Governing network neutrality: Public perception and policy capacity
Beyond technical matters, the network neutrality debate is closely tied to social, political, and economic debate over networks and the duties and the rights of various stakeholders. The study contextualizes the issue in terms of policy, innovation, values, and the society of Korean context. Focusing on user perspective, it analyzes the policy effectiveness of current network neutrality by analyzing user perception. A model is proposed to empirically test the policy effectiveness by incorporating factors representing network neutrality. The factors are drawn from the belief of people's perceived concepts on network neutrality. The findings show that while competition and regulation are the two main factors constituting network neutrality, both factors influence the formation of attitude toward policy effectiveness differently. Policy and managerial implications are discussed based on the model. Overall, this study provides in-depth analysis and heuristic data on the user drivers, industry dynamics, and policy implication within the network neutrality ecosystem.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2012.
"Network neutrality on the Internet: A two-sided market analysis,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 91-104.
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2008. "Network Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Paper Series 727, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 09 Nov 2011.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tag, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-45, NET Institute, revised Nov 2007.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-14, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Shrimali, Gireesh, 2008. "Surplus extraction by network providers: Implications for net neutrality and innovation," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 545-558, September.
- Robin S. Lee & Tim Wu, 2009. "Subsidizing Creativity through Network Design: Zero-Pricing and Net Neutrality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 61-76, Summer.
- Wallsten Scott & Hausladen Stephanie, 2009. "Net Neutrality, Unbundling, and their Effects on International Investment in Next-Generation Networks," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-23, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse13:88540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.