An event study of the first telecommunications spectrum auction in Korea and "the winner's curse"
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerpott, Torsten J. & Jakopin, Nejc M., 2007. "Firm and target country characteristics as factors explaining wealth creation from international expansion moves of mobile network operators," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 72-92, March.
- John Cable & Andrew Henley & Kevin Holland, 2002. "Pot of gold or winner's curse? An event study of the auctions of 3G mobile telephone licences in the UK," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 23(4), pages 447-462, December.
- Gary Madden & Ismail Saglam & Aaron Morey, 2010.
"Auction Design and the Success of National 3G Spectrum Auctions,"
1002, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Gary Madden & Ismail Saglam & Aaron Morey, 2010. "Auction Design and the Success of National 3G Spectrum Auctions," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1007, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Trillas, Francesc, 0. "Mergers, acquisitions and control of telecommunications firms in Europe," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5-6), pages 269-286, June.
- Freyens, Benoît Pierre & Yerokhin, Oleg, 2011. "Allocative vs. technical spectrum efficiency," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 291-300, May.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Hwang, Junseok & Yoon, Hyenyoung, 2009. "A mixed spectrum management framework for the future wireless service based on techno-economic analysis: The Korean spectrum policy study," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 407-421, September.
- Kwon, Youngsun & Lee, Jungsub & Oh, Youngkyun, 2010. "Economic and policy implications of spectrum license fee payment methods," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 175-184, April.
More about this item
Keywordsspectrum auction; winner's curse; event study; 4 G spectrum;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse12:60394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.itseurope.org/ .