Seasonality in Equity Rising on Stock Markets. Windows of Opportunity? Empirical Evidence from China, India, Brazil and South Africa
Empirical research has underlined high variability cases of equity-raising through the placing of shares in the primary market in the course of time, considering both new enterprises’ quotations, and increases for the already- quoted ones in regulated markets. Different periods and markets at different development stages have been taken in exam, resulting in the discovery of high concentration of such operations in specific time-slots. Focusing on China, India, Brazil and South Africa’s stock markets trends between 2003 and 2011, the research aims to verify if: a) The collected capitals are concentrated in years of high share indexes’ levels; b) The collected capitals increase in presence of high market average’s price-earnings.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996.
"Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, . "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CRSP working papers 330, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Ibbotson, Roger G & Jaffe, Jeffrey F, 1975. ""Hot Issue" Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1027-42, September.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Maswana, Jean-Claude, 2006. "An empirical investigation around the finance-growth puzzle in China with a particular focus on causality and efficiency considerations," MPRA Paper 3946, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2006.
- Simon Gervais & Terrance Odean, .
"Learning To Be Overconfident,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
05-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Simon Gervais & Terrance Odean, . "Learning To Be Overconfident," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Josh Lerner & Alexander Tsai, 2000.
"Do Equity Financing Cycles Matter? Evidence from Biotechnology Alliances,"
NBER Working Papers
7464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lerner, Josh & Shane, Hilary & Tsai, Alexander, 2003. "Do equity financing cycles matter? evidence from biotechnology alliances," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 411-446, March.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2002.
"From Efficient Market Theory to Behavioral Finance,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1385, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2003. "From Efficient Markets Theory to Behavioral Finance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 83-104, Winter.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1991. " The Long-run Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 3-27, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.