Great expectations. Part II: Generalized expected utility as a universal decision rule
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wakker, Peter P. & Zank, Horst, 2002. "A simple preference foundation of cumulative prospect theory with power utility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1253-1271, July.
- Rakesh Sarin & Peter Wakker, 1997.
"A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 399-409.
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996. "A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility," Discussion Paper 1996-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Gul, Faruk, 1991. "A Theory of Disappointment Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 667-686, May.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1986. "Maxmin Expected Utility with a Non-Unique Prior," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275405, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Lehmann, Daniel, 2001. "Expected Qualitative Utility Maximization," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 54-79, April.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-587, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1987. "Reconsiderations in the Foundations of Decision under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388), pages 825-841, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francis Chu & Joseph Halpern, 2008.
"Great Expectations. Part I: On the Customizability of Generalized Expected Utility,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 1-36, February.
- Francis C. Chu & Joseph Y. Halpern, 2004. "Great Expectations. Part I: On the Customizability of Generalized Expected Utility," Game Theory and Information 0411003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:57:y:2006:i:11:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602142 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-11-22 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0411004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.