Modeling electricity loads in California: ARMA models with hyperbolic noise
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramanathan, Ramu & Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive W. J. & Vahid-Araghi, Farshid & Brace, Casey, 1997. "Shorte-run forecasts of electricity loads and peaks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-174, June.
- Smith, Michael, 2000. "Modeling and Short-term Forecasting of New South Wales Electricity System Load," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(4), pages 465-478, October.
- Weron, Rafal, 2000. "Energy price risk management," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 285(1), pages 127-134.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Weron, R. & Kozłowska, B. & Nowicka-Zagrajek, J., 2001. "Modeling electricity loads in California: a continuous-time approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 344-350.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paraschiv, Florentina, 2013. "Price Dynamics in Electricity Markets," Working Papers on Finance 1314, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Ohtsuka, Yoshihiro & Oga, Takashi & Kakamu, Kazuhiko, 2010. "Forecasting electricity demand in Japan: A Bayesian spatial autoregressive ARMA approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2721-2735, November.
- Wang, Jianzhou & Zhu, Wenjin & Zhang, Wenyu & Sun, Donghuai, 2009. "A trend fixed on firstly and seasonal adjustment model combined with the [epsilon]-SVR for short-term forecasting of electricity demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4901-4909, November.
- repec:eee:energy:v:126:y:2017:i:c:p:124-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Myung Suk, 2013. "Modeling special-day effects for forecasting intraday electricity demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(1), pages 170-180.
- Pappas, S.Sp. & Ekonomou, L. & Karamousantas, D.Ch. & Chatzarakis, G.E. & Katsikas, S.K. & Liatsis, P., 2008. "Electricity demand loads modeling using AutoRegressive Moving Average (ARMA) models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1353-1360.
- Soares, Lacir J. & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2008. "Modeling and forecasting short-term electricity load: A comparison of methods with an application to Brazilian data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 630-644.
- Misiorek Adam & Trueck Stefan & Weron Rafal, 2006. "Point and Interval Forecasting of Spot Electricity Prices: Linear vs. Non-Linear Time Series Models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-36, September.
- Magnus Perninge & Lennart Söder, 2014. "Irreversible investments with delayed reaction: an application to generation re-dispatch in power system operation," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 79(2), pages 195-224, April.
- Paraschiv, Florentina & Erni, David & Pietsch, Ralf, 2014. "The impact of renewable energies on EEX day-ahead electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 196-210.
- Lacir J. Soares & Marcelo Cunha Medeiros, 2005. "Modelling and forecasting short-term electricity load: a two step methodology," Textos para discussão 495, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:1072-1083 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Shisheng & Hodge, Bri-Mathias S. & Taheripour, Farzad & Pekny, Joseph F. & Reklaitis, Gintaras V. & Tyner, Wallace E., 2011. "The effects of electricity pricing on PHEV competitiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1552-1561, March.
- Kracík, Jiří & Lavička, Hynek, 2016. "Fluctuation analysis of high frequency electric power load in the Czech Republic," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 462(C), pages 951-961.
- Powell, Kody M. & Sriprasad, Akshay & Cole, Wesley J. & Edgar, Thomas F., 2014. "Heating, cooling, and electrical load forecasting for a large-scale district energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 877-885.
- Mat Daut, Mohammad Azhar & Hassan, Mohammad Yusri & Abdullah, Hayati & Rahman, Hasimah Abdul & Abdullah, Md Pauzi & Hussin, Faridah, 2017. "Building electrical energy consumption forecasting analysis using conventional and artificial intelligence methods: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1108-1118.
- Amaral, Luiz Felipe & Souza, Reinaldo Castro & Stevenson, Maxwell, 2008. "A smooth transition periodic autoregressive (STPAR) model for short-term load forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 603-615.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity load; ARMA model; Heavy tails; Hyperbolic distribution; Forecast;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuu:wpaper:hsc0202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hspwrpl.html .