Excess demand function around critical prices in incomplete markets
We show that the aggregate excess demand function in an economy with incomplete real asset markets can be characterized by Walras' law, homogeneity, and continuity around critical prices that cause one-dimensional drop of the dimension of the budget set.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bottazzi, Jean-Marc & Hens, Thorsten, 1996. "Excess Demand Functions and Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 49-63, January.
- Thorsten Hens & Piero Gottardi, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand and comparative statics with incomplete markets and nominal assets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 13(2), pages 287-308.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Ekeland, Ivar, 1999. "Disaggregation of excess demand functions in incomplete markets1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 111-129, February.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Momi, Takeshi, 2003.
"Excess demand functions with incomplete markets--a global result,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 240-250, August.
- Takeshi Momi, . "Excess Demand Functions with Incomplete Markets - A Global Result," IEW - Working Papers 096, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1974. "Excess demand functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-21, March.
- Gottardi, Piero & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 2000. "A note on the decomposition (at a point) of aggregate excess demand on the Grassmannian1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 463-473, May.
- Mantel, Rolf R., 1974. "On the characterization of aggregate excess demand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 348-353, March.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:46:y:2010:i:3:p:293-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.