Dominating estimators for the global minimum variance portfolio
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frahm, Gabriel & Memmel, Christoph, 2008. "Dominating estimators for the global minimum variance portfolio," Discussion Papers in Econometrics and Statistics 2/08, University of Cologne, Institute of Econometrics and Statistics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Kempf & Christoph Memmel, 2006. "Estimating the global Minimum Variance Portfolio," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 58(4), pages 332-348, October.
- Sharpe, William F., 1967. "Portfolio Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 76-84, June.
- Okhrin, Yarema & Schmid, Wolfgang, 2006. "Distributional properties of portfolio weights," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 235-256, September.
- Vasyl Golosnoy & Yarema Okhrin, 2007. "Multivariate Shrinkage for Optimal Portfolio Weights," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 441-458.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriel Frahm & Tobias Wickern & Christof Wiechers, 2012. "Multiple tests for the performance of different investment strategies," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 96(3), pages 343-383, July.
- Fabio Caccioli & Imre Kondor & Matteo Marsili & Susanne Still, 2014. "$L_p$ regularized portfolio optimization," Papers 1404.4040, arXiv.org.
- Taras Bodnar & Wolfgang Schmid & Taras Zabolotskyy, 2013. "Asymptotic behavior of the estimated weights and of the estimated performance measures of the minimum VaR and the minimum CVaR optimal portfolios for dependent data," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 76(8), pages 1105-1134, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance matrix estimation; global minimum variance portfolio; James-Stein estimation; naive diversification; shrinkage estimator;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-09-05 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-09-05 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdp2:200901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .