The Beginnings and Prospective Ending of “End-to-End”: An Evolutionary Perspective On the Internet’s Architecture
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Garrouste & Stavros Iaonnides, 2001. "Evolution and Path-Dependency in Economic Ideas: Past and Present," Post-Print halshs-00274526, HAL.
- Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason & Hal Varian, 1994.
"Economic FAQs About the Internet,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 75-96, Summer.
- Mackie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.R., 1994. "Economic FACs about the Internet," Papers 94-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason & Hal R. Varian, 1996. "Economic FAQs About the Internet," Industrial Organization 9606001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David, Paul A & Steinmueller, W Edward, 1996. "Standards, trade and competition in the emerging global information infrastructure environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 817-830, December.
- Paul A. David, 2007.
"Path Dependence, its Critics, and the Quest for ‘Historical Economics’,"
Chapters,in: The Evolution of Economic Institutions, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paul A. David, "undated". "Path Dependence, its critics, and the quest for 'historical economics'," Working Papers 00011, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Paul A.David, 2005. "Path dependence, its critics and the quest for ‘historical economics’," Economic History 0502003, EconWPA.
- David, Paul A & Shurmer, Mark, 1996. "Formal standards-setting for global telecommunications and information services. Towards an institutional regime transformation?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 789-815, December.
More about this item
- L - Industrial Organization
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2005-04-16 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-INO-2005-04-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2005-04-16 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0502012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.