The effects of a low interest rate environment on life insurers
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Elia Berdin & Helmut Gründl, 2015. "The Effects of a Low Interest Rate Environment on Life Insurers," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 40(3), pages 385-415, July.
- Berdin, Elia & Gründl, Helmut, 2014. "The effects of a low interest rate environment on life insurers," SAFE Working Paper Series 65, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grosen, Anders & Lochte Jorgensen, Peter, 2000. "Fair valuation of life insurance liabilities: The impact of interest rate guarantees, surrender options, and bonus policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 37-57, February.
- Kling, Alexander & Richter, Andreas & Ru[ss], Jochen, 2007. "The interaction of guarantees, surplus distribution, and asset allocation in with-profit life insurance policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 164-178, January.
- Pablo Antolin & Sebastian Schich & Juan Yermo, 2011. "The Economic Impact of Protracted Low Interest Rates on Pension Funds and Insurance Companies," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 237-256.
- Alexander Kling & Andreas Richter & Jochen Ruß, 2007. "The Impact of Surplus Distribution on the Risk Exposure of With Profit Life Insurance Policies Including Interest Rate Guarantees," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(3), pages 571-589.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bauer, Daniel & Reuss, Andreas & Singer, Daniela, 2012. "On the Calculation of the Solvency Capital Requirement Based on Nested Simulations," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 453-499, November.
- Gatzert, Nadine, 2008. "Asset management and surplus distribution strategies in life insurance: An examination with respect to risk pricing and risk measurement," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 839-849, April.
- Bauer, Daniel & Kiesel, Rudiger & Kling, Alexander & Ru[ss], Jochen, 2006. "Risk-neutral valuation of participating life insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 171-183, October.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005. "Has financial development made the world riskier?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 313-369.
- Gerstner, Thomas & Griebel, Michael & Holtz, Markus & Goschnick, Ralf & Haep, Marcus, 2008. "A general asset-liability management model for the efficient simulation of portfolios of life insurance policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 704-716, April.
- Maurer, Raimond & Rogalla, Ralph & Siegelin, Ivonne, 2013. "Participating Payout Life Annuities: Lessons from Germany," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 159-187, May.
- Anke Kablau & Michael Wedow, 2012.
"Gauging the Impact of a Low Interest Rate Environment on German Life Insurers,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 58(4), pages 279-298.
- Kablau, Anke & Wedow, Michael, 2011. "Gauging the impact of a low-interest rate environment on German life insurers," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2011,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Focarelli, Dario, 2017. "Why Insurance Regulation is Crucial for Long-term Investment and Economic Growth," SEP Working Papers 2017/1, LUISS School of European Political Economy.
- Schaper, Philipp, 2017. "Under pressure: how the business environment affects productivity and efficiency of European life insurance companiesAuthor-Name: Eling, Martin," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 1082-1094.
More about this item
KeywordsLife Insurers; Interest Rate Guarantees; Duration Mismatch; Solvency II;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2014-06-14 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-06-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:icirwp:1514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icffmde.html .