Defining and Measuring Workforce Development in the United States in a Post-Bipartisan Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald W. McQuaid & Colin Lindsay, 2005. "The Concept of Employability," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Robert P. Giloth, 2000. "Learning from the Field: Economic Growth and Workforce Development in the 1990s," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(4), pages 340-359, November.
- Peck, Jamie & Theodore, Nikolas, 2000. "Commentary: 'Work First': Workfare and the Regulation of Contingent Labour Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 119-138, January.
- Nan L. Maxwell, 2006. "The Working Life: The Labor Market for Workers in Low-Skilled Jobs," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number twl, January-J.
- Stuart Andreason & Ann Carpenter, 2015. "Fragmentation in workforce development and efforts to coordinate regional workforce development systems," FRB Atlanta Community and Economic Development Discussion Paper 2015-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Nichola Lowe & Harvey Goldstein & Mary Donegan, 2011. "Patchwork Intermediation: Challenges and Opportunities for Regionally Coordinated Workforce Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 25(2), pages 158-171, May.
- Randall W. Eberts & Christopher J. O'Leary & Stephen A. Wandner (ed.), 2002. "Targeting Employment Services," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tes, January-J.
- Robert J. LaLonde, 1995. "The Promise of Public Sector-Sponsored Training Programs," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 149-168, Spring.
- Laura Wolf-Powers, 2012. "Human-capital-centred Regionalism in Economic Development: A Case of Analytics Outpacing Institutions?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(15), pages 3427-3446, November.
- Brian Holland, 2016. "Both sides now: Toward the dual customer approach under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act in the United States," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 31(3), pages 424-441, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fortin, Bernard, 1997.
"Dépendance à l’égard de l’aide sociale et réforme de la sécurité du revenu,"
L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(4), pages 557-573, décembre.
- Fortin, Bernard, 1998. "Dépendance à l'égard de l'aide sociale et réforme de la sécurité du revenu," Cahiers de recherche 9803, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Bernard Fortin, 1998. "Dépendance à l'égard de l'aide sociale et réforme de la sécurité du revenu," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-03, CIRANO.
- Gordon Hanson & Chen Liu & Craig McIntosh, 2017. "The Rise and Fall of U.S. Low-Skilled Immigration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 48(1 (Spring), pages 83-168.
- Nicola Pavoni & G. L. Violante, 2007.
"Optimal Welfare-to-Work Programs,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 283-318.
- Nicola Pavoni & Giovanni L. Violante, 2005. "Optimal welfare-to-work programs," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 143, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pavoni, Nicola & Violante, Giovanni L, 2006. "Optimal Welfare-to-Work Programs," CEPR Discussion Papers 5937, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeff Borland, 2014. "Dealing with unemployment: What should be the role of labour market programs?," Evidence Base, Australia and New Zealand School of Government, vol. 2014(4), pages 1-21, December.
- Victor R. Fuchs & Alan B. Krueger & James M. Poterba, 1997. "Why do Economists Disagree About Policy?," NBER Working Papers 6151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman, 2011.
"Policies to foster human capital,"
Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 73-137.
- James J. Heckman, 1999. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 7288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," JCPR Working Papers 154, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- James Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," Working Papers 0028, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Miguel Baião Santos, 2010. "Inserção no Mercado de Trabalho e Formação Profissional - Guia Teórico para Decisores," Working Papers wp052010, Socius, Socio-Economics Research Centre at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG) of the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Sciences, Research Coach in Social & Dinh, Ngoan-Thi & Hiep, Pham Hung, 2019. "Examining Fresh Graduates’ Perception of Employability in the Information Technology Industry in Vietnam," OSF Preprints 32ghv, Center for Open Science.
- Eleftheria KOLOKYTHA & Georgios KOLOKYTHAS & Fotini PERDIKI & Stavros VALSAMIDIS, 2018. "Labour Job Digitalization: Myths And Realities," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 17(2), pages 3-18.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Guido Imbens & Jacob Alex Klerman, 2000.
"The Long-Term Gains from GAIN A Re-Analysis of the Impacts of the California GAIN Program,"
DRU-2340, RAND Corporation.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Guido W. Imbens & Jacob A. Klerman, 2000. "The Long-Term Gains from GAIN: A Re-Analysis of the Impacts of the California GAIN Program," NBER Working Papers 8007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens, 2006.
"Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(2), pages 431-497, March.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens, 2002. "Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-In-Differences Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan Athey & Guido Imbens, 2003. "Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000079, David K. Levine.
- Juan-Francisco Martínez-Cerdá & Joan Torrent-Sellens & Inés González-González & Pilar Ficapal-Cusí, 2018. "Opening the Black-Box in Lifelong E-Learning for Employability: A Framework for a Socio-Technical E-Learning Employability System of Measurement (STELEM)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-27, March.
- Arild Aakvik & James J. Heckman & Edward J. Vytlacil, 2000. "Treatment Effects for Discrete Outcomes when Responses to Treatment Vary Among Observationally Identical Persons: An Application to Norwegian ..," NBER Technical Working Papers 0262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michele Gazzola & Daniele Mazzacani, 2019. "Foreign language skills and employment status of European natives: evidence from Germany, Italy and Spain," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 713-740, November.
- Tisch, Anita, 2015. "The employability of older job-seekers: Evidence from Germany," The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 102-112.
- Jo Forster & Margaret Petrie & Jim Crowther, 2018. "Deindustrialisation, Community, and Adult Education: The North East England Experience," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-16, October.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Adato, Michelle, 2001.
"How effectively do public works programs transfer benefits to the poor?,"
108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Adato, Michelle, 2001. "How effectively do public works programs transfer benefits to the poor?," FCND discussion papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nan L. Maxwell, 2008. "Labor Markets And Health Benefits: The Offer And Restrictions On It," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 73-88, January.
- Philip J. O'Connell, 1999. "Are they working? Market Orientation and the Effectiveness of Active Labour Market Programmes in Ireland," Papers WP105, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Riddell, W. Craig, 2009. "Economic Change and Worker Displacement in Canada: Consequences and Policy Responses," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-41, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Jul 2009.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkforce development; employability; public policy; outcomes framework; process-evaluation;
All these keywords.
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LMA-2018-08-20 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.