Determinants of the Trade Balance in Industrialized Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, Andrew K. & Yellen, Janet L., 1989. "Is there a J-curve?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-68, July.
- Swamy, P A V B, 1970.
"Efficient Inference in a Random Coefficient Regression Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 311-323, March.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SWAMY: RATS procedure to compute a GLS matrix weighted estimator for a panel data set," Statistical Software Components RTS00206, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1991. "Is there a long-run relation between the trade balance and the real effective exchange rate of LDCs?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 403-407, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Artatrana Ratha, 2004. "The J-Curve: a literature review," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1377-1398.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1985. "Devaluation and the J-Curve: Some Evidence from LDCs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 500-504, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ali Kutan, 2009. "The J-curve in the emerging economies of Eastern Europe," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(20), pages 2523-2532.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S., 1985. "Income and price effects in foreign trade," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1041-1105 Elsevier.
- Hassan Shirvani & Barry Wilbratte, 1997. "The Relationship Between The Real Exchange Rate and The Trade Balance: An Empirical Reassessment," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 39-50.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandra Ferreira Lopes & Tiago Neves Sequeira, 2014.
"The dynamics of the trade balance and the terms of trade in Central and Eastern European countries,"
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(1), pages 51-71, March.
- Alexandra Ferreira-Lopes & Tiago Neves Sequeira, 2010. "The Dynamics of the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade in Central and Eastern European Countries," Working Papers Series 1 ercwp0310, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Dr. Mohammad Alawin & Eman Al-Maghareez, 2013. "Factors Affecting Trade Balance, The Case Of Jordan," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 11(3), pages 33-49, May.
- Mohamed Abbas Ibrahim, 2016. "Trade deficit in Egypt: Is it can be controlled?," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(6), pages 1-7.
- repec:rfe:zbefri:v:35:y:2017:i:2:p:277-299 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mejía Méndez, Cinthya & Jáquez Polanco, Jaqueli & Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2017.
"Determinantes del déficit comercial de la República Dominicana
[Determinants of the trade deficit of the Dominican Republic]," MPRA Paper 81218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; trade balance; real effective exchange rate index; fiscal balance; panel data methods;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsr:ecbook:2008:i:i-013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.