A New Look at the Laffer Curve and the Displacement Loss from Tax Evasion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:challe:v:28:y:1985:i:4:p:50-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Slemrod, Joel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Tax avoidance, evasion, and administration," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 22, pages 1423-1470 Elsevier.
- Heckman, James J & Honore, Bo E, 1990. "The Empirical Content of the Roy Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1121-1149, September.
- Filip Palda, 1998. "Evasive Ability and the Efficiency Cost of the Underground Economy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1118-1138, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Hanousek & Filip Palda, 2009.
"Is there a displacement deadweight loss from tax evasion? Estimates using firm surveys from the Czech Republic,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 139-158, August.
- Hanousek, Jan & Palda, Filip, 2007. "Is there a Displacement Deadweight Loss from Tax Evasion? Estimates Using Firm Surveys from the Czech Republic," MPRA Paper 3911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsunderground economy; tax evasion; deadweight loss; taxation;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2001-11-21 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2001-11-21 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2001-11-21 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0111006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .