Density testing in a contaminated sample
We study non-parametric tests for checking parametric hypotheses about a multivariate density f of independent identically distributed random vectors Z1,Z2,... which are observed under additional noise with density [psi]. The tests we propose are an extension of the test due to Bickel and Rosenblatt [On some global measures of the deviations of density function estimates, Ann. Statist. 1 (1973) 1071-1095] and are based on a comparison of a nonparametric deconvolution estimator and the smoothed version of a parametric fit of the density f of the variables of interest Zi. In an example the loss of efficiency is highlighted when the test is based on the convolved (but observable) density g=f*[psi] instead on the initial density of interest f.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neumann, Michael H. & Paparoditis, Efstathios, 2000. "On bootstrapping L2-type statistics in density testing," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 137-147, November.
- Politis, Dimitris N. & Romano, Joseph P., 1999. "Multivariate Density Estimation with General Flat-Top Kernels of Infinite Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-25, January.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Delaigle, A. & Gijbels, I., 2004. "Practical bandwidth selection in deconvolution kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 249-267, March.
- van Es, A. J. & Kok, A. R., 1998. "Simple kernel estimators for certain nonparametric deconvolution problems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 151-160, August.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2000. "Spectral Density Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(1), pages 143-176.
- P. Groeneboom & G. Jongbloed, 2003. "Density estimation in the uniform deconvolution model," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(1), pages 136-157.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:1:p:57-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.