Chaos and Nonlinear Forecastability in Economics and Finance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clive W. Granger & Timo Terasvirta & Heather M. Anderson, 1993. "Modeling Nonlinearity over the Business Cycle," NBER Chapters,in: Business Cycles, Indicators and Forecasting, pages 311-326 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blake LeBaron, "undated".
"Technical Trading Rules and Regime Shifts in Foreign Exchange,"
_007, University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- LeBaron, B., 1991. "Technical Trading Rules and Regime Shifts in Foreign Exchange," Working papers 9118, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven C. Blank, 1991. "“Chaos” in futures markets? A nonlinear dynamical analysis," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 711-728, December.
- Ramsey, James B & Sayers, Chera L & Rothman, Philip, 1990.
"The Statistical Properties of Dimension Calculations Using Small Data Sets: Some Economic Applications,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(4), pages 991-1020, November.
- Ramsey, J.B. & Sayers, C.L. & Rothman, P., 1988. "The Statistical Properties Of Dimension Calculations Using Small Data Sets: Some Economic Applications," Papers 15, Houston - Department of Economics.
- William Barnett, 2005.
- William Barnett, 2005. "Monetary Aggregation," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200510, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Blake LeBaron, "undated". "The Joint Dynamics and Stability of Stock Prices and Volume," Working papers _004, University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- Frank, Murray & Gencay, Ramazan & Stengos, Thanasis, 1988. "International chaos?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1569-1584, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
" Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-1764, December.
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991. "Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns," Working papers 90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosser, J. Jr. & Ahmed, Ehsan & Hartmann, Georg C., 2003. "Volatility via social flaring," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Leonidov, Andrei & Trainin, Vladimir & Zaitsev, Alexander & Zaitsev, Sergey, 2007. "Market mill dependence pattern in the stock market: Modeling of predictability and asymmetry via multi-component conditional distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 386(1), pages 240-252.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H., 1997. "Models of Compelxity in Economics and Finance," Working papers 9706, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Sergio Da Silva, 2004. "The Dornbusch Model with Chaos and Foreign Exchange Intervention," International Finance 0405017, EconWPA.
- Barkley Rosser, J. Jr., 2001. "Complex ecologic-economic dynamics and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, April.
- Mahajan, Arvind & Wagner, Andrew J., 1999. "Nonlinear dynamics in foreign exchange rates," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23.
- Small Michael & Tse Chi K., 2003. "Determinism in Financial Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-31, October.
- Ahmed, Ehsan & Barkley Rosser, J. Jr. & Uppal, Jamshed Y., 1999. "Evidence of nonlinear speculative bubbles in pacific-rim stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 21-36.
- Sergio Da Silva, 2001. "Chaotic Exchange Rate Dynamics Redux," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 281-304, July.
- Brock, William A. & de Fontnouvelle, Patrick, 2000. "Expectational diversity in monetary economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 725-759, June.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:1423-1433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Risso, Wiston Adrián, 2008. "The informational efficiency and the financial crashes," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 396-408, September.
- Lonnie Hamm & B. Wade Brorsen, 2000. "Trading futures markets based on signals from a neural network," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 137-140.
- Hirata, Yoshito & Aihara, Kazuyuki, 2012. "Timing matters in foreign exchange markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(3), pages 760-766.
- Jati Sengupta & Raymond Sfeir, 1997. "Exchange rate instability: some empirical tests of temporal dynamics," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(9), pages 547-550.
- Ruiz Estrada, Mario Arturo & Koutronas, Evangelos, 2016. "Terrorist attack assessment: Paris November 2015 and Brussels March 2016," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 553-571.
- Lubos Briatka, 2006. "How Big is Big Enough? Justifying Results of the iid Test Based on the Correlation Integral in the Non-Normal World," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp308, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Carolina Castaldi & Giovanni Dosi, 2003. "The Grip of History and the Scope for Novelty: Some Results and Open Questions on Path Dependence in Economic Processes," LEM Papers Series 2003/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Barkoulas, John T. & Chakraborty, Atreya & Ouandlous, Arav, 2012. "A metric and topological analysis of determinism in the crude oil spot market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 584-591.
- Faggini, Marisa, 2010. "Chaos detection in economics. Metric versus topological tools," MPRA Paper 30928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitaliy Vandrovych, 2005. "Study of Nonlinearities in the Dynamics of Exchange Rates: Is There Any Evidence of Chaos?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 234, Society for Computational Economics.
More about this item
- G - Financial Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9411001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.