Nonparametric confidence bands in deconvolution density estimation
Uniform confidence bands for densities f via nonparametric kernel estimates were first constructed by Bickel and Rosenblatt [Ann. Statist. 1, 1071.1095]. In this paper this is extended to confidence bands in the deconvolution problem g = f for an ordinary smooth error density . Under certain regularity conditions, we obtain asymptotic uniform confidence bands based on the asymptotic distribution of the maximal deviation (LÉ-distance) between a deconvolution kernel estimator . f and f. Further consistency of the simple nonparametric bootstrap is proved. For our theoretical developments the bias is simply corrected by choosing an undersmoothing bandwidth. For practical purposes we propose a new data-driven bandwidth selector based on heuristic arguments, which aims
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Vogelpothsweg 78, D-44221 Dortmund|
Phone: (0231) 755-3125
Fax: (0231) 755-5284
Web page: http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/sfb475.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bert Van Es & Hae-Won Uh, 2005. "Asymptotic Normality of Kernel-Type Deconvolution Estimators," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(3), pages 467-483.
- Politis, Dimitris N. & Romano, Joseph P., 1999. "Multivariate Density Estimation with General Flat-Top Kernels of Infinite Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-25, January.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2001. "Bootstrap Bandwidth Selection in Kernel Density Estimation from a Contaminated Sample," Papers 0116, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2004. "Practical bandwidth selection in deconvolution kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 249-267, March.
- Härdle, Wolfgang, 1989. "Asymptotic maximal deviation of M-smoothers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 163-179, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb475:200703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.