How everyday ethics becomes a moral economy, and vice versa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCloskey, Deirdre Nansen, 2006. "The Bourgeois Virtues," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226556635, January.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Guth, Werner & Schmittberger, Rolf & Schwarze, Bernd, 1982. "An experimental analysis of ultimatum bargaining," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 367-388, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Erhao Xie, 2019. "Monetary Payoff and Utility Function in Adaptive Learning Models," Staff Working Papers 19-50, Bank of Canada.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson & David Schmeidler, 2014. "A Model of Modeling," PIER Working Paper Archive 14-026, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Doll, Monika & Seebauer, Michael & Tonn, Maren, 2017. "Bargaining over waiting time in gain and loss framed ultimatum games," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 15/2017, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj, 2018. "Incentives," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2018-01, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Dirk Helbing, 2013. "Economics 2.0: The Natural Step towards A Self-Regulating, Participatory Market Society," Papers 1305.4078, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Yildiz, Özgür, 2014. "Lehren aus der Verhaltensökonomik für die Gestaltung umweltpolitischer Maßnahmen [Lessons from behavioral economics for the design of environmental policy measures]," MPRA Paper 59360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- He, Haoran & Wu, Keyu, 2016. "Choice set, relative income, and inequity aversion: An experimental investigation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 177-193.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2015.
"An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1036-1051, May.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," Working Papers 1203, Xiamen Unversity, The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics, Finance and Economics Experimental Laboratory, revised 17 Oct 2012.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2013. "An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement," Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Shachat, Jason & Tan, Lijia, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," MPRA Paper 42409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Klockmann & Alicia von Schenk & Marie Villeval, 2021.
"Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Intergenerational Responsibility,"
- Victor Klockmann & Alicia von Schenk & Marie Claire Villeval, 2021. "Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Intergenerational Responsibility," Working Papers 2110, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Klockmann, Victor & von Schenk, Alicia & Villeval, Marie-Claire, 2022. "Artificial intelligence, ethics, and intergenerational responsibility," SAFE Working Paper Series 335, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Victor Klockmann & Alicia von Schenk & Marie Claire Villeval, 2022. "Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Intergenerational Responsibility," Post-Print hal-03778525, HAL.
- Thomas Wagner, 1998. "Reciprocity And Efficiency," Rationality and Society, , vol. 10(3), pages 347-375, August.
- El Harbi, Sana & Bekir, Insaf & Grolleau, Gilles & Sutan, Angela, 2015.
"Efficiency, equality, positionality: What do people maximize? Experimental vs. hypothetical evidence from Tunisia,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 77-84.
- Sana El Harbi & Insaf Bekir & Gilles Grolleau & Angela Sutan, 2015. "Efficiency, equality, positionality: what do people maximize? Experimental vs. hypothetical evidence from Tunisia," Post-Print hal-01506386, HAL.
- Katarína Danková & Hodaka Morita & Maroš Servátka & Le Zhang, 2022.
"Fairness concerns and job assignment to positions with different surplus,"
Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 88(4), pages 1490-1516, April.
- Danková, Katarína & Morita, Hodaka & Servátka, Maroš & Zhang, Le, 2021. "Fairness Concerns and Job Assignment to Positions with Different Surplus," MPRA Paper 109962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wichardt, Philipp C. & Schunk, Daniel & Schmitz, Patrick W., 2009.
"Participation costs for responders can reduce rejection rates in ultimatum bargaining,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 33-35, April.
- Philipp C. Wichardt & Daniel Schunk & Patrick W. Schmitz, 2008. "Participation costs for responders can reduce rejection rates in ultimatum bargaining," IEW - Working Papers 398, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2014.
"On Self-Interest and Greed,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2014. "On Self-Interest and Greed," Economics Working Paper Series 1416, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2014. "On Self-Interest and Greed," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-12, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Xie, Erhao, 2016.
"Identification of Biased Beliefs in Games of Incomplete Information Using Experimental Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Erhao Xie, 2016. "Identification of Biased Beliefs in Games of Incomplete Information Using Experimental Data," Working Papers tecipa-560, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Rüdiger Pfister & Gisela Böhm, 2012. "Responder Feelings in a Three-Player Three-Option Ultimatum Game: Affective Determinants of Rejection Behavior," Games, MDPI, vol. 3(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Konow, James, 1996. "A positive theory of economic fairness," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 13-35, October.
- Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 2006. "Behavioral Economics Comes of Age," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000038, UCLA Department of Economics.
- James Alm, 2014.
"Does an uncertain tax system encourage üaggressive tax planningý?,"
Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 30-38.
- James Alm, 2014. "Does an Uncertain Tax System Encourage "Aggressive Tax Planning"?," Working Papers 1403, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Stefania Ottone & Ferruccio Ponzano, 2007. "Cooperation without Punishment," Working Papers 123, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2007.
More about this item
Keywordsethics; moral economy; behavioral economics; organ donation; sex work; gifts; social interaction; rationality;
All these keywords.
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E71 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on the Macro Economy
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2019-02-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2019-02-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2019-02-11 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2019-02-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:20199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.