A Geoethical Approach to Unlock a Social-Ecological Governance Problem: The Case of the Tordera River (Catalonia, Spain)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daly, Herman E., 1987. "The economic growth debate: What some economists have learned but many have not," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 323-336, December.
- Julius Grund & Antje Brock, 2019. "Why We Should Empty Pandora’s Box to Create a Sustainable Future: Hope, Sustainability and Its Implications for Education," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-20, February.
- Jeremy J. Schmidt & Dan Shrubsole, 2013. "Modern Water Ethics: Implications for Shared Governance," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 22(3), pages 359-379, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marco Keiner, 2005. "Re-emphasizing sustainable development — The concept of ‘Evolutionability’," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 379-392, January.
- Amir, Shmuel, 1995. "Welfare maximization in economic theory: Another viewpoint," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 359-376, August.
- Sena, Augusto Marcos Carvalho de, 2006. "A Theoretical Framework on Sustainability based on the Maintenance of Natural Capital Stocks," 44th Congress, July 23-27, 2006, Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil 149149, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- Tobias Wendler, 2019. "About the Relationship Between Green Technology and Material Usage," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(3), pages 1383-1423, November.
- Ian Moffatt, 2013. "Measuring sustainable development," Chapters, in: M. A. Quaddus & M. A.B. Siddique (ed.), Handbook of Sustainable Development Planning, chapter 3, pages 39-60, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Long, Xianling & Ji, Xi, 2019. "Economic Growth Quality, Environmental Sustainability, and Social Welfare in China - Provincial Assessment Based on Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 157-176.
- Kevin Byrne & Donncha Kavanagh, 1996. "Strategic Environmental Management In The Irish Chemical/Pharmaceutical Industry," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 106-114, June.
- Byrne, Margaret M., 1997. "Is growth a dirty word? Pollution, abatement and endogenous growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 261-284, December.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Miranda, Kenneth & Parry, Ian, 1995.
"Public expenditure policy and the environment: A review and synthesis,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 515-528, March.
- Mr. Sanjeev Gupta & Mr. Kenneth M. Miranda & Ian W.H. Parry, 1993. "Public Expenditure Policy and the Environment: A Review and Synthesis," IMF Working Papers 1993/027, International Monetary Fund.
- Ortrud Lessmann & Felix Rauschmayer, 2013.
"Re-conceptualizing Sustainable Development on the Basis of the Capability Approach: A Model and Its Difficulties,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 95-114, February.
- Leßmann, Ortrud & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2012. "Re-conceptualising sustainable development on the basis of the capability approach: A model and its difficulties," UFZ Discussion Papers 03/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Dorothée Charlier & Florian Fizaine, 2020. "Does Becoming Richer Lead to a Reduction in Natural Resource Consumption? An Empirical Refutation of the Kuznets Material Curve," Working Papers 2020.05, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Sandra Waddock, 2020. "Reframing and Transforming Economics around Life," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Lopez, Ramon & Mitra, Siddhartha, 2000. "Corruption, Pollution, and the Kuznets Environment Curve," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 137-150, September.
- Günter Vornholz, 1994. "The sustainable development approach," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 29(4), pages 194-198, July.
- Kohn, Jorg, 1998. "Thinking in terms of system hierarchies and velocities. What makes development sustainable?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 173-187, August.
- Fox, Mairi-Jane V. & Erickson, Jon D., 2018. "Genuine Economic Progress in the United States: A Fifty State Study and Comparative Assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 29-35.
- Karin Fernando & Prasanthi Gunawardena, 2015. "Growth within Natural Limits: The Debates, Propositions and Possibilities," Southern Voice Occasional Paper 27, Southern Voice.
- Malte Faber, 1988. "Der Ursprung der Volkswirtschaftslehre als Bestimmung und Begrenzung ihrer Erkenntnisperspektive," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 124(II), pages 97-121, June.
- Pleeging, Emma & van Exel, Job & Burger, Martijn J. & Stavropoulos, Spyridon, 2021. "Hope for the future and willingness to pay for sustainable energy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
- Christopher L. Ambrey & Peter Daniels, 2017. "Happiness and footprints: assessing the relationship between individual well-being and carbon footprints," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 895-920, June.
More about this item
Keywordsdeltas; geoethics; geosphere; governance; natural resources; social-ecological systems;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:8:p:4253-:d:534301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.