quaddus & M. A.B. Siddique (ed.), Handbook of Sustainable Development Planning, chapter 2, pages 17-38, Edward Elgar Publishing.