The Indian IPO Market: Empirical Facts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ritter, Jay R, 1991. "The Long-run Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 3-27, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramit Anand & Balwinder Singh, 2019. "Do Firm- and Board-specific Characteristics Corroborate Underpricing? A Study on the Indian IPOs," Management and Labour Studies, XLRI Jamshedpur, School of Business Management & Human Resources, vol. 44(1), pages 86-102, February.
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006.
"The international financial integration of China and India,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp174, IIIS.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2007. "The international financial integration of China and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4132, The World Bank.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," CEPR Discussion Papers 5852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Ritchie & William Dimovski & Saikat Sovan Deb, 2013. "Underpricing of infrastructure IPOs: evidence from India," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 24-46, March.
- Sanjay Dhamija & Ravinder Kumar Arora, 2017. "Initial and After-market Performance of SME IPOs in India," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 18(6), pages 1536-1551, December.
- Ajay Shah, 1995. "The Indian IPO Market: Suggestions for Institutional Arrangements," Finance 9507004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subadar Agathee, Ushad & Brooks, Chris & Sannassee, Raja Vinesh, 2012. "Hot and cold IPO markets: The case of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 168-192.
- Arvind Chaturvedi & Alok Pandey & Syamal K. Ghosh, 2006. "Firm Financing through IPOs: A Study of Causal Variables Responsible for Under-Pricing," Vision, , vol. 10(3), pages 23-33, July.
- Aggarwal, Reena*Klapper, Leora, 2003. "Ownership structure and initial public offerings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3103, The World Bank.
- Amanpreet Kaur & Balwinder Singh, 2017. "Examining SEBIâ€™s Edict: Mandatory to Voluntary IPO Grading," Management and Labour Studies, XLRI Jamshedpur, School of Business Management & Human Resources, vol. 42(2), pages 79-87, May.
- Priyanka Singh & Brajesh Kumar, 2012. "Short Run and Long Run Dynamics of Initial Public Offerings: Evidence from India," Jindal Journal of Business Research, , vol. 1(1), pages 87-113, June.
- Kumar G Arun & Pandey, Ajay, 2001. "Relative Effectiveness of Signals in IPOs in Indian Capital Markets," IIMA Working Papers WP2001-09-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- S. M. Locke & Kartick Gupta, 2009. "The return to initial public offerings: a Sino-Indian comparison," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 255-277, February.
- Mayur, Manas & Kumar, Manoj, 2006. "An Empirical Investigation of Going Public Decision of Indian Companies," MPRA Paper 1801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yin He & Bin Li & Yunhua Tian & Lijun Wang, 2016. "Does Foreign Venture Capital Provide More Value-added Services to Initial Public Offering Companies in China?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(2), pages 90-106, March.
- Sian Owen & Jo-Ann Suchard, 2013. "The impact of venture capital/private equity investment on the performance of IPOs in Australia," Chapters, in: Mario Levis & Silvio Vismara (ed.), Handbook of Research on IPOs, chapter 19, pages 400-420, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Su, Chen & Brookfield, David, 2013. "An evaluation of the impact of stock market reforms on IPO under-pricing in China: The certification role of underwriters," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 20-33.
- Tsukioka, Yasutomo & Yanagi, Junya & Takada, Teruko, 2018. "Investor sentiment extracted from internet stock message boards and IPO puzzles," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 205-217.
- Ning Jia, 2017. "Diversification of pre-IPO ownership and foreign IPO performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1031-1061, May.
- Chan, Kam C. & Li, Guangzi, 2022. "Prior banking relationships and long-term IPO performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 123-134.
- Yin‐Hua Yeh & Pei‐Gi Shu & Re‐Jin Guo, 2008. "Ownership Structure and IPO Valuation—Evidence from Taiwan," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 141-161, March.
- Salim Chahine & Jean-Pierre Mathieu, 2003. "Valorisation stratégique par contextes de valeur : le cas des introductions sur le nouveau marché," Post-Print hal-00765190, HAL.
- Seguin, P. J. & Smoller, M. M., 1997. "Share price and mortality: An empirical evaluation of newly listed Nasdaq stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 333-363, September.
- DuCharme, Larry L. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Sefcik, Stephan E., 2004. "Earnings management, stock issues, and shareholder lawsuits," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 27-49, January.
- Hensler, Douglas A. & Herrera, Martin J. & Lockwood, Larry J., 2000. "The performance of initial public offerings in the Mexican stock market, 1987-1993," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 93-116, February.
- Laura Bottazzi & Marco da Rin, 2003. "Financing Entrepreneurial Firms in Europe: Facts, Issues, and Research Agenda," CESifo Working Paper Series 958, CESifo.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Mihov, Vassil T., 2015. "Debt financing, venture capital, and the performance of initial public offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 144-165.
- Seshadev Sahoo, 2016. "Signalling by IPO grading: an empirical investigation," Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 68-85.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- Bellonia Antonella & Passaretti Tommaso & Visconti Raffaele, 2013. "Seasonality in Equity Rising on Stock Markets. Windows of Opportunity? Empirical Evidence from China, India, Brazil and South Africa," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(4), pages 1-1, August.
- David Hirshleifer & Joshua B. Plotkin, 2021.
"Moonshots, investment booms, and selection bias in the transmission of cultural traits,"
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 118(26), pages 2015571118-, June.
- David Hirshleifer & Joshua Plotkin, 2020. "Moonshots, Investment Booms, and Selection Bias in the Transmission of Cultural Traits," NBER Working Papers 27735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avelino, Ricardo, 2020. "A Note on Brazilian IPOs Performance in the Long Run," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 74(4), December.
- Cho, Jaemin & Lee, Jaeho, 2013. "The venture capital certification role in R&D: Evidence from IPO underpricing in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 83-108.
- Zhang, Yeqing & Zhang, Xueyong, 2020. "Patent growth and the long-run performance of VC-backed IPOs," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 33-47.
More about this item
- G - Financial Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9507003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.