No Easy Answers: Comparative Labor Market Problems in the United States Versus Europe
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1997. "No Easy Answers: Comparative Labor Market Problems in the United States versus Europe," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_188, Levy Economics Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, Steven G, 2001. "Technology and the Wage Structure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 440-483, April.
- Nada Eissa & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1996.
"Labor Supply Response to the Earned Income Tax Credit,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 605-637.
- Nada Eissa & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1995. "Labor Supply Response to the Earned Income Tax Credit," NBER Working Papers 5158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J, 1990.
" Demand- and Supply-Side Policies and Unemployment: Policy Implications of the Insider-Outsider Approach,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 279-305.
- Lindbeck, A. & Snower, D.J., 1989. "Demand- And Supply-Side Policies And Unemployment: Policy Implications Of The Insider-Outside Approach," Papers 439, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J., 1989. "Demand- and Supply-Side Policies and Unemployment: Policy Implications of the Insider-Outsider Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Zvi Griliches, 1994. "Changes in the Demand for Skilled Labor within U. S. Manufacturing: Evidence from the Annual Survey of Manufactures," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 367-397.
- Levy, Frank & Murnane, Richard J, 1992. "U.S. Earnings Levels and Earnings Inequality: A Review of Recent Trends and Proposed Explanations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 1333-1381.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 1993. "Did the Thatcher Reforms Change British Labour Performance?," NBER Working Papers 4384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1995. "Differences and Changes in Wage Structures," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number free95-1.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1994. "Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan94-1.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1995. "The Collapse in Demand for the Unskilled and Unemployment across the OECD," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 40-62, Spring.
- Blank, Rebecca M, 1995. "Changes in Inequality and Unemployment over the 1980s: Comparative Cross-National Responses," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 8(1), pages 1-21, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alena BicÃ¡kovÃ¡, 2005. "Unemployment Versus Inactivity: An Analysis of the Earnings and Labor Force Status of Prime Age Men in France, the UK, and the US at the End of the 20th Century," LIS Working papers 412, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Robert Pollin, 2002. "Globalization and the Transition to Egalitarian Development," Working Papers wp42, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
More about this item
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:9711003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .