An Extension of Mantel (1976) to Incomplete Markets
In the incomplete markets model with numeraire asset and a single con- sumption good we show that, even with homothetic preferences, on compact sets of prices Continuity, Walras' identity and Homogeneity characterize the properties of market excess demand.This result is proved by an extension of Mantel (1976) to the case of incomplete markets.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Schönberggasse 1, CH-8001 Zürich|
Phone: +41-1-634 21 37
Fax: +41-1-634 49 82
Web page: http://www.econ.uzh.ch/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugo Sonnenschein, 1973. "The Utility Hypothesis and Market Demand Theory," Discussion Papers 51, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bottazzi, Jean-Marc & Hens, Thorsten, 1996. "Excess Demand Functions and Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 49-63, January.
- Mantel, Rolf R., 1976. "Homothetic preferences and community excess demand functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 197-201, April.
- Hildenbrand, Werner & Jerison, Michael, 1989.
"The demand theory of the weak axioms of revealed preference,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 209-213.
- Hildenbrand,Werner & Jerison,Michael, 1988. "The Demand theory of the Weak axioms of Revealed Preference," Discussion Paper Serie A 163, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1974. "Excess demand functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-21, March.
- Mantel, Rolf R., 1974. "On the characterization of aggregate excess demand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 348-353, March.
- Thorsten Hens & Piero Gottardi, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand and comparative statics with incomplete markets and nominal assets," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 287-308.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Ekeland, Ivar, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand functions in incomplete markets1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 111-129, February.
- E. Eisenberg, 1961. "Aggregation of Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 337-350, July.
- Chipman, John S., 1974. "Homothetic preferences and aggregation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 26-38, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.