One Market, One Law: EU Enlargement in light of the economic theory of optimal legal areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore, 1997. "On the Number and Size of Nations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1027-1056.
- Ricahrd E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, April.
- Romer, Paul, 1993. "Idea gaps and object gaps in economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 543-573, December.
- Allen, Larry & Amacher, Ryan C & Tollison, Robert D, 1974. "The Economic Theory of Clubs: A Geometric Exposition," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 29(3-4), pages 386-391.
- Jorgen Mortensen & Sandor Richter, 2000. "Measurement of Costs and Benefits of Accession to the European Union for Selected Countries in Central and Eastern Europe," wiiw Research Reports 263, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Sandler, Todd & Tschirhart, John T, 1980. "The Economic Theory of Clubs: An Evaluative Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 1481-1521, December.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1967. "Hierarchical Control and Optimum Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 123-123.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2000.
"EU Enlargement, Migration, and Lessons from German Unification,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(3), pages 299-314, August.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1999. "EU Enlargement, Migration, and Lessons from German Unification," CESifo Working Paper Series 182, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1999. "EU Enlargement, Migration and Lessons from German Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 2174, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1974. "The Economic Theory of Clubs: Optimal Tax/Subsidy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(163), pages 308-321, August.
- Bean, Richard, 1973. "War and the Birth of the Nation State," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 203-221, March.
- Kronman, Anthony T, 1985. "Contract Law and the State of Nature," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 5-32, Spring.
- Laurence Moss, 1980. "Optimal jurisdictions and the economic theory of the state: Or, anarchy and one-world government are only corner solutions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 17-26, January.
More about this item
Keywordsenlargement of the European Union; approximation of law; optimal legal areas;
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:csledp:200103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fosaade.html .