Excess Demand Functions with Incomplete Markets - A Global Result
The purpose of this paper is to give a global characterization of excess demand functions in a two period exchange economy with incomplete real asset markets. We show that continuity, homogeneity and Walrasï¿½ law characterize the aggregate excess demand functions on any compact price set which maintains the dimension of the budget set.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Schönberggasse 1, CH-8001 Zürich|
Phone: +41-1-634 21 37
Fax: +41-1-634 49 82
Web page: http://www.econ.uzh.ch/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Ivar Ekeland & Martin Browning, 1999. "Local disaggregation of demand and excess demand functions: a new question," Discussion Papers 99-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Mantel, Rolf R., 1974. "On the characterization of aggregate excess demand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 348-353, March.
- Bottazzi, Jean-Marc & Hens, Thorsten, 1996. "Excess Demand Functions and Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 49-63, January.
- Hens, Thorsten, 2001. "An extension of Mantel (1976) to incomplete markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 141-149, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Hens & Piero Gottardi, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand and comparative statics with incomplete markets and nominal assets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 13(2), pages 287-308.
- Piero Gottardi & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1999. "A Note on the Decomposition (at a Point) of Aggregate Excess Demand on the Grassmannian," Working Papers 99-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Gottardi, Piero & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 2000. "A note on the decomposition (at a point) of aggregate excess demand on the Grassmannian1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 463-473, May.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1974. "Excess demand functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-21, March.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Ekeland, Ivar, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand functions in incomplete markets1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 111-129, February.