Government Financing and Interest Rates in a Three Assets Sidrauski-based Model
In this paper we formulate a Sidrauski-based model with three assets in which we introduce public bonds into the utility function of agents, with the purpose of analyzing some related questions with regards to the consequences of the financial activity of the government and the determination of the interest rates. The results obtained permit us to conclude that, within this framework: 1.-financial decisions of government will not influence the steady state levels of consumption and capital, and 2.-the inflation rate affects the real interest rate on bonds negatively.
|Date of creation:||29 Jun 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - Acrobat PDF; prepared on IBM PC ; to print on A4 paper; pages: 12|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://220.127.116.11|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siegel, Jeremy J, 1983. "Technological Change and the Superneutrality of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(3), pages 363-67, August.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1979. "On Models of Money and Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1972. "Money, income, wealth, and welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 289-311, April.
- Drazen, Allan, 1981. "Inflation and capital accumulation under a finite horizon," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 247-260.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B, 1986. "Inflation and Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 585-605, May.
- Mitchell, Douglas W, 1985. " Expected Inflation and Interest Rates in a Multi-asset Model: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 595-99, June.
- Fried, Joel & Howitt, Peter, 1983. "The Effects of Inflation on Real Interest Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 968-80, December.
- Carmichael, Jeffrey & Stebbing, Peter W, 1983. "Fisher's Paradox and the Theory of Interest," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 619-30, September.
- Barr, D G & Cuthbertson, Keith, 1991. "Neoclassical Consumer Demand Theory and the Demand for Money," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 855-76, July.
- Dutkowsky, Donald H & Foote, William G, 1988. "The Demand for Money: A Rational Expectations Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 83-92, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0004017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.