Solidarity and fair taxation in TU games
We consider an analytic formulation/parametrization of the class of efficient, linear, and symmetric values for TU games that, in contrast to previous approaches, which rely on the standard basis, rests on the linear representation of TU games by unanimity games. Unlike most of the other formulae for this class, our formula allows for an economic interpretation in terms of taxing the Shapley payoffs of unanimity games. We identify those parameters for which the values behave economically sound, i.e., for which the values satisfy desirability and positivity. Put differently, we indicate requirements on fair taxation in TU games by which solidarity among players is expressed.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wifa.uni-leipzig.de/en/dekanat.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Volker Grossmann & Thomas Steger & Timo Trimborn, 2011.
"The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3651, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo, 2011. "The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-482, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo, 2011. "The macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," Working Papers 101, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Volker Grossmann & Thomas M. Steger & Timo Trimborn, 2012. "The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_041, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Schnabl, Gunther, 2008.
"China's exchange rate impasse and the weak U.S. dollar,"
73, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Ronald Ian McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2008. "China’s Exchange Rate Impasse and the Weak U.S. Dollar," CESifo Working Paper Series 2386, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Steger, Thomas, 2013.
"Globalization, The Volatility Of Intermediate Goods Prices, And Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 402-430, March.
- Thomas M. Steger & Lucas Bretschger, 2005. "Globalization, the volatility of intermediate goods prices and economic growth," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 05/40, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:leiwps:111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.