Capital scarcities as a reason for high unemployment in the European Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1994.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 772-793, September.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1993. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania," Working Papers 694, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1993. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania," NBER Working Papers 4509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Soskice, David, 1990. "Wage Determination: The Changing Role of Institutions in Advanced Industrialized Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 36-61, Winter.
- Sattinger, Michael, 1993. "Assignment Models of the Distribution of Earnings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 831-880, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1981. "Jobs as Dam Sites," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 37-49.
- Gottfries, Nils & McCormick, Barry, 1995.
"Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gottfries, N. & Mccormick, B., 1990. "Discrimination And Open Unemployment In A Segmented Labour Market," Papers 460, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Gottfries, N. & McCormick, B., 1993. "Discrimination and open unemployment in a segmented labour market," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9320, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Hargreaves Heap, Shaun P, 1994. " Institutions and (Short-Run) Macroeconomic Performance," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 35-56, March.
- Gary Burtless, 1995. "International Trade and the Rise in Earnings Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 800-816, June.
- Gilles Saint-Paul, 1995. "The High Unemployment Trap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 527-550.
- Smith, Bruce D, 1995.
"Sectoral Employment and Cyclical Fluctuations in an Adverse Selection Model,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(2), pages 261-281, May.
- Smith, B.D., 1990. "Sectoral Employment And Cyclical Fluctuations In An Adverse Selection Model," RCER Working Papers 218, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1994. "Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan94-1.
- Hoel, Michael, 1990. " Local versus Central Wage Bargaining with Endogenous Investments," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(3), pages 453-469.
- Sattinger, Michael, 1995. "Search and the Efficient Assignment of Workers to Jobs," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(2), pages 283-302, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Frijters & Robert Gregory, 2006.
"From Golden Age to Golden Age: Australia's 'Great Leap Forward'?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(257), pages 207-224, June.
- Frijters, Paul & Gregory, Bob, 2006. "From Golden Age to Golden Age: Australia's "Great Leap Forward"?," IZA Discussion Papers 2068, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:9706002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .